• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Poker: A Fun and Interactive Game for Your Next Pampered Chef Show

In summary, Jeanine has come up with a fun game called Pampered Poker that gets people talking and interacting with each other. Whoever has the most points at the end of the show wins a door prize.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
If you've been on the MSN website you may have seen this idea. Sounds like a great way to make our shows more fun by increasing audience participation. . .might get some recruits too! I have not tried it but I may have to dig out my poker chips.

I've started doing this game at my shows, and it's great because it gets people talking to each other -- often I've found that guests may not all know each other, so it is a chance for them to start talking. It works every time.

I pass around a Simple Additions bowl filled with white, red, and blue poker chips. I tell the guests:

"Okay, we're going to play a little game called Pampered Poker. Now, we don't play it with cards because I don't like to lose, but this is a game anyone can win."

I then ask my host -- or a guest there who's attended one of my shows before -- to be in charge of poker chips. I explain the game as follows:

"The white chips are easy to earn. If you ask me a question about any product in the catalog, or anything you see me demonstrate, then you get a white chip which is worth 1 point.

Red chips are worth 2 points, and you can earn those by answering someone's question. For example, if Maggie says, "So, Patti, what's so great about the Food Chopper anyway?", she gets a white 1-point chip. Then when Susan says, "Well, Maggie, it's dishwasher safe, it's got a five year warranty, and it's lots of fun to pound the heck out of an onion!", then Susan gets a 2-point chip for answering Maggie's question.

The blue chips are very special, and they're worth 5 points, so I'm going to make you work a little harder for them. These are for people who ask me questions about the business aspect of being a Pampered Chef consultant. I know at least one of you is sitting there right now wondering "How much does she really make doing this?" or "Did she have to pay for all that stuff on the table?" Well, chances are if you're wondering it, someone else is too. So if you ask me questions relating to the awesome business opportunity that's available with the Pampered Chef, I'll give you a blue 5-point chip."

Then I tell them that whoever has the most points at the end of the show gets a door prize -- it's usually a small gift bag with just a few items in it, but it makes people happy because they don't have to do much to win it. I still do a door prize with my door prize slips. It's amazing how many people will start talking if they think there's a reward in it -- I had a guest at one show who earned 42 points! And yes, she might become a consultant one of these days :)

What a creative idea Jeanine! This is GREAT! I imagine this sort of thing would also help to keep your audience's attention on you. Wonderful! I love this board!

What a great idea! I have to go find my poker chips for Mondays show! Thank you so much for sharing.

Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks Jeanine,

I'll have to give it a try...

Thanks! What a great idea--much more visual than tickets! I'm going to have to run out & buy some poker chips!

Another thought, this would be a good alternative to the recruiting game (tool game, ticket game). I always want to set the timer for recruiting questions, but I always end up not able to do it. This way the questions could still get asked.

PERFECT! I had been doing the recruiting basket where people got to choose something for asking a question--and it ran out my prizes quick or no one would want to ask anything! How embarrassing! This hits all three aspects! SUPER idea!

I tried the booking game where you read the poem and give the points... the highest and lowest points wins... well, NO ONE wanted to host a show, and THREE people ended up with ZERO points, so I had to give out FOUR prizes - one for the highest and THREE for the lowest... that game was a bust.

I will try this with my show on Thursday! THANKS!
Jaye

This sounds like a really good idea, I will definately have to try this sometime soon.

Pampered Poker is a great idea. I am going to try this at my shows. I think people will really like this game, I know I love the way it sounds.

Great Idea! I need more crates to carry all my "good ideas" to my shows, LOL!

Thanks for sharing:) Sounds like fun; might have to go find some chips now!

Wonderful idea!! worth doing. I usually give out a few door prize slips and play a game like Queen of the Shoppers. This is a great way to get people to do the selling for you.
Thanks!

Wonderful idea... I am going ot have to go and buy some poker chips to so I can play this game at my shows....

what a great idea, I was looking for something for my show on saturday, it's being held in a cafe, and I highly doubt that anyone will know anybody else, this is just what I needed. thank you :)

I think this is an awesome idea. I had the idea the other day to offer Poker & Pannini Party but didn't know how to work the poker part into it! Now I do! Thanks for sharing!

OMG this went over HUGE at my show last night. I has 2 guest that were asking red flag questions. For the survey slip I had 3 people put a 5 out of 10 for being interested in the biz. We talked last night but I'm calling them today to follow up.

Thank you so much for posting this!! The recruiting part is not my strong part and this is helping a lot.

That is so cool!! I am going to try it tonight! Wish me luck!!:)

My first year I could not even think about recruiting now I am on my second year and have 2 recruits... YEAH!!

I love it Iam going to try it at my next show! thanks!

1. What is "Pampered Poker" and how is it played?

"Pampered Poker" is a fun and interactive game designed for Pampered Chef shows. It is played similarly to traditional poker, but instead of using cards, players use Pampered Chef products to create winning hands based on different categories such as "most versatile" or "best for entertaining."

2. Can anyone participate in "Pampered Poker"?

Yes, anyone can participate in "Pampered Poker" at a Pampered Chef show. It is a great way to get everyone involved and have some fun while learning about the different products.

3. Is "Pampered Poker" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Pampered Poker" is suitable for all ages. It is a family-friendly game that can be enjoyed by both adults and children.

4. How long does a game of "Pampered Poker" typically last?

The length of a game of "Pampered Poker" can vary depending on the number of players and how quickly they make their product selections. On average, a game can last anywhere from 20-30 minutes.

5. Are there any prizes for winning "Pampered Poker"?

While there are no official prizes for winning "Pampered Poker," the fun and excitement of the game itself is often enough for players. However, the host of the Pampered Chef show may choose to offer a special discount or giveaway for the winner as an extra incentive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Goldenbaby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Admin Greg