• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Shouldn't I Ship My P3 Order to My Home Address as a Cooking Show Host?

In summary, Sherri is nervous for her first cooking show, but is excited for the experience. She had trouble putting in an order on PP3 last night, and is looking for suggestions. She is the host's daughter and lives at the same address, so she is concerned about having the product shipped to her home. She is confused about a policy guide her director told her not to have the product shipped to her house. The guide indicates that she should have it shipped to her mom's house. Noora suggests she make her daughter the host and have it shipped to her address.
sherri lynn
Hi. My name is Sherri and I am NEW. I am having my first cooking show tonight and am nervous, but it will be a fun time, I'm sure. Anyway, when I tried putting in an order on P3 last night (it was an outside order, they won't be able to make it to the show), I had a really hard time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, my daughter is the host and we live in the same house, so same address. At a director's meeting, a director told me not to have the product shipped to my home address (for some reason that I can't remember), to have it shipped to like my mom's house (who lives very closeby). Does anyone know why I shouldn't have it shipped to my house even though I'm not the host? Would she not qualify for host specials? I am confused and do not want to do the wrong thing. Please help. Any ideas, or comments would be greatly appreciated. (And yes, I asked my director about not having it shipped to my house and she just shrugged it off and said she did not know what the other director was talking about. It was an executive director that told me not to ship to my house). I know this is long and confusing, and I apoligize in advance. Thanks!!:rolleyes:

I have products sent to my home all the time. I do not see a problem with it. Not sure what she was talking about... maybe she was talking about a situation that wouldn't really apply to you. Anyhow, make your daughter the host and have it shipped to her address (even if it IS your address)... It would be the same as if you did a mystery host show (you can find threads on here about that) It would be shipped to you w/ someone else's name as host.

As for PP3.. what problems did you have putting the order in? If you give us details, we might be able to help. It probably could just boil down to practice, though :)

:pThanks Charity, you are right, it probably will just take practice. When I tried to put the outside order in, I first put it in as an independent (?) order, but then figured out how to put it under her show. She (the host, my daughter) still has a red dot next to her name, is this because she has not ordered yet? Thanks in advance.

Check and see if her address and phone are entered in. This has to be done for s/h and tax to be figured right on your guest's orders... if there is still a red dot, you can go to the finish tab (at top of list of guest's names) and click that. It will tell you what the red dot means...

The Policy Guide states that when anyone in your household hosts a show, it is treated as if the consultant is hosting. This means that you will not earn commission on the Host's order, nor will the host be eligible for the booking benefit. The ED would be telling you to ship it to your mom's so that the same address doesn't trigger HO to treat it as a "Consultant as Host" party. If you ever have a show shipped to your home for a different host, you should use c/o Your Name on the first line of the address to indicate that you are not hosting, but just taking delivery.

You could do the c/o thing for this show as well, but technically that wouldn't be truthful, and I'll leave it up to you as to how you want to proceed. There are some who don't see any issue with it, there are some who feel it is untruthful, and won't do it. Everyone gets to decide for themselves.

As a side note, I do highly recommend reading the Policy Guide, if you haven't already. It answers a lot of questions, and even if you don't remember everything, you'll at least remember where you can go for an answer.

:chef:Thanks Noora, that does explain it for me. Did the policy guide come in my new consultant shipment, or is it on my consultant contract sheet? Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it. This gets confusing for me sometimes being so new, and you all have been so helpful and gracious to me.

I don't believe you receive a hard copy of the PG anymore. You can find it on CC, it's the first link in the Quick Links box on the right side of the main page.

1. What is "Some Questions for P3"?

"Some Questions for P3" is a popular recipe book offered by Pampered Chef. It features a variety of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes that are perfect for any occasion.

2. How many recipes are included in "Some Questions for P3"?

There are 30 recipes included in "Some Questions for P3". Each recipe is carefully selected and tested by our team of chefs to ensure great taste and easy preparation.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "Some Questions for P3" easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "Some Questions for P3" are commonly found in most grocery stores. We believe in using simple and easily accessible ingredients to make cooking more convenient for our customers.

4. Are there any special dietary options included in "Some Questions for P3"?

Yes, "Some Questions for P3" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. We want to make sure that everyone can enjoy our delicious recipes.

5. Can I purchase "Some Questions for P3" in a physical copy or is it only available online?

You can purchase "Some Questions for P3" in both physical and digital formats. You can order a physical copy through our website or through one of our independent consultants. The digital version can be downloaded directly from our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChrisT
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • esavvymom