• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Iso Old Glass or Porcelain Doorknobs

In summary, glass doorknobs are made from glass, while porcelain doorknobs are made from clay and other materials. They have a different appearance, with glass being more transparent and porcelain being more opaque. While glass doorknobs may be more fragile, there are benefits to using old glass or porcelain doorknobs, such as their durability and vintage aesthetic. They can generally be used on most doors, but it's important to check for correct size and weight. To clean and maintain them, use gentle cleaners and periodically check for loose screws. These doorknobs can be found at antique stores, vintage shops, online marketplaces, and specialty retailers.
redsoxgirl
I'm looking for old glass/crystal or porcelain doorknobs.

Honestly - I don't want to pay for them, so if you're willing to part with them for nothing, I'll take them off your hands. And of course I'm more than happy to pay for shipping!

I don't want reproductions, just the real deal (aka antique/vintage).

Feel free to email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Thanks everyone! :D

Related to Ot: Iso Old Glass or Porcelain Doorknobs

1. What is the difference between glass and porcelain doorknobs?

Glass doorknobs are made from glass, while porcelain doorknobs are made from clay and other materials. Glass doorknobs have a more transparent appearance, while porcelain doorknobs have a more opaque appearance. Additionally, glass doorknobs may be more fragile than porcelain doorknobs.

2. Are there any benefits to using old glass or porcelain doorknobs?

Yes, there are several benefits to using old glass or porcelain doorknobs. These materials are often more durable and long-lasting compared to modern doorknob materials. They also add a unique and vintage aesthetic to any door.

3. Can I use old glass or porcelain doorknobs on any type of door?

Generally, yes, old glass or porcelain doorknobs can be used on most doors. However, it is important to make sure the doorknob is the correct size and shape for your specific door. It is also important to check the weight of the doorknob to ensure it can properly function on your door.

4. How do I properly clean and maintain old glass or porcelain doorknobs?

To clean old glass or porcelain doorknobs, use a gentle glass or porcelain cleaner and a soft cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they can damage the doorknob's surface. To maintain the doorknob, periodically check for any loose screws or hardware and tighten as needed.

5. Where can I find old glass or porcelain doorknobs for purchase?

You can find old glass or porcelain doorknobs at antique stores, vintage shops, and online marketplaces. You may also be able to find them at estate sales or through online classifieds. Additionally, there are specialty retailers that sell antique and vintage