• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef and Facebook Conference Announcement

In summary, the Pampered Chef is going Facebook. There will be an online training course on the use of FB in regards to PC starting on July 19th. No more getting ion trouble!
nene960
Ok ladies, due to an emergency I had to leave conference but one of the consultants in our group just sent me a message and said the Pampered Chef is going Facebook!! She said that we can post stuff and say that we are consultants. She hasn't messaged me back about posting our websites tho. There will be an online training course on the use of FB in regards to PC. You can start using FB for PC stuff July 19th. No more getting ion trouble!

OMG, OMG, OMG. I am going to PASS out!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like them. Officially.Had to welcome them to the 21st century.So this means we don't have to lie anymore?

Sweet, just changed my profile. Come on sales!

I wonder what the rules will be now? Can we list host specials and guest specials? List our personal websites? Hmmm??

It starts on the 19th. Wonder if I'll get in trouble for innocuous status updates last month (readable only by friends.)

Canada's Conference is not until August, but I have been enjoying Rae's countdown and the thread about the new products. When I clicked on the link to go to TPC's facebook page, on the left hand side of the page where the legal blurb is, it is noted "a complete copy of our Consultant Facebook policy can be found on Consultant's Corner". Of course, I can't see US's CC and nothing would be on my CC until after our Conference the first weekend in August. It will be interesting to see if new products for Canada is the same as the US's and if the policy & announcements are the same:)

Cheers,
Debbie

debbie mc said:
Canada's Conference is not until August, but I have been enjoying Rae's countdown and the thread about the new products. When I clicked on the link to go to TPC's facebook page, on the left hand side of the page where the legal blurb is, it is noted "a complete copy of our Consultant Facebook policy can be found on Consultant's Corner". Of course, I can't see US's CC and nothing would be on my CC until after our Conference the first weekend in August. It will be interesting to see if new products for Canada is the same as the US's and if the policy & announcements are the same:)

Cheers,
Debbie

I was just about to say that. I'm guessing the policy will be up by the 19th.

thats awesome!

Wahooooooo!!!!!

Just went in to my profile to change my work info. When I entered The Pampered Chef, their chef hat icon came up automatically!! How exciting....

Canada's Conference is not until August, but I have been enjoying Rae's countdown and the thread about the new products. When I clicked on the link to go to TPC's facebook page, on the left hand side of the page where the legal blurb is, it is noted "a complete copy of our Consultant Facebook policy can be found on Consultant's Corner". Of course, I can't see US's CC and nothing would be on my CC until after our Conference the first weekend in August. It will be interesting to see if new products for Canada is the same as the US's and if the policy & announcements are the same.......
I was wondering the same thing... I was able to join PC facebook so it should be interesting to see if my friends comment on it.

Very cool! Can't wait to get home this afternoon and update my profile!

i updated mine and it didn't have a pc hat, did I not do something right

OMWord .. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it. I have been posting just enough to be legal for a while now. I would put hints up about people hosting a show, but not telling them what I sell. If they want to know I would send them a private message. Thank goodness I don't have to sneak around anymore. lol

Excellent news! Make sure to use the correct links, though!
Please note: If you link directly to the Shop
online pages of your personal web site, the link will
expire after 2 hours and any orders placed using that link
will be directed to the lead system through the corporate
website. You should instead link to one of the main pages
of your personal web site since these links are static and
will not expire.
I might get a PWS again.

I am so happy! I love facebook and pc! I am so excited!

Wahoo! Great news!

Very, Very Exciting!!!! YAY!!!! I love pampered Chef! and Facebook!:D

There will be trainings in the online training center about social networking!

There will be trainings in the online training center about social networking!
Ha ha! As if we all don't know how to do that already! Will be fun to take it just to laugh!

The training will be on the policies as in what we can and can't do.

Not that some couldn't benefit with some ettiquette brush-ups.

