• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Spare A Prayer For My Nephew With A Brain Tumor?

In summary, Dylan's surgery was successful, and they found a tumor. They are waiting for the results of a biopsy to determine if it is cancer. His parents are waiting with hope and prayer.
So sorry to hear that your nephew isn't doing well, JK. I sure hope things level off for you and your family real soon.

BTW, I love your haircut!

I may not be on much lately but do know that I am thinking of you and wish you nothing but the best.

Your nephew and family are in my prayers. May God strengthen and comfort your entire family.

I am soo sorry to hear about your little nephew. He and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Speak and declare the best over him and just cling to God in this hard time.

I'm sorry to hear it is cancer. Keep a positive outlook! It's really important.

Has he been referred to or is he going to a cancer center, or a center of excellence?

He as well as your entire family are in my prayers.

Update, the oncologist was so shocked that he was sent home before the final report, because that report is not a good one at all. The section that they prelimarily tested was showing an astrocytoma, a non-cancerous tumor. Well, the other 60% is cancerous...a stage 4 glioblastoma. Not good, they are looking in to Boston, NY and St. Jude's for some treatment plans, chemo and raidation will begin soon. Thanks for keeping Dylan and my family in your prayers.

jenniferknapp said:
Update, the oncologist was so shocked that he was sent home before the final report, because that report is not a good one at all. The section that they prelimarily tested was showing an astrocytoma, a non-cancerous tumor. Well, the other 60% is cancerous...a stage 4 glioblastoma. Not good, they are looking in to Boston, NY and St. Jude's for some treatment plans, chemo and raidation will begin soon. Thanks for keeping Dylan and my family in your prayers.
Oh jennifer, I am so sorry. Prayers being sent your way!

Awwww...hugs and prayers - I hope he stays strong through this!

Just an update...tomorrow will be the completion of 4 weeks of Dylan's radiation and chemo treatments. He is weak, and his face is very swollen - you can barely see his eyes :( ....he has the chance to "make a wish" ....but the poor kid can't even think of "what he wants in life." At 6 weeks, he will have another scan to see any changes, and they could possibly stop treatment, but I think they are pretty certain they will need at least a few more weeks due to the tumor is actively growing....continued prayers are appreciated. At this point, they aren't even considering for him to start highschool (9th grade) this Fall.

Oh Jennifer -- I am so sorry that has has gone through so much, as well as your family. Still praying and sending lots of love your way.

If you could tuck in an extra prayer tonight for my nephew, we would appreciate it. He's back in the hospital....lots of pain, and they suspect that the "something" showing up next to his vertebrae on an emergency MRI is a tumor... More tests tomorrow.Thanks.

Jennifer- Dylan and your family are in our prayers. Tell him to visualize the cancer being defeated by the treatment. It really can make a difference.
{{{{hugs}}}}

Awwwww.............. :( Hugs to you and him...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am so sorry to hear things are not going so well. God can still perform a miracle if it's in His will. I pray that things turn out well!

Oh, Jennifer! I just found this thread, I didn't see it before! I am so sorry you are going through all of this! My prayers are with your family at this difficult time. Please do your best to keep your spirits up! Blessings....

Jennifer...positive thinking and a lot of praying goes a long way! He has my prayers!!!

(((Hugs to you)))

PRAYERS FOR YOU and YOUR FAMILY TONIGHT AND EVERYNIGHT. GOD BLESS YOU ALL JENN..

Stay positive in knowing that it will all work it way out... Iam so sorry that you and your family have to through this... My thought are with you!

Jennifer,

I am so sorry for what he is going through. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

This is one of those things that just does not make any sense to me. I cannot even imagine the pain your family is going through. I know the most important gift my children have is their health. I think they are going to get an extra hug tonight!

Please take care,
Lisa

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. It is amazing how we were such a "normal, healthy family" then my mom developed complications after an easy knee surgery, and then literally, one day my nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It is human nature to take life for granted, but these sort of things are a huge eye opener for a lot of people and make us count our blessings and not get caught up in the tiny troubles of our fast-paced lives.Thanks again, we will hopefully know more today after another scan and such. The good thing is that he hopefully had a more comfortable night since he could be on some stronger medicines while admitted in the hospital. I know that he was VERY uncomfortable lately...

It just goes to show that we should never, ever take our family and loved ones for granted. It could change in the blink of an eye.

ALWAY SAY I LOVE YOU BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP (or leave).

Jennifer I just said a prayer for you and your family. Please let us know any updates there are a lot of people on here praying for you.

Sending you and your family lots of prayers.

Update, my nephew was released from the hospital on Friday after his radiation treatment, and I was able to spend a majority of the day with him and my family yesterday. It just breaks my heart to see what the treatments are doing to him, he is SO weak. He can't walk, sit, stand or eat by himself. He doesn't even look like himself due to the swelling in his face :( ....17 more treatments to go, then they will do another MRI to see if they can hopefully change/reduce the treatments. PT, OT and a home nursing service will begin soon, as well as a tutor to try and maintain his 9th grade status (although by the looks of yesterday, he will not be able to focus on school work when he can't even keep his eyes open...)This has had such drastic effects on their immediate family, my SIL is not working right now, my brother has been maintaining his own business, and my other nephews have had to take a back seat so that dylan can get the much needed attention from their mom & my brother. The youngest son (9) is having a really hard time with not being "mommy's baby" right now, and so I hope that he can begin to make things a little easier by understanding why Dylan needs so much time & help at this time.Thanks/sorry this got so long!

Jennifer... thanks so much for the update. We'll continue to pray... and don't apologize for it being long... I love to know what to pray specifically about and we'll be lifting all of you up in prayer.

<h2>1. What caused the brain tumor in your nephew?</h2><p>The exact cause of a brain tumor is often unknown, but some risk factors include genetic conditions, previous radiation exposure, and certain environmental factors.</p><h2>2. Will your nephew need chemotherapy or radiation after the tumor is removed?</h2><p>The treatment plan for a brain tumor depends on various factors, such as the type and location of the tumor, as well as the age and overall health of the patient. Your nephew's medical team will discuss the best course of treatment for him.</p><h2>3. How long will your nephew need to stay in the hospital after his surgery?</h2><p>The length of your nephew's hospital stay will depend on the extent of the tumor removal and his recovery process. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide a more accurate estimate.</p><h2>4. Is there anything we can do to support your nephew and your family during this difficult time?</h2><p>Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Your prayers and support mean a lot to us. If you would like to do something more, please consider making a donation to a brain tumor research organization in your nephew's name.</p><h2>5. What can we expect in terms of your nephew's long-term prognosis?</h2><p>The long-term prognosis for a brain tumor varies greatly depending on the type and location of the tumor, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide more information as his treatment progresses.</p>

1. What caused the brain tumor in your nephew?

The exact cause of a brain tumor is often unknown, but some risk factors include genetic conditions, previous radiation exposure, and certain environmental factors.

2. Will your nephew need chemotherapy or radiation after the tumor is removed?

The treatment plan for a brain tumor depends on various factors, such as the type and location of the tumor, as well as the age and overall health of the patient. Your nephew's medical team will discuss the best course of treatment for him.

3. How long will your nephew need to stay in the hospital after his surgery?

The length of your nephew's hospital stay will depend on the extent of the tumor removal and his recovery process. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide a more accurate estimate.

4. Is there anything we can do to support your nephew and your family during this difficult time?

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Your prayers and support mean a lot to us. If you would like to do something more, please consider making a donation to a brain tumor research organization in your nephew's name.

5. What can we expect in terms of your nephew's long-term prognosis?

The long-term prognosis for a brain tumor varies greatly depending on the type and location of the tumor, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide more information as his treatment progresses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wenn2772
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies