• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Pray for My Puppy Champ | Update on His Tumor Removal Surgery

In summary, the author's dog had a tumor removed a year ago and it came back. The author is going to take the dog to the vet today to have it removed again. It is expected to cost $340. If it doesn't work, the dog will have to be put down.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate your prayers (again) for my dog Champ (I call him my puppy - he is 8)! I don't know if you remember, but a year ago he had a tumor between his toes on his right hind foot. He had surgery to remove it and luckily it was benign, but they didn't get clean skin on both sides of it. They said if he went 6-9 months there was a good chance it wouldn't come back. Just when I was thinking we were in the clear - it's back! I have to take him to the vet at 4:45 today. I'm hoping there is enough skin for them to remove it again. That is why they didn't get enough skin around it the last time!

Please if you could say a little prayer for him. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Aww...poor pup!(Mine are 7 and I still call them pups, called my former ones pups until they died at ages 10 and 12).

pampchefrhondab said:
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate your prayers (again) for my dog Champ (I call him my puppy - he is 8)! I don't know if you remember, but a year ago he had a tumor between his toes on his right hind foot. He had surgery to remove it and luckily it was benign, but they didn't get clean skin on both sides of it. They said if he went 6-9 months there was a good chance it wouldn't come back. Just when I was thinking we were in the clear - it's back! I have to take him to the vet at 4:45 today. I'm hoping there is enough skin for them to remove it again. That is why they didn't get enough skin around it the last time!

Please if you could say a little prayer for him. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
I will pray for your puppy! I call my dogs "puppy" all the time... I hate when animals are sick. Prayers and healing for your little furry friend! :)

Oh goodness. You're in my prayers!

I'll pray for your dear Champ! My dogs were my first "children" and will always remain my babies!

Thank you everyone! Just got back from the vet. They are going to have to remove one of his toes all the way back to the nuckle and hope they get it all this time! It's going to cost $340!! Now pray I can find the money somewhere! I do have a PC show on the 20th!!

If removing the finger doesn't work, they would have to remove his entire paw, which we will not do to him. He would have to be put down.

He has a heart murmur and bad allergies which put him at a high risk for the surgery as well as healing afterward. Any prayers you can send his way would be very much appreciated.

We are aiming for surgery next Friday.

Prayers for all--and ask for oursPrayers for surgery for your precious pup.
We were at the vet today--our older dog--12 year old beagle-- has probably torn his ACL in his knee and will need surgery soon--wish ours was only $340.
Ours will be $1200, but we trust our vet.
Hugs for all pet lovers!!

quiltchef said:
Prayers for surgery for your precious pup.
We were at the vet today--our older dog--12 year old beagle-- has probably torn his ACL in his knee and will need surgery soon--wish ours was only $340.
Ours will be $1200, but we trust our vet.
Hugs for all pet lovers!!

Thank you! Prayers are coming your way too! I guess the cost of ours does sound better.

pampchefrhondab said:
Thank you everyone! Just got back from the vet. They are going to have to remove one of his toes all the way back to the nuckle and hope they get it all this time! It's going to cost $340!! Now pray I can find the money somewhere! I do have a PC show on the 20th!!

If removing the finger doesn't work, they would have to remove his entire paw, which we will not do to him. He would have to be put down.

He has a heart murmur and bad allergies which put him at a high risk for the surgery as well as healing afterward. Any prayers you can send his way would be very much appreciated.

We are aiming for surgery next Friday.

My heart aches for your ailing pooch! I pray that he will be strong during the surgery and heal fast and that he'll still be able to give you a few more wonderful years! My doggies send big, wet tongued kisses to you!

Related to Please Pray for My Puppy Champ | Update on His Tumor Removal Surgery

1. What type of tumor did Champ have?

Champ had a mast cell tumor.

2. How did the surgery go?

The surgery was successful and the tumor was completely removed.

3. Will Champ need any follow-up treatments?

Champ will need to have regular check-ups and may need additional treatments depending on his recovery.

4. How can I support Champ and his recovery?

You can support Champ by sending positive thoughts and prayers, as well as reaching out to his owner to offer any assistance or well wishes.

5. Can I donate to help cover Champ's medical expenses?

At this time, Champ's owner has not set up a donation page, but you can reach out to them directly to inquire about ways to support Champ's recovery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • erinyourpclady