• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Three Books You've Read to Recommend

In summary, the books recommended in this conversation are "Life of Pi", "Brief History of Progress", "A Thousand Splendid Suns", "The Color of Magic", "Death by Black Hole", "River out of Eden", "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Innocent Man", "Playing for Pizza", "The Time Traveler's Wife", "Water for Elephants", "Archangel", "Dee Henderson", "Lori Wick", "Karen Kingsbury", "nerds like it hot", "for my daughters", "at first sight", "Debbia Macomber's series", "Sandra Brown's latest Play Dirty", "John Grisham's Playing for Pizza", "A Bug, A Bear
DebPC
Staff member
Favorite QuotesA terrible thing happens when you don't promote your business- NOTHING!

Your business is like a wheelbarrow- it doesn't go anywhere until you push it!

Formula for success-"Today not Tomorrow!"

Goals are dreams with deadlines.

Success comes from actions when multiplied over time, turn your potential into reality.

People will forget what you sold.
People will forget what you did.
But, they will never forget

A bend in the road is not the end of the road,
unless you fail to make the turn.

Work as hard for yourself as you would for someone else.
how you made them feel.

Learn to listen. Opportunity may be knocking on your door very softly.

For every person who climbs the ladder of success,
there are a dozen waiting for the elevator.

Two rules for achieving anything-
1. Get Started!
2. Keep Going!

Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have.But there is a difference between a "must" and "want."

"Motivation alone is not enough.If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot. "

"The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore."

"The difference between failure and success is doing a thing nearly right and doing a thing exactly right."

I learned this quote at a past ConferenceThis is good after a bunch of No's.

Some will, some won't.
It's ok, who's next.

my current favorite is
Treat your business like a business, because hobbies are expensive!

A favorite quote of mine is:

"Everything is available right outside of your comfort zone"

More...My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.
Oprah Winfrey

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
Jules Renard

You can’t afford the luxury of a negative thought.
Peter McWilliams

Consider the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his head out.

We learn from experience. A mother never wakes up her second baby just to see it smile.

"Either discipline yourself to use your time and energy to fulfill your dreams or you will be disciplined by others to use your time and energy to fulfill their dreams. The choice is YOURS!" ~John Crowe

Never short-change yourself and your dreams.

Happy Chef said:
This is good after a bunch of No's.

Some will, some won't.
It's ok, who's next.

One of my upline Directors taught this to us as SW4

Some will
Some won't
So what
Someone's waiting!

Meaning if you get a yes 1 in 10 times, don't worry about the no's, just know that your yes is right around the corner. This is one of the things that really stuck with me from her New Consultant Training.

It's never too late to become what you could have been.:)

legacypc46 said:
It's never too late to become what you could have been.:)

Ohhhh I love that one!

"The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity." Winston Churchill

"Thomas Edison tried 2000 times to invent the light bulb before he succeeded. When asked about that many failures before success he replied 'I did not fail, I merely learned 2000 ways to NOT make a light bulb" Nicolas Cage in the Movie National Treasure

That's right! It's all in the attitude.

I just got done reading these books and recommend them!

1. Life of Pi
2. Brief History of Progress
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns

1. The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett - it starts the Discworld series
2. Death by Black Hole - still working on this one
3. River out of Eden - still working on this one, too.

I don't get to read much. The last book I actually was able to complete was the last of the Left Behind Series. I would recommend all of those.

The last book I read and liked was Memoirs of a Geisha. Love all Grisham books too! Need to get his latest!

OOO! Grisham has a latest? What is it? I didn't like the non fiction one he most recently wrote. BORING! But I like most of the other ones. I used to read more often, but I couldn't tell you the names of any books I read unless they are non fiction. I like Dr. Oz's book "You on a Diet". It's not like it sounds. It's basically a health book.

I can't remember what it was called but it's not totally new (I just haven't read one of his books since the painted house or the street lawyer maybe). But I think there is a more recent one?

JAE said:
OOO! Grisham has a latest? What is it? I didn't like the non fiction one he most recently wrote. BORING! But I like most of the other ones. I used to read more often, but I couldn't tell you the names of any books I read unless they are non fiction. I like Dr. Oz's book "You on a Diet". It's not like it sounds. It's basically a health book.

Ok, I looked at his site and his latest books are:
Playing for Pizza I think 2007
Innocent Man 2006 (first nonfiction book I think it said). I want this one!:rolleyes:

Innocent Man was soooo boring and hard to follow. I did read the entire thing, but it would have been better as a newspaper article IMO.

I don't have favorite books...but I have favorite authors :)

1. Dee Henderson
2. Lori Wick
3. Karen Kingsbury

I devour books so I read books, love them, then move on to the next. Ooo...that makes me sound so sleazy :eek:

(When I discovered Dee Henderson I read 6 of her books in 7 days!)

* The Time Traveler's Wife
* Water for Elephants
* Archangel - Sharon Shinn (first in a sci-fi/fantasy series)

jenniferp417 said:
* Water for Elephants

The book club I joined...but yet to go too...bad on me...read the Time Traveler's wife. I need to catch up....lucky for me I read very fast. :D

I read fast too. :DYou'll love that book. It's amazing. I just checked out the audio book from the library - I want to read it again and I thought listening this time might be fun.

nerds like it hot by vicki lewis thompson
for my daughters by barbara delinsky
at first sight by Nicholas sparks

I have jsut completed Debbia Macomber's series about a knitting club and she has another series about different addresses in a town. They are all great!

I am working on Sandra Brown's latest Play Dirty

And John Grisham's Playing for Pizza.

They are both involving football players - must be the time of year, ha!

The book before the last 3 I read was her newest "address" book. (I do suggest reading them in order)
I get her emails and write on ym calendar when her books and Janet Evanovich's are released.

I LOVE to read but hate buying books. You know, once you buy it, then you keep it to read a few more times and then all of a sudden you can't see your nightstand!:)

I need to check out the library in my new town....

1. A Bug, A Bear and a Boy Fly a Kyle
2. Picking Apples and Pumpkins (Clifford)
3. Birds in a Tree

(DD is learning to read and has to read every day....)

Last three books read:1. Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. Highly recommend.
2. Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs. This series just keeps getting better as I go.
3. Talyn by Holly Lisle. Her best work thus far. She's created a wonderful world.

I can't pick three so I will put it this way...I recommend any of the Nicholas Sparks books...he is great.

Innocent Man
A Thousand White Women
Night

I have to say that Twinkie, Deconstructed by Steve Ettlinger I LOVED. It is not fiction, and it is not action packed. But I couldnt put it down. VERY GOOD book for the person who wants to know.

Anything by Nicholas Sparks, I love him

Attachments

• Open Dates.doc
    59 KB · Views: 184
  • Open Dates.doc
    59 KB · Views: 192
  • Open Dates.doc
    59 KB · Views: 196
jenniferp417 said:
* Water for Elephants

I loved The Time Traveler's Wife!
Any of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series
Anything by Marne Davis Kellogg
The Notebook and The Wedding--both by Nicholas Sparks
I also enjoyed Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier

The last book I read was Angels and Demons. It was right before we went to Italy in late spring. Loved it and really enjoyed seeing many of the places featured in the book while we were there.

Has anyone read Grishom's newest Playing For Pizza?

The Power of Focus - Les Hewitt
Harry Potter series but the last one was REALLY good
Anything by Nora Roberts

The last 3 books I've read and would recommend?

Hrrrmm....

1. Black Dawn, Bright Day by Sun Bear
2. The Lazy Man's Book of Enlightenment by Thaddeus Golas
3. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman

I don't have much time to read other than Doctor Seuss but I do love anything by Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber and Danielle Steel.

any new suggestions ladies??? I like all different kinds of books romance,memoirs ,funny, murder mystery whatever....ususally not horror

I just finished

Friday Night Knitting Club- excellent
and 2 older ones-
The Wedding
and Sam's letters to Jennifer

I just started Eat-Pray-Love today

How was Water for Elephants ? or White Castle ? )i think thats the name

I loved Water for Elephants! The ending was a bit too neat but I loved it.

thanks...i work in store that sells books and I must sell at leaast 3 or 4 copies of this a day, but of course they haven't read it yet so they can't ggive me an opinon yet :)

The Pillars of Earth is another on on my list to read I see you gave it 5 stars..good read?

I could not put it down. I've got its "sequel" on my hold list at the library. I haven't read any of his contemporary fiction, but his historical fiction is out of this world.The sequel is set during the time of the Black Death and centers around the same town and cathedral.I cannot recommend this enough.It's a HUGE book, so be warned you're going to be living in medieval times for a WHILE unless you're a speed-reader. ;)

I have some

1. Twilight-Stephenie Meyer
2. Leonardo's Shadow-Christopher Grey
3. Black Duck-?

okay so far EAT,PRAY,LOVE blows.;)

thanks for the other suggestions.

it used to be i would read a book to the end no matter what, now i just can't do that so i'll read a few more chapters and see if i can finish

1. What is the importance of promoting your business?

The success of your business depends on how well you promote it. Without promotion, your business will not be able to reach potential customers and grow. It is essential to constantly promote your business to increase visibility and attract new customers.

2. How can I promote my business effectively?

There are many ways to effectively promote your business, such as through social media, networking events, word of mouth, advertising, and partnerships with other businesses. It is important to have a solid marketing plan and consistently execute it to reach your target audience.

3. How can I turn my potential into reality?

The key to turning your potential into reality is by taking action and being persistent. Set clear goals and work towards them every day. Stay motivated and focused, and don't be afraid to take risks and step out of your comfort zone.

4. What are some important qualities for success?

Some important qualities for success include hard work, determination, discipline, adaptability, and the ability to learn from failures. It is also important to have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.

5. How can I achieve my goals?

To achieve your goals, it is important to have a clear plan and set deadlines. Break down your goals into smaller, manageable tasks and consistently work towards them. Don't be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance from others who have achieved similar goals. Remember to stay focused and dedicated, and never give up on your dreams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies