• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Black Velvet Truffle Bars from Cooking for Two or More Cookbook

In summary, the person is asking for advice on a dish they are making for a show, but it has been standing for longer than recommended and is still too soft and sticky. They are wondering if there are any suggestions to help it firm up before the show. The expert suggests adjusting the recipe or chilling it in the fridge before cooking. They also mention having a backup plan just in case.
finley1991
Has anyone made this from our Cooking for Two or More cookbook?

Of course I am doing them for a show tonight and I'm not quite sure about them. It says to let the mixture stand in the BB for at least 3 hours or overnight. They've been standing for about 5 hours now. I just scooped them onto the Rec. Platter for my show (and have at least half left). I have the toppings in the Prep Bowls. My question is... they look pretty sticky and are still pretty soft. I put them in the fridge until I am ready to take them to the show... I was hoping that would help them firm up a bit.

Any suggestions or am I screwed?

It is possible that the mixture has been standing for too long, which could be why it is still soft. You could try popping them in the oven for a few minutes to help them firm up, or you could try freezing them for a few minutes before serving. If all else fails, you could try serving them with a spoon so that they don't stick together!

I haven't personally made that recipe from the Cooking for Two or More cookbook, but I have made similar dishes before. In my experience, letting the mixture stand for at least 3 hours is crucial for the flavors to develop and for the mixture to firm up. However, if they are still too soft and sticky after 5 hours, it's possible that the proportions of ingredients may need to be adjusted. You could try adding a bit more of the binding ingredients (e.g. breadcrumbs, egg, etc.) to help them hold together better. Alternatively, chilling them in the fridge before cooking can also help them firm up. I don't think you're necessarily screwed, but it might be a good idea to have a backup plan just in case. Good luck with your show!

Related to Perfect Black Velvet Truffle Bars from Cooking for Two or More Cookbook

What are the ingredients in the Black Velvet Truffle Bar?

The Black Velvet Truffle Bar is made with a rich combination of dark chocolate, cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. It also contains a delicious truffle filling made with cream, chocolate, and a hint of almond flavor.

Is the Black Velvet Truffle Bar gluten-free?

Yes, the Black Velvet Truffle Bar is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies. However, please note that it is made in a facility that also processes gluten-containing ingredients.

How many servings are in one Black Velvet Truffle Bar?

One Black Velvet Truffle Bar is approximately 2.5 ounces and is typically considered one serving. However, this may vary depending on personal preference.

Can the Black Velvet Truffle Bar be stored at room temperature?

Yes, the Black Velvet Truffle Bar can be stored at room temperature, but we recommend storing it in a cool, dry place to maintain its freshness. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for a longer shelf life.

What occasions are best for serving the Black Velvet Truffle Bar?

The Black Velvet Truffle Bar is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a special treat for yourself or a delicious dessert for a party or gathering. It also makes a great gift for chocolate lovers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angiemann73
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
Replies