• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot - Why Do People Have to Steal?

In summary, a grocery store cashier was arrested for stealing cash from her drawer and a recent burglary involved a store clerk being held at gunpoint.
kaseydee
Gold Member
We found a new person for our main stores office & we just found out she is stealing cash from our deposits. Why???? We seem to get more people that either steal cash or products...it blows my mind!

I ask myself that every time I watch the news and see someone who stole identity or something stupid and just ruined someone else's life.

For this reason, (learned the hard way) I sewed a zipper into one of my apron pockets. (I use a lap-apron) That's where I put all the money from the orders once I have them logged. It's perfect- the money stays on my person, while not looking like I am untrusting while I am occupied. (packing up, talking to someone, etc...) I don't take it off until I'm in my car.

What's even more revealing is how surprised these morons are when they get arrested. They're amazed that they got caught, like they have no idea of paper trails, double entries and checks on cash.A teenage cashier at a grocery store here was amazed when she was arrested for pilfering cash from her drawer. She had no concept that her petty cash was counted before she picked up her drawer and more amazed that the register actually keeps track of how much cash she put in the drawer during her shift.How pathetic. How dumb.

My hubby is a police officer and tells me almost daily of how someone was stupid enough to think they could get away with stealing.

Recently, a local store was held up and the store clerk was held at gunpoint. The burglar fled into a neighborhood as the cops chased him. When he approached what he thought was some thick hanging brush he tried to run through it. What he didn't know was there was a wall behind the thick brush and he literally knocked himself out!

My parents recently were dealing with one of those "Darwin" criminals. He was going from house to house in a very rural area- either trying to break in if no one was home, or he was asking folks for money for one thing or another...My dad it was "use the phone" and then he walked out of the house with dad's wallet. He thought my dad wouldn't talk to the neighbors (or call the cops). He was wrong, and now, a few weeks later and several neighbor conversations- he's in jail. Uh. DUH!Funny thing was- after he took my dad's wallet, he went out and got high. When the sheriff stopped at his place, the crook invited the guy in for pizza and TV!? We said he should hvae done it. he was invited in- and might have got some good info or evidence! :D

Kasey, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. It's not just a matter of how stupid the person is for stealing, but how violated you feel by someone you trusted.

Related to Ot - Why Do People Have to Steal?

1. Why do people steal from others?

The reasons for stealing can vary from person to person. Some individuals may feel a sense of entitlement or lack empathy for others, while others may struggle with impulse control or have a compulsion to steal. In some cases, people may also be motivated by financial need or desperation.

2. Is there a way to prevent people from stealing?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent theft, there are steps you can take to deter thieves. This can include installing security systems, keeping valuable items out of sight, and being vigilant about locking doors and windows. It's also important to address any underlying issues that may lead someone to steal, such as financial struggles or psychological disorders.

3. Are there certain items that are more likely to be stolen?

Yes, certain items are more popular among thieves. These can include electronics, jewelry, cash, and prescription medications. It's important to be extra cautious with these items and take extra steps to secure them.

4. What should I do if I catch someone stealing?

If you catch someone stealing, it's important to remain calm and avoid confrontation. Try to get a good description of the person and any identifying information, such as a license plate number. Contact the authorities and let them handle the situation.

5. What are the legal consequences of stealing?

The legal consequences of stealing vary depending on the severity of the crime and the laws in your area. In general, stealing is considered a crime and can result in fines, jail time, or both. Repeat offenders may face harsher penalties. It's always best to consult with a legal professional for specific information about the consequences of stealing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedpals