• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Promotion Success Story: Celebrating the Achievements of Sue and Tina!

or was not promoted to...Director. Tina will go up in status to be your second gen. director. Her team's sales will count to your $12K each month.
baychef
Silver Member
:party:So why did I put this behind the apron? Cause I want to complain!!!!:grumpy:

So yes, I am VERY happy that this director promoted!! She has wanted this for a long time and her goal has been achieved! I will call her "Sue"

April 1st, Sue's direct recruit promoted to Director. I will call her Tina. So Tina's promotion promoted me to AD. Sue had until today to have her 4-2 structure in place and she did it! So now Tina has become my second generation. Tina has a kick a$$ business and team. But now I will not be paid 4% on her and her downline. I will be paid 3% for her and 1/2 % on her cluster. I am not sure if I will be paid for her as my 1st or second gen. this month so I re-figured it. If I am paid for Tina's team to be my second gen....my pay just dropped by $200!!

My team and Sue's teams are not strong. So I now need to shift my focus on my team...who is doing very little and not attending meetings!!!:cry: So recruiting I will go!!!

Ok, my complaint session is over...now back to cheering this spectacular down line!!:party: (FYI...I have one more complaint but will start a new thread and I will again, hide under...I mean...behind the apron!!

Ann, I'm not sure, but I think if "Sue" is a D then "Tina" is your sec. gen. But if Sue doe not meet the requirements Tina moves up. I get lost tring to keep it all straight. I hope that they ALL get it together and keep it together for you!:pray:

Thanks, Sheila! Yes, Tina and Sue are both Directors now. Tina has a really good productive team but now I am being paid less because Tina is my 2nd gen. director and instead of the 4% I was earning on her, it is now 3%. Also, her cluster was a 4% income and now it is 1/2%.

So....I have to get my own team now going and recruit new people to build it back up! My boyfriend said...well, just need to promote 2 more directors! Sounds so easy...but it took me 10 years to get these!!:( Maybe I will get better at this!!

(((hugs))) Ann! Just remember, if Sue doesn't keep her Director title, Tina will move back up to you. ;)I just promoted to Director and want to promote to AD soon. Obviously, I haven't been in this situation yet but I'm sure it must be frustrating!!! :(

Thanks! Just a little worrisome trying to do any kind of budgeting. Probably it would be better just to lower my calculations as if people would not be reaching their paid as titles. Just not sure how it all works!

Congratulations! If Sue is so motivated to get directorship she just may surprise you and become a star cluster for you. And if she isn't, it won't be long before Tina is again in your first line.

Does Tina's cluster's sales count toward your $12K each month when she's second generation?

Way to go Ann! I'm proud of you!!!!I've had a hard time trying to figure out my commissions with the new structure. You might be able to get a ballpark figure by clicking on the Performance Details button on Consultant Connection. HTH! HUGS! -- COLLEEN :)

congrats Ann!

bethcooks4u said:
Congratulations! If Sue is so motivated to get directorship she just may surprise you and become a star cluster for you. And if she isn't, it won't be long before Tina is again in your first line.

Does Tina's cluster's sales count toward your $12K each month when she's second generation?

Sue was motivated because she had until yesterday to retain her in her line...or it would have been a pass by. And yes, my ED told me it is good to have a director under a director to keep your structure from all falling in!

On Tina, this past month she did over $5000 in personal sales so I will earn 3% ($150) now instead of 4% ($200) because she went from my 1st gen. to my 2nd gen. Her team did about $7000 in sales. On that amount I will not earn 4% ($280) I will earn 1/2% ($35):grumpy:

Sue sold over $4400 and her team sold $2700 and I still will get 4% on them.

Moral of the story, you want to promote directors from your direct recruits as much as possible. And if, God forbid, something happens to that 1st gen. director, it is very good to have them be an Advanced Director to help with a cushion for to much of an income change. Also, have your directors get as many SC's and TL's as possible to protect their status as well.

Tina missed being paid as a director by $21 (she had 1 SC and the other one only put $129 in sales in:grumpy:)

So after all of this, it is a good thing that Tina promoted or I wouldn't have gotten paid as an AD.....IS ANYONE ELSE'S HEAD SWIRLING?????:eek:

These past 2 months have been a huge learning curve that I have not fully absorbed yet...I hope my pea brain aborbs it soon!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for listening, reading and trying to understand what the hell I am talking about!!! And thank you so much for the congratulations! I honestly want all 3 of us to walk the stage as AD's. Tina has someone under her that is very close to having the 4-2 structure as well!!!:chef:

Every step of the way is definitely a learning process, huh? I just appreciate being able to have Chef Success & Director Success to share these types of things! It can really help those of us who have not yet experienced a problem be prepared to avoid an issue or deal with it easier. ;)It took me forever to get my 2nd Senior Consultant, and now (a month later) I have #3 & #4 about to promote. So luckily, I have spares to fall back on now! I was working so hard trying to get "4 across & 2 down", that I now have 8 across, 4 down & 2 more below one of them! LOL If someone fails to perform, I have backups that can cover the slack!!! ;)My AD has drilled it into my head to "think wide & deep"!!! I plan to keep doing just that! More. I want MORE!!! (Call me greedy!) ;)

I want to be just like your AD!!! I have so much to learn and I have been doing this 10 years!!! But you know, with the Career Plan change is has been a long saga of "Who Moved My Cheese'!!!

Ann-
YAY and booo at the same time. NOW... since you have the 1st gen director ( remember our conversation the other day) IF Sue doesn't meet her requirements but Tina does you won't be paid as an AD... you will be paid at whatever level your personal cluster dictates.
My 1st gen director did not meet her requirements this month. My second gen did. I am being paid as a D ( fortunately I DO have 3 SC's as well.)
Ugh... this structure is so confusing. BUT... now my goal is to promote another first line D since my other one is so shaky.
On the other hand... CONGRATS!!

baychef said:
I want to be just like your AD!!! I have so much to learn and I have been doing this 10 years!!! But you know, with the Career Plan change is has been a long saga of "Who Moved My Cheese'!!!

roflmao2.gif
Note to self: A mouth full of Diet Coke & reading your posts can be hazardous to my computer screen!!!
roflmao2.gif

Sheila said:
roflmao2.gif
Note to self: A mouth full of Diet Coke & reading your posts can be hazardous to my computer screen!!!
roflmao2.gif

Happy to make your nose go all tingly with a carbonated sneeze!!! (love your smilies!)

I think I need to rename it...who moved my cheese factory...just figuring the stats of what I will get paid this month and comparing it to what it would be when my lines settle into place. I will still be paid as AD and paid on a personal cluster and a 1st gen. (Thank God) So to get an idea of what this team structure will be when part of my 1st gen becomes my 2nd genertation...based on this month's stats if that structure was in place...I would have made $510 LESS. Guess I am going to have to pound more miles on my rust bucket.

Ok... I have licked my wounds and need to build up my personal cluster again!:party: Where's my steriods?:party:

(((hugs))) Sweetie! Think wide & deep. Wide & deep. Always having a Plan B, Plan C, etc will sure make less stress in your life. ;)

Great advice and going back over the workshop given at leadership in 09. I was not at that workshop, but they still have the booklet on the web. And I will be looking for audios as well to help with my Plan B...through Z!!!
Thank you so much!!

You are welcome! If there's one thing that I've learned being married to the military ... it's to have Plan B through Plan Z and then maybe Plan AA through Plan ZZ too!!! LOL They like to keep us on our toes. ;)

Congrats Ann!! I'm on the verge of promoting, and have been wondering about the whole payscale. As you mentioned, need to shore up my other recruits as I'll be losing her team sales for my personal. I need to figure out how the whole pay thing works out.

Plus, we lose the activity bonus too for her team, right?

I'm excited for her and can't wait to cheer her on when she promotes.

1. How did Sue and Tina achieve their promotion to Director status?

Sue and Tina were able to achieve their promotion to Director status by consistently meeting and exceeding their sales goals, building a strong team, and actively participating in training and development opportunities provided by Pampered Chef.

2. What advice do Sue and Tina have for others who are aspiring to become Directors?

Sue and Tina recommend setting clear goals, staying organized, and being persistent in pursuing your dreams. They also emphasize the importance of building relationships with customers and team members, as well as continuously learning and growing as a leader.

3. How has Pampered Chef supported Sue and Tina in their journey to Director?

Pampered Chef has provided Sue and Tina with resources and tools such as training materials, mentorship programs, and recognition events to help them grow and develop as leaders. They also received support from their team members and mentors who provided guidance and encouragement along the way.

4. What are the benefits of becoming a Director at Pampered Chef?

Becoming a Director at Pampered Chef comes with many benefits, including increased income, leadership opportunities, and the ability to mentor and support others in their own journey. Directors also have access to exclusive trainings and events, as well as recognition and rewards for their achievements.

5. How can others follow in Sue and Tina's footsteps and achieve success at Pampered Chef?

To achieve success at Pampered Chef like Sue and Tina, it is important to set clear goals, stay motivated and organized, and consistently work towards them. Building a strong team and nurturing relationships with customers and team members is also crucial. Lastly, taking advantage of training and development opportunities provided by Pampered Chef can help individuals grow and succeed in their journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies