• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Issue - What Would You Do?

In summary, Annie's cousin is getting married this year and she offered to create a registry for them. She didn't hear back from them, but she saw them at Thanksgiving. She's considering giving them Pampered Chef as a shower and wedding gift, but is worried about whether or not she's being pushy.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, I'm a little upset, but not heartbroken, but I'm wondering what you would do in this situation.

My male cousin is getting married this year in July. We've been very close and he's almost more like a brother to me than a cousin. He is marrying a woman who's father is very well known in the Sports World and they are having 300 people at their wedding. So naturally I offered the PC Wedding Registry to them. I gently sent them an e-mail from my website using CC, to let them know it was available. I didn't hear anything, but saw them at Thanksgiving. As I was leaving they asked for more information. I didn't want to be pushy and I didn't bring any info with me (I know, my bad), so I told them I would mail it ASAP. Told them how great it was especially since they are having guests from all over the country, it's all online, easy to use and the products are great. I asked her if she was familiar with PC products and she said yes. So I said, "Oh, then you know how great they are!"

So I still haven't heard anything from them and was going to call, but I was talking to my Aunt when she told me that my cousin's fiancee told my cousin (who then told my aunt) that she already has enough kitchen stuff. :confused: I'm kind of upset that they went through my Aunt and didn't respond to me directly. I had also planned to give them any money I made from the registry as a wedding gift. Also, their wedding is in FL and we live in MA, so just attending will cost us over $1000 but I digress.....:eek:

Now, I wouldn't mind so much, but they are registered at Pottery Barn for like 10 items.

Okay that's my vent - here's my dilemma. Do I, or don't I give them Pampered Chef as shower AND wedding gifts? :D

What would you give?

I would give them something more personal
I would do a crystal vase, or frames etc. Something that they can use in their home & remember you , not a kitchen product!!
I rarely give PC as gifts in my opinion it makes me look cheap (I'm promoting my business and making $$).
Since you seem so close I'm sure you can think of something they'll both treasure.

Teresa Lynn said:
it makes me look cheap (I'm promoting my business and making $$).
Yeah, which I guess was what I was trying to avoid in the first place....:eek:I still wish they could have told me directly though.

Last edited:
Some people avoid anything that even hints at the negative out of fear of conflict. You and I both know that you would never have been pushy about PC, but maybe she's had a bad experience with other DS people in the past.

I also don't give PC products as a gift unless I know it will be appreciated. People get weird about those kinds of things.

Go to the wedding with the treasured gift, but be sure to carry your PC bag and have business cards on hand...in case! I'd let it go with the happy couple. PC is my first DS business, but I have had other businesses, and it's sad to say, but usually your family and closest friends seem to be the last ones, if ever, to use your products and services. I have heard that from others, too. Don't sweat it, Annie :)

DizziePixie said:
Go to the wedding with the treasured gift, but be sure to carry your PC bag and have business cards on hand...in case! I'd let it go with the happy couple. PC is my first DS business, but I have had other businesses, and it's sad to say, but usually your family and closest friends seem to be the last ones, if ever, to use your products and services. I have heard that from others, too. Don't sweat it, Annie :)

Thanks so much for the kind words, and I thought it was just me - I can't even get my only sister to host a show for me...

Anyhow, the wedding is at the Ritz Carlton at 5:00pm, does anyone know if there is a PC evening bag I can carry???? :D

Maybe I can make a ****tail dress out of one of the banners! lol!

1. What is "Personal Issue - What Would You Do?"

"Personal Issue - What Would You Do?" is a fun and interactive game from Pampered Chef that helps you practice decision making and problem solving skills in a safe and supportive environment.

2. How do I play "Personal Issue - What Would You Do?"

To play "Personal Issue - What Would You Do?", simply gather a group of friends or family members and take turns drawing cards with different scenarios. Each player must then come up with a solution to the scenario and explain their reasoning. The group can then discuss and provide feedback on the different solutions presented.

3. Can children play "Personal Issue - What Would You Do?"

Yes, this game is appropriate for children as well as adults. However, we recommend that children under the age of 10 play with adult supervision.

4. Is "Personal Issue - What Would You Do?" only for women?

No, this game is for everyone! The scenarios presented in the game are relatable to both men and women, and the game encourages diverse perspectives and ideas from all players.

5. How can this game benefit me?

"Personal Issue - What Would You Do?" can help improve decision making skills, problem solving abilities, and communication skills. It also allows for open and honest discussions about different opinions and solutions, promoting empathy and understanding among players.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • yummy4tummy