• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with this Fun Game - Pampered Chef Show Success Tips!

In summary, the game consisted of players writing down items they wanted or needed on a list, and taking away points for not having them in the room. Prizes were given out to players based on how many items were on their wish list when the game was played.
photochef
Hey everyone,

Just got home from a show and I'm pretty pumped. So far the show is at $500 and I got 6 bookings at the show (there was only 7 people there). The host had 3 bookings before I walked in the door.

I don't normally play games at my shows but this was a host who had, had several shows with me already as well as, the same guests and some of those guests had hosted a party with me. So I wanted to change things up a bit.

I did one thing different, I played a game with the wish list.

It's posted on here somewhere, but what I did before the show started and people are looking at their catalogs I told them to rip the back page off their receipts and fill out their wish list. And they can continue to fill it out as the show progresses and they see something they want because we would be playing a game with it at the end. Then after I was done with the demonstration I said "ok, now it's time to play a game with your wish list." and everyone said "wait, I'm not done yet" so I gave them a couple of minutes and said "ok, it's time to start the game."

And here's how it goes
Give yourself 1 point for every item on your list
Subtract 2 points if you don't have the trifle or carafe (or whatever the host special is for the next month (or whatever month you're looking to fill))
Multiply your total by 2 if you have something on your list that I brought today.
add 2 points for every item on your list that's in the super starter kit.
subtract 2 points for every item on your list that starts with the same letter as your first name
Add 5 points if it's your birth month
Add 5 points if you would like to book a party in the next 6 months

I think it got people thinking about how much Pampered Chef they really wanted. I'm going to do it at my shows in the future; however, I'm going to change up what you get points for so my repeat guests can't just select items to win.

Booking Queen....You get the Tiara....woo hoo...way to GO....

I like that game....I will DEFINATLEY use this at my next show....I'm just starting back up and I can't wait to try it.....

You should be sooooo pumped......:D

Think of the possibilities.....WOW.....:eek:

CONGRATS.....

What GREAT idea! I can't wait to try it at my next show - I desperately need bookings!!!

and PS - CONGRATS on getting so many bookings - WAY TO GO!

Great job! I like that game a lot! I'm not usually a game person, but I think this one sounds really easy & it will get the guests making wish lists!

WOW! What great results! You obviously sold them on the game with a lot of excitement.

Thanks for the idea. I will seriously consider trying it!

Lisa

so what did you give to the winner. I like the idea of this game, I am just trying to come up with something to give to the winner.

Great game... So what did the winner win...

Hopefully their prize was a calculator so they could do all the math on this game!! (kidding) Actually, you are going to need a new calculator to add up all the commisshh you are going to get from all these bookings!!! This is incredible! So glad for you and thanks for the tip! I may use this at my next show. What did they win and did you just have a list of the questions near you or were you so smart you memorized these and didn't reference any notes??

Thanks for the game! I'm going to try it at next weeks show!!!

CONGRATS on 9 bookings! Thats AWESOME!!:D

Great job!! The game you played sounds awesome, I may try it and see how it works for me. Keep up the good work.

Very cool! I will have to give that a try!

I'm going to try this game! Congrats on sooo many bookings. Im also curious to what you gave away.

What a great idea!! Tell me, how did you work the prizes and what did you give out! Thanks a bunch!
Skye

WOW I have a little game called the Tally Game but it is very differnt... I will have to post it on here.... but I like the wish list that is cute!!

What a great idea and awesome bookings!!!!!!!!

I will have to try it at my next show, need May and beyond bookings!

That is great. I love that!!! The wish list game..perfect.

Thank you for all the encouragement guys.

To answer some of your questions...
1. I gave out twixit clips, SB, and citrus peelers. (I actually did the first 4 winners this time) I ussually to Have it/Love it Want it/Gotta Have it with tickets but like I said since it was a repeat host I wanted to mix things up a bit. I'll probably just give out one prize next time.

2. I had a list of the points, i didn't memorize it. Since my second kid I can't remember anything anymore :eek:

one more note...I'm going to change up what you get points for, for every show or every other show or so, so my guests don't memorize what they get points for just mark those things on their wish list. I tell them this at the show too. Yesterday I had several guest say "Aw, Man" but oh well. I want them to be real lists!

Have a good night all.
Monica

I love it!!! great idea I am definitally going to try this!!!

heather

photochef said:
I'm going to change up what you get points for, for every show or every other show or so, so my guests don't memorize what they get points for just mark those things on their wish list. I tell them this at the show too. Yesterday I had several guest say "Aw, Man" but oh well. I want them to be real lists!

Have a good night all.
Monica

Good thought!:D

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have a party tonight and can't wait to try it out. I hope I have success just like you.

I'm going to do this at my show tomorrow but I'm going to combine it with current points games. That way throughout my show if there's some space, I can just throw out a "Give yourself 10 points if you..."I might even use trivia to give points..."First person to tell me how to clean Stoneware gets 10 points" ... or something

Ok - I will throw my twist in here. At the start of each season I have my guests highlight everything they want with a YELLOW highlighter.

Then (for the more seasoned ones) I have them highlight everything they already own in ORANGE, GREEN, Red, etc.

Of course as they purchase items throughout the season, they can go over the YELLOW highlighter with their second color....

I award points for most owned items, most purchased this season, most in one column, most stones, etc. The possibilities are endless. I have a few hosts and guests that transfer all the info to the new WISH LIST each season.... I even offer a Exec. Stirfry/Family Skillet for a "BLACKOUT" (one side full) ... you do the math!!:cool:

I do this every season to encourage a few things:

1) Guests have an inventory of what they do have...

2) they see in an instant what they NEED. I point out upcoming host specials and see if it is a NEED for them... (IT WORKS).

3) how they can cover more area by hosting vs. buying product...

Give it a try...

Here's a question about Wishlists...I know in PP you can enter a wishlist item by using a quantity of '0' but can you print them off for your guests?? Can you run a search by wishlists?

That's an awesome idea Gina! You are so creative!

That is a really cool game! I'll have to try that at my next show... it seems that no one uses their wish list even when I mention it!

so PhotoChef the person with the highest points wins? Sorry Im a little confused! It's been a long day!!!

:D
Cindycooks said:
so PhotoChef the person with the highest points wins? Sorry Im a little confused! It's been a long day!!!

Yep, i did the person with the highest points wins.

This also gets them to add more things to their wish list, which in turns gets them thinking about hosting their own party.

I do like the idea of throwing out the points "someone tell me how to clean a stone" throughout the show. i don't like dead time but sometimes I can't cook and talk at the same time.

1. How did you come up with the idea for the game?

The idea for the game came from wanting to change things up for a host who had already hosted multiple shows and had the same guests attend. I wanted to make the show more engaging and fun for everyone.

2. Did the game actually help increase bookings and sales?

Yes, the game was successful in boosting bookings and sales. The host had three bookings before the show even started, and during the show, six more bookings were made. The total sales for the show were $500.

3. How did you get the guests to participate in the game?

Before the show started, I had the guests fill out their wish lists on the back of their receipts. This got them engaged and excited about the game. I also gave them a few minutes to finish filling out their lists before starting the game.

4. Will you continue to use this game at future shows?

Yes, the game was successful in getting guests to think about how much they wanted Pampered Chef products. I plan on using it at future shows, but I may change up the points system to keep it fresh and engaging for repeat guests.

5. Can you share the details of the game and how it works?

Sure! The game involves assigning points to different items on the guests' wish lists. Guests earn points for having items on their list, subtract points for not having certain items (such as the host special for the next month), and can earn bonus points for items they brought that day or if it's their birth month. The guest with the most points at the end wins a prize or discount on their purchase. It's a fun and interactive way to get guests thinking about what they want and potentially booking a party in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sing4Him1977
  • cewcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
LBurke
Replies