• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Pets Fundraiser: Homemade Dog Biscuit Cooking Show and Raffle!

In summary, the conversation revolves around organizing a fundraiser for an animal shelter. The suggestion is to hold a cooking show where the host will donate their entire commission to the shelter, along with additional proceeds from a raffle and sales of homemade dog biscuits. The flyer for the fundraiser is praised and there is a discussion on how to communicate the percentage of sales being donated to the shelter. Tips and ideas are also shared on how to make the fundraiser more profitable.
rompydompy
So here's my idea for a fundraiser. The way I see it, if they're only going to make 15% on a 1000 dollar show, and my own commissions are cut, Id rather do it this way. Host a regular cooking show, I would donate the ingredients, and make homemade dog biscuits! They could sell the treats, and then whatever free product they earn could be the subject of a raffle! I don't know about you, but I think they could make a lot more money on a raffle for a basket with over 200 dollars worth of PC in it then just 150 bucks. Ill attach the flyer I emailed out, Ill be following up with phone calls in the next week. What do you think?

Attachments

• shelter fundraiser.pdf
    128.8 KB · Views: 713
Your flyer is wonderful!

What you are suggesting is exactly what I did for a fundraiser for a cat shelter that I volunteer at.

I actually donated my entire commission from the show. I did it as a cooking show - not a "FR" - but everyone knew that atleast a certain % was being donated to the cat shelter. This helped drive sales, I think. As I totaled up each order I calculated the amount that was being donated and told them the amount.

To get bookings, I told everyone that if they booked a show, I would donate 10% of sales (half my commision) from those booked shows. And they could still hold their show as a cooking show and reap all the benefits.

Also, I had a bunch of stuff that I have accumulated over the past few years (outlet stuff, SB, door prizes, etc) and I donated those items and made a small gift basket for a drawing. $1/chance or $5 for 6 chances. I think we raised over $100 just from the small raffle alone. All proceeds went to the cat shelter.

I also did it as a cooking show so we could get the free product. The host got a bunch of free products and we were still able to make up a gift basket from a portion of the free product and raffled it off at a yard sale the gal was holding a month later. That raised a bunch of money, too.

It was MUCH more profitable than just doing it as a straight fundraiser. But, then again, it was over an $800 show.

It still would have been more profitable even if I had only donated part of my commission rather than the whole amount. Perhaps you could donate the difference between the reduced commission of a FR and the full commission you will get as a cooking show?

Good luck in raising money for the animals!!

beautiful flyer. Do you have a recipe for the dog biscuits???

Here are some fun pet recipes, including dog biscuits.

Attachments

• misc.cat treats.doc
    28 KB · Views: 360
  • misc.dog biscuits.doc
    26 KB · Views: 359
  • misc.melange bread for birds.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 300
Kam, I need some help with this... doing a Cooking show / Catalog show for our local shelter. I want to tell the guest what % will be going to the fundraiser. how do I do this?

Marylabella said:
Kam, I need some help with this... doing a Cooking show / Catalog show for our local shelter. I want to tell the guest what % will be going to the fundraiser. how do I do this?

It depends on how you are doing this.

If you are doing this as a Cooking/Catty show, there is no donation from PC to the shelter. All the benefits are the same as if it was a cooking/catty show. Are you donating part of your commission?

When I did it, I donated my entire commission, which I knew to be atleast 22% - based on my career sales. I did not know if I was going to reach a higher commission rate based on sales, so I just kept it at 22%.

Once the cooking show was over and submitted, I could look up my commission and I wrote a check to the shelter. Plus, the shelter earned all the free product $ and host benefits. So we picked things to make up a gift basket. I think we even used the host special for the basket. Then, we raffled it off. ($1 / ticket, $5 / 6 tickets - something like that).

I did not make anything from this cooking show. But, that was my decision.

When I added up each persons order, all I did was multiply the PRODUCT total only by 22% and told the guest that X dollars was being donated to the shelter.

Not sure if that answered your question.

Good Luck!

rompydompy said:
So here's my idea for a fundraiser. The way I see it, if they're only going to make 15% on a 1000 dollar show, and my own commissions are cut, Id rather do it this way. Host a regular cooking show, I would donate the ingredients, and make homemade dog biscuits! They could sell the treats, and then whatever free product they earn could be the subject of a raffle! I don't know about you, but I think they could make a lot more money on a raffle for a basket with over 200 dollars worth of PC in it then just 150 bucks. Ill attach the flyer I emailed out, Ill be following up with phone calls in the next week. What do you think?

This is an awsome idea, I would love to use it. Do you have the flyer in a word document so that I can change the email and other contact information?

Love the flyer!

I do fundraisers for the 2 rescue organizations I'm involved in. Both times I have donated my commission (20%) and they earn the free products to raffle off or use in silent auctions. It's been a win/win thing and I'm actually getting ready to do another one this month for one of them.

I love this idea for a fundraiser. I make my own dog treats so this will definitely help the rescue group!!

What is the Pampered Pets Fundraiser?

The Pampered Pets Fundraiser is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to purchase high-quality pet products while also supporting their local animal shelters and rescue organizations.

How does the fundraiser work?

Organizations that participate in the fundraiser will receive a unique code that customers can use when making a purchase on the Pampered Chef website. A portion of the sales made using this code will be donated to the organization.

What products are available through the fundraiser?

The Pampered Pets Fundraiser offers a variety of pet products including toys, treats, grooming tools, and accessories. These products are specially selected to meet the needs and preferences of pet owners and their furry companions.

Can anyone participate in the fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can participate in the Pampered Pets Fundraiser! Customers can support their local animal shelters and rescue organizations by purchasing products through the fundraiser, even if they do not have a pet of their own.

How can my organization sign up for the fundraiser?

If you are interested in participating in the Pampered Pets Fundraiser, please contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more and sign up. We would love to help you raise funds for your organization while also providing high-quality products for pets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pattidailey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam