• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Powerful Vegetarian Cooking for MOM Group | Budget-Friendly Ideas

In summary, the Vegetarian Power Cooking Show for Mothers of Multiples Group on August 30th is something that the author is considering, but wants to do it as inexpensively as possible. Ideas for doing it cheaper include asking a couple of Moms what recipe they always wanted to try (doesn't have to be PC), and using the new Vegetarian Cookbook.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I have been asked to do a Vegetarian Power Cooking Show for the MOM (Mothers of Multiples) group on August 30th. I know with the new Vegetarian Cookbook coming out, there may be things in there but I wanted to pick your brains to see what we could do. I want to do it as inexpensively as possible as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I want to WOW them into buying lots of stuff! ;)

Grilled vegetables are a great idea if you have the grill basket. You can do lots of rice dishes in the Rice Cooker and steam veggies in the micro cookers, too. A lot of our "gadgets" are fantastic for cutting up veggies, and you can show the cutting boards and chopper with them, too. Also, show the new Cool and Serve Tray for serving fresh veggies/fruits, and everyone can use the Simple Additions. Bakeware is always good, too (muffin pans, etc.). Good luck!

Going with Cathy's suggestion, how about asking a couple of Moms what recipe they always wanted to try (doesn't have to be PC), that they thought might be too difficult. Then, show them how easy it actually is when you have the right tools. This way, you don't have to think up the recipe, just let them play with the tools.

Check out the library for the Once-A-Month cooking type books. There are several of them. Look on Amazon.com for titles if you need to, and then head to the library (or if your library is online, look online to see if they have them). You can probably also google for vegetarian recipes for the freezer.
Pull out some of the vegetarian meals. I'm assuming by "Power Cooking" you are talking about like ours- where you cook once and have a few meals in the freezer.

Oh, and if you can find a recipe for a Vegetable Lasagna, I'm sure that would be a hit, and could use the Rectangle Baker to show the stoneware!

The problem with Vegetarian Power Cooking is that it's harder to come up with a base for all of the meals. There are so many varying degrees of being Veg - some eat dairy, some don't, some eat fish, some don't, some eat eggs, and some don't, some eat dairy and eggs, but not fish...and then you throw in the Vegans, and it's even more complicated!

It's not like when you do a Chicken Power Cooking, or a Beef Power Cooking...
I used to be a Personal Chef - and my Veg. Clients were a TON more work. :)

I think instead of thinking of it as a traditional "power cooking" class - I would focus on just a couple recipes that could be made in bulk and put in the freezer. There are some really great recipes in the new Veg Cookbook, but while we were looking at it, my friend who was with me was already counting the # of recipes that her Vegetarian friend wouldn't eat because they contained dairy. (Many of them do)

What do they substitute in a recipe, say for chicken....ask that, and then just substitute! I know that chicken wrap ... you could probably just add more beans!

I'll check with my contact and see. I think they all do eggs/cheese so that should help. Wonder if your Bacon Linguini Toss is freezable... Course some may not want the bacon! GEEZ! I am demoing the new Antipasti Pullapart Pizza. I figured that way, everyone got a recipe card! :)

I am bumping this to get more ideas... Thanks!

pcchefjane said:
I'll check with my contact and see. I think they all do eggs/cheese so that should help. Wonder if your Bacon Linguini Toss is freezable... Course some may not want the bacon! GEEZ! I am demoing the new Antipasti Pullapart Pizza. I figured that way, everyone got a recipe card! :)
Don't know any vegetarian who will eat bacon. In fact, I know all kinds of non-vegetarians who won't eat pork. That would be the last type of meat a lot of people would eat. Also - pasta dishes generally don't freeze very well, unless you've been specifically trained in how to do it.

1. What is "Vegetarian Power Cooking"?

Vegetarian Power Cooking is a style of cooking that focuses on using plant-based ingredients to create healthy and flavorful meals. It is a great option for those looking to incorporate more vegetables and plant-based proteins into their diet.

2. Is "Vegetarian Power Cooking" suitable for vegans?

Yes, "Vegetarian Power Cooking" is suitable for vegans as it does not include any animal products or by-products. However, it is important to carefully read ingredient labels and make sure all ingredients used are vegan-friendly.

3. What are some key ingredients used in "Vegetarian Power Cooking"?

Some key ingredients used in "Vegetarian Power Cooking" include vegetables such as leafy greens, root vegetables, and cruciferous vegetables, as well as plant-based proteins like tofu, tempeh, beans, and lentils. Whole grains, nuts, and seeds are also commonly used.

4. Can I still get enough protein from "Vegetarian Power Cooking"?

Yes, "Vegetarian Power Cooking" can provide ample amounts of protein through plant-based sources. For example, a cup of cooked lentils contains about 18 grams of protein, and a cup of cooked quinoa contains about 8 grams of protein. Combining different plant-based protein sources throughout the day can ensure you are getting enough protein.

5. Are there any specific kitchen tools or equipment needed for "Vegetarian Power Cooking"?

No, there are no specific kitchen tools or equipment needed for "Vegetarian Power Cooking". However, having a good quality chef's knife, cutting board, and a variety of pots and pans can make the cooking process easier and more efficient. A food processor or blender may also come in handy for blending sauces or making homemade nut milks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Careyann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
Replies