Oh, MY! A friend posted this today:
YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!! ... Go to the top right of your screen, click Account - Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Please repost to let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone #'s by changing their ...privacy settings. (Privacy Settings - Phone - Customize - Only Me

scottcooks said:
YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!! ... Go to the top right of your screen, click Account - Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Please repost to let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone #'s by changing their ...privacy settings. (Privacy Settings - Phone - Customize - Only Me

I got that several weeks ago. If your phone number is listed on your profile, it is visible to anyone who is your friend. I have never posted mine there and don't plan on it now. There is people I am friends with through the Weight Watchers fan page that I definitely don't want to have my phone number!

scottcooks said:
YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!! ...

Thanks Scott! I have shared this and a lot of my friends were concerned. But a surprising number have not put their numbers on their contact info in the first place.

I haven't decided to remove mine...it's a cell number, and I am very good at not answering it...I do have it as friends only...

thanks again
Marghi

pcchefjane said:
I got that several weeks ago. If your phone number is listed on your profile, it is visible to anyone who is your friend. I have never posted mine there and don't plan on it now. There is people I am friends with through the Weight Watchers fan page that I definitely don't want to have my phone number!

Facebook's own security page addressed this recently. Your phone number privacy settings haven't changed at all. You can set who sees the information, just like anything else on your profile.

I highly recommend becoming a fan of the FB security page to get official information about all these "viruses" and such that are going around, as a lot of them are hoaxes or misunderstandings: Facebook Security | Facebook

Just set up my page!! How exciting! I just transfered contacts from PP3 opened a new account and there it is! Question, what sort of information will you be posting? Aside from the specials?

NooraK said:
Facebook's own security page addressed this recently. Your phone number privacy settings haven't changed at all. You can set who sees the information, just like anything else on your profile.

I highly recommend becoming a fan of the FB security page to get official information about all these "viruses" and such that are going around, as a lot of them are hoaxes or misunderstandings: Facebook Security | Facebook

I agree Noora. You have the choice as to input your phone number or not, and then you also have the option as to who you want to see your phone number. Those numbers that you see in that list are those that have selected to let their friends view their phone number.

make sure that your customers don't order anything through the Facebook PChef page "Shop" it will go to the lead system.

You all probably already know this but it bears being said again.

Noora, you are right, but I think people forget over time what their settings are. I think little reminders are good. I had forgotten I had put my phone number on at all, and after some thought, left it up. It's friends only, and I'm fine with that.Thanks for the link to the FB security page. Great idea to become a fan!
Marghi

I found the info but I think the link on CC has not been updated.
"Click on Promoting & Building Your Business > View
Advertising and Publicity Policies. Then follow the downloading
and file-saving instructions that accompany the logos."
It still says "Promoting your Business" and there is no "View Advertising and Publicity Policies" I do not see a link to get the logos. Am I doing something wrong or is it not there yet?

John - you can find the logos under the "Licensed Merchandise Vendors" link, the same place where you would access Merrill.

They're also in with the policies.

The policies would not let me pull them down but the Vendor link, had no idea they were even there, did - Thanks ladies!

ok = so how do we get the logo onto our website? they show it in the guide, but where do we download it from?

Related to Pampered Chef and Facebook Conference Announcement

1. What is the announcement about Pampered Chef and Facebook?

The announcement is that Pampered Chef will now be using Facebook as a platform for consultants to promote and share their products, and there will be an online training course available for using Facebook in relation to Pampered Chef.

2. Can we post on Facebook that we are Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, according to the announcement, consultants can now post on Facebook that they are a part of the Pampered Chef team.

3. Will we be able to post our personal websites on Facebook as well?

The announcement did not mention anything about posting personal websites on Facebook. It is best to wait for further information or clarification from Pampered Chef.

4. When can we start using Facebook for Pampered Chef purposes?

The announcement stated that starting July 19th, consultants can begin using Facebook for Pampered Chef-related posts and promotions.

5. Will we still get in trouble for using Facebook for Pampered Chef before the official launch date?

According to the announcement, there will be no more getting in trouble for using Facebook for Pampered Chef before the official launch date of July 19th.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • Intrepid_Chef