• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous

In summary, Darcy and Sue both need to start calling their team more and be more hands on with them. If they are inactive, they get a call at the 3mo mark and 5mo mark.
baychef
Silver Member
Hi, my name is Ann and I am a non calling director for some of my downline. I have made it my "goal" to start reaching out to my team more. This has been a goal for too many years that I have continually failed to take action on. (In other words, I wanted to win the lottery but never bought a ticket!)

This past month I have finally taken more action on this aspect of my business. It has been wonderful!!! I was concentrating so much on part of my one downline that has a couple of strong people that I have been letting the rest of my first line fall apart.

If anyone else is doing this...try not to wait any longer in putting it off like I have. There are some wonderful people out there that want to bump up their business but need a little support and coaching. It takes so little time and the results are rewarding!

My name is Darcy and I'm also a non-calling Director, I need help! LoL

My name is Sue, and I too am a Non-Calling Team Leader. lol

joining the club....

Me. Too. :(

Hi I'm Sandra and I am a mostly non-calling Director. I call at the end of the month and as a reminder for the cluster meetings.

Add me to the mix.:cry:

Blush. sigh. I am bad about it as well, like Ann said, with members of my team who don't seem to want to do much.
To be fair, some of them don't ever answer my calls or return messages. But I need to do better about calling to say hi and asking how they're doing.
This business is about relationships.. in all aspects.
Thanks Ann!! I needed that!

Oh my gosh...didn't realize it until you brought it up, but I am too. A new member of the NCDA (non-calling Director's Anonymous). Help me to break the chain...:cry:

uh, anyone know the 12 steps?....

I know I need help, but I'm in denial and staying here. :devil:

finley1991 said:

Funny : ) I am in the club, but I have a hard time calling folks that dont ever return my calls. I vow to get better!

LOL! I did get permission from my D that if they do 1 show or less each month, they can come to the meeting to get time with me. If they do 2-3, they get a call outside of the meeting. If they do 4+, they get a call 1-2 a month. It's matching their efforts.If they are inactive, they get a call at the 3mo mark and 5mo mark. In Feb, I going to start doing 2 events each month (this is based on what I learned at my D retreat)... The first is our Success Night which is team training and recognition and the 2nd is Recipe Night where I do a full cooking show demo for them complete with FSCO and always doing a new consultant recipe. They can bring friends who might be interested and it replaces the cook & book. That way, no matter when they sign, they can attend a TEAM event within their 1st 2 weeks. :D

remember ladies, don't be too hard on yourselves. It is THEIR business. If they do not attend meeting, return calls or emails... THEY are telling you what they want... and it isn't your help!! We can not make them successful nor are we responsible for their failure. It is very apparent who wants to foster a relationship with you and who doesn't!

finley1991 said:
LOL! I did get permission from my D that if they do 1 show or less each month, they can come to the meeting to get time with me. If they do 2-3, they get a call outside of the meeting. If they do 4+, they get a call 1-2 a month. It's matching their efforts. If they are inactive, they get a call at the 3mo mark and 5mo mark.

If I can offer my thoughts on this...
I've been on the receiving end of this style of leadership and first let me preface it by saying "I get it". I can see both sides of the coin HOWEVER I went from the star performer who gets those 2 calls a month to struggling and having only one show a month (or worse) and because my AD does her time by how many shows you do - its very disheartening. I felt left in the dark, USED and not worthy of her time because I only got her time when I was performing (or translated to...adding to her paycheck and bottom line). It hurts A LOT to not feel worthy of a phone call and to see and know of others getting 'attention' simply b/c they are doing more shows. Sure I could have gotten on the phone more but as Ann and I have posted before, I do suffer from phone phobia and need to be part of this club. Just b/c someone is only doing one show a month doesn't mean they aren't worthy of your time or a simple phone call. Until you're an Exec or higher with too many to handle yourself, how much time does it really take each month to place a simple phone call? To let them know you care...to say if you need me, I'm here... to see if anything changed, if you can help. We hear with recruit leads, we never know when things change. Maybe they really want more but just don't know how to go about it and most are fearful to ask or admit they don't know how to do things. They may not return your calls as Jenni lists and so be it. But it takes all of 10 seconds or less of your time to leave a VM to let them know you still remember they are part of your team and that EVERY piece of the puzzle, no matter how big or small.....completes the puzzle. Without them, you're puzzle is always missing a piece.

I say this with NO tone, defensiveness, criticism, nothing...please don't take it as an attack or that you are doing the wrong thing. Your team, your decisions, your way of leading. But I just feel i have to say this for everyone to know how much it really can hurt someone on the team to know that they aren't worthy of you time b/c they only pad your bottom line with one show a month. If that's the case I never should talk to my team b/c i have ALL hobbyist who only want 1 maybe 2 shows (on a fluke) a month and they are happy with that but they still want to grow, stay in tune etc. Out of the blue, one in my 2nd gen stated she wants 8 shows a month, $1k commission as she has a goal to buy a house by next year and her and her hubby need $10k to do so. She doesn't call me or my AD - we call her. Now she's on track to do more and has 5 already lined up for February.

I have a consultant who lives by me that is under my AD and she comes to my mtgs and one day I said something about something new and she didn't know. And I said, didn't so-and-so tell you? and she said...quote "No I never get a call from her. Your the good consultant, I'm not. I'm not worthy of her time b/c I only do a show or two a month." I didn't 'get it' at the time b/c i was the performer (avg'd 4K a month) So I know I don't feel alone with this when she makes such comment. If you have consultants who really care in their heart about their business, it can make or break them. Or perhaps they care just to talk to you? Not saying give them hours of your time to chit chat...no. Time is valueable.

I may be overly sensitive when everyone in my life thinks I'm tough-skinned and strong-willed but I just have to say, it can have detrimental side effects. Now as I rebuild and my business is on the upswing, I want nothing to do with help from my AD b/c if you can't have time for me during the lows, please don't insult me with your time when I'm 'performing' or as others say...giving you a better bottom line/paycheck. (You does not mean anyone here directly, its a 'general' you)

Sorry to babble.... this is an issue near and dear to me because I now know how it feels to be on both sides of the fence, the top performer super star and the falling star not worthy of a phone call.

My apologies for my length.
Again NO HARM or ill-feelings in my writings...just another perspective or should we say "food for thought".

finley1991 said:

Love this! I second that thought! But I'm trying to not stay there... If it means the success or failure of my team and business, I MUST get out of this rut and as I learned at New Dir Academy...

Action eliminations anxiety. So just do it. ;)

No offense taken whatsoever and you are exactly right! And you weren't babbling!!!

If someone does reach out to me and wants help, I am there without a question! I spent 2 hours yesterday with a consultant who's done 2 shows in the last year and is finally ready to get started because her unemployment is running out. I am more than happy to help anyone who wants it! I'm happy I spent the time with her... what she decides to do now is up to her...

It's hard to find balance. There's another one who always RSVPs that's she's coming and never shows up, never apologizes for not showing up, never contacts me to let me know she's not coming, etc. I've called her to make sure she's okay and I get no response. :confused:

I am more than happy to help if they reach out, but if they don't, how can I help them? I know you're right that they do deserve the calls and they do get them... and with that, we deserve respect from them as well... I mean, an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from them that we exists would be nice too!!!!! :D

I guess it goes both ways! ;) Balance....

Melissa78 said:
Action eliminations anxiety.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!!

finley1991 said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!!

Its my mantra since I heard it. I have to repeat it over and over before I dial the phone. :D

finley1991 said:
I am more than happy to help if they reach out, but if they don't, how can I help them? I know you're right that they do deserve the calls and they do get them... and with that, we deserve respect from them as well... I mean, an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from them that we exists would be nice too!!!!! :D I guess it goes both ways! ;) Balance....

In two weeks I have rec'd invites from friends, not acquaintances, to attend their Pampered Chef parties. Since I got an invite it obviously shows I'm not the consultant. One I went to school with for 7yrs and the other I grew up with from age 5. Guess who didn't reach out to them and instead waited for them to contact me or thought they would ask me since they know I have my own PC biz? One even has purchased from me! Many people won't reach out or offer information but many times if you ask - they respond.

I have several on my team like you have. I can't even get a text response. I say to myself (in Stephanie Tanner voice) "How rude!" however, it doesn't mean I don't call/email/text them again. If I take the higher road and always know that I did my job, they can never come back and say I didn't try. Just bc they know we are here for them doesn't always mean they take us up on it. ANd the more we don't stay in touch - I think their performance will continue to go down or at least not improve/grow.

I can say from first hand experience - I won't reach out now unless its crucial. I'll cut off my nose to spite my face. :D "You" (general, not you specfically) didn't show you cared before, just b/c I'm doing what you want me to, don't think you get to share in my joy now or think you can help. Instead of us (the team) trying to understand that you give your time now b/c its in proportion to our effort, we see it as its proportioned to show output which means in a nutshell, financial contribution. :)

I personally never ever think about paychecks, overrides, mgmt fees - whatever we all call it but I have heard it so many times from other consultants that I know it comes to many minds. The only way to avoid that 'perception' is to always show we at least have an interest. Leave it up to them to take it or leave it because as the saying goes...

"People's perception is their reality."

And yes...balance! But that is such a hard thing to find!

Crazy that this thread is a year old and the issue is still there -- so glad that we have positive spins on it!!

I have to write quick...just skimmed over some of the postings. I must say I am starting to push myself more!! I have left 2 messages to team members.

Also, my ED is having all of the directors in her downline do a Saturday morning call. It is open to all of her downline...all they have to do is dial a number and listen...from 9:30 am till 10:30 am.

Yesterday I sent my personal team a reminder of this and offered (BRIBED!!) them with $5 PC dollars if they joined the call!

Then our SED has a recorded call for fundraisers so I am sending that on as well.

My second gen. director has a large downline and she is moving out of state in mid March :cry: I will miss her so! But I will be helping keep her team going by doing meetings in a location central to them.

I need to recruit more because come March, I do need to have more on my personal team. 3 will have dropped by then so I need 3 more and active as well!

Thanks for all of the comments and confessions!! It helps me to stop beating on myself and realize that we all struggle with this. LOVE the action eliminates anxiety...this is what keeps me motivated!!:)

What is "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous?

"Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous is a training program offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants overcome their fear of making phone calls to potential hosts or customers. It is designed to provide tips and strategies for building confidence and overcoming phone anxiety.

Who can participate in "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous?

Any Pampered Chef consultant is eligible to participate in "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous. The program is open to both new and experienced consultants who are looking to improve their phone skills and increase their business.

How does "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous work?

The program consists of a series of online modules that can be completed at your own pace. Each module includes interactive videos, worksheets, and quizzes to help you learn and apply the techniques for overcoming phone phobia. You will also have access to a private online community where you can connect with other consultants and receive additional support and guidance.

What are some of the techniques taught in "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous?

The program covers a variety of techniques, including how to prepare for phone calls, how to handle objections, and how to build confidence and overcome fear. It also includes tips for developing a positive mindset and maintaining a professional phone presence. Additionally, the program offers strategies for following up with potential hosts and customers to increase bookings and sales.

Is there a cost to participate in "Overcoming My Director Phone Phobia" Anonymous?

Yes, there is a one-time fee to enroll in the program. However, the cost is significantly lower than other training programs and can be paid in installments. Plus, the potential increase in bookings and sales can quickly make up for the cost of the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkathy