• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Spare A Prayer For My Nephew With A Brain Tumor?

In summary, Dylan's surgery was successful, and they found a tumor. They are waiting for the results of a biopsy to determine if it is cancer. His parents are waiting with hope and prayer.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
I feel like I've had one bad thing happen for my family after another! My 13 year old newphew had a bicycle accident a week or two ago, and was covered in road rash head to toe. He experienced a few pains here and there, and was checked for a hernia, and then they did an MRI to make sure that his neck/head was okay. Well, they found worse...a brain tumor:( They aren't even going to do a biopsy, they are going to remove as much as they can and then test that... I feel so bad for him! He is the middle child, and always "left out" ...but he has the heart of them all! He's the first one to run up and hug me....I just feel horrible. A few extra prayers would be wonderful. Thanks once again...:)

Jennifer,
what is his name I'll add him to our prayer list at church if thats ok.
I just said a prayer for him and asked for strength for his parents as well as healing for him.
Teresa

Just said a prayer for him and your whole family as well.
Do they think the accident was caused by the tumor? Was he having any other symptoms?

Thank you Katie and Teresa. His name is Dylan, and he has had a rough life. His dad died years ago, and then his father's twin brother died last year. My brother has stepped in to all 3 of the boy's lives at such a crucial time.At this point, I have a feeling that he had a problem due to the tumor that caused him to crash. They have him on seizure medication right now while they wait for surgery (probably wednesday) due to the proximity...

Oh Jennifer,

I am so sorry to read about your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers.

Lisa

Jennifer what a horrible string of things are happening to you right now! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

Jennifer, I will keep you and your family in my prayers

I will keep him in my prayers!

He'll be in my prayers.

OMG how horrible - you're all in my prayers!

Oh, Jennifer! I'm so sorry. Thank God he had the bike accident so they would find it. I'm praying they will get it all and that will be that.

Hi JK--so sorry to hear all of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers are with you and your nephew and family!

Thank you all - I just got home from the hospital (over an hour drive) and it is so sad walking around the Pediatrics ICU :( ....we don't have a surgery date yet, but they aren't feeling too optimistic that it isn't cancer. :( Thanks again.

Jennifer,
I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! I will send up prayer as well. Be sure to keep us updated on everything!

Blessings,
Paula

Update: One more CAT scan today, then they are letting my nephew go home for 2 days to see friends and try to get his mind off of things. Surgery is set for 7am on Friday. I am going to work tomorrow and take Friday off instead, so there will be a lot of family there waiting for him to get out on Friday. They plan that the surgery will take 6-8 hours, and can't say whether it is cancer or not until they get it biopsied. It is in the front left of the brain, and his right arm is already functioning improperly from the swelling. The surgery, even at its most successful will set him back quite a bit with speech and use of his right side motor functions. Continued prayers are appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for keeping us posted, Jennifer. Praying here ...

Oh Jennifer! My heart aches for you! I will pray for your peace and your nephew's health!
BTW .... how is your Mom?

Jennifer - I have you, your nephew and your family in my prayers.

Jennifer I will keep Dylan and your whole family in my prayers. God is in control and he will wrap his arms around Dylan!

Jennifer you and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers!!!

Jennifer,

Praying for your nephew and your whole family at this difficult time. May God watch over Dylan!

I am really sorry Jennifer. I hope that the little guy is getting better daily.

I'm sorry I missed this (was focused on the Paige threads). Will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

kris

Jennifer, I too just saw this post for the first time. Of course, I will pray for Dylan, you & your family.

Please let us know how his surgery went.

Jennifer- Please let us know when you have an update. I am still praying. I have been doing a lot of that lately!:(

How's he doing Jennifer?

Jennifer, This is the first I've seen about this. Dylan is in our prayers. Let us know how he is doing.

Prayers are with youJennifer,

Our prayers are with you. May God's love and peace surround you and your family in this difficult time.

Jennifer... I'm praying for you and your family! Kids can be amazing and I'm sure he'll come through this like a champ!

I know this is a weird way to think about it but if he had not had the accident it may not have been discovered until it was much farther along and had caused much more damage.

He and you are both in my prayers - You get a big hug (if you are a hugger) when we get to conference.

Oh Jennifer... he's totally in my prayers.

~hugs~

Jennifer,
Any news yet? Sending up more prayers....

Paula Lewis
Wave 2

Sorry I haven't had time to post an update yet! I was busy driving back and forth to the hospital everyday to see my little champ! (I guess 13 isn't that little!!) Anyway, so he had his 5+ hour surgery on Friday to remove the tumor, and it went really well! We are still waiting for the Pathology report, but the type of tumor that they think it is, it would be a very "minimal" cancer, if any. We are also waiting for yesterday's MRI results to see if they missed any of the tumor. We are waiting for both of these reports to come back to hear the next steps, radiation...another surgery...or just monitor with MRI's for any new growth in the future? As for right now, he has quite a bit of a slurred speech, and his right hand side is very weak. (droop in his eye, mouth when smiling, and a hard time using his right hand) ....He is very frustrated with all of this, so we are trying to keep him thinking positive to prevent a depression.On the medical side, depending on the pathology results, they may be moving him out of the PICU, or possibly even sending him home within the next few days! The swelling around his brain needs to continue to be absorbed, and then we will have a long bout of therapy to try and get his strength back in his right side and his speech. Oh, and he has had a few seizures before/after the surgery, so he is on medicine, and will continue for a couple of years at least.Thanks SO much for all of your prayers. We are so lucky that it isn't a full-blown 100% cancer.

Praise God!! I am still praying for him and your family.

You all are still in our thoughts. I hope he gets to go home soon.

oh wow! So far so good!

I'll be praying for your nephew. Sounds like he's such a trooper!

I have a friend of mine that lives in upstate NY with the last name Knapp. Wonder if you guys are family!

Thanks for the update! We are thinking of you!!!!

dns2202 said:
I have a friend of mine that lives in upstate NY with the last name Knapp. Wonder if you guys are family!

Most likely not, very few Knapp's left in my family!

Jennifer~

I am so glad that so far, the news has been promising. I pray that it continues on that path...and that his therapy goes well!

{{{{{{Hugs to him}}}}}}}}

Good news - hope he continues to get better and gain strength!

Cute haircut - BTW!

Thanks everyone! :)

Update.... they sent him home yesterday, and then last night the covering oncologist called all frantic saying that he didn't realize he was released, and he needed to talk to them ASAP and all of this stuff....so they all went back to hospital (over an hour away) today...and found out that there are malignant cells. We are waiting for the full pathology report to see which stage (3 or 4) cancer he has, but chemo and radiation are a definite. Poor guy!! Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, he will need the strength of an elephant to keep a positive outlook.... thanks again.

I am continuing to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry the update isn't good news, Jennifer. God can do a miracle, or perhaps work through the situation in another way. No matter what, remember that God is in control and He knows the "whole" picture!

Will keep him and the family in my prayers....

hugs & prayers said

Oh Jennifer. I'm so sorry...

So sorry to hear that. Still praying for the tough guy and your family.

More prayers... lifting you all up to God right now and praying for miracles.

<h2>1. What caused the brain tumor in your nephew?</h2><p>The exact cause of a brain tumor is often unknown, but some risk factors include genetic conditions, previous radiation exposure, and certain environmental factors.</p><h2>2. Will your nephew need chemotherapy or radiation after the tumor is removed?</h2><p>The treatment plan for a brain tumor depends on various factors, such as the type and location of the tumor, as well as the age and overall health of the patient. Your nephew's medical team will discuss the best course of treatment for him.</p><h2>3. How long will your nephew need to stay in the hospital after his surgery?</h2><p>The length of your nephew's hospital stay will depend on the extent of the tumor removal and his recovery process. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide a more accurate estimate.</p><h2>4. Is there anything we can do to support your nephew and your family during this difficult time?</h2><p>Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Your prayers and support mean a lot to us. If you would like to do something more, please consider making a donation to a brain tumor research organization in your nephew's name.</p><h2>5. What can we expect in terms of your nephew's long-term prognosis?</h2><p>The long-term prognosis for a brain tumor varies greatly depending on the type and location of the tumor, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide more information as his treatment progresses.</p>

1. What caused the brain tumor in your nephew?

The exact cause of a brain tumor is often unknown, but some risk factors include genetic conditions, previous radiation exposure, and certain environmental factors.

2. Will your nephew need chemotherapy or radiation after the tumor is removed?

The treatment plan for a brain tumor depends on various factors, such as the type and location of the tumor, as well as the age and overall health of the patient. Your nephew's medical team will discuss the best course of treatment for him.

3. How long will your nephew need to stay in the hospital after his surgery?

The length of your nephew's hospital stay will depend on the extent of the tumor removal and his recovery process. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide a more accurate estimate.

4. Is there anything we can do to support your nephew and your family during this difficult time?

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Your prayers and support mean a lot to us. If you would like to do something more, please consider making a donation to a brain tumor research organization in your nephew's name.

5. What can we expect in terms of your nephew's long-term prognosis?

The long-term prognosis for a brain tumor varies greatly depending on the type and location of the tumor, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment. Your nephew's medical team will be able to provide more information as his treatment progresses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wenn2772
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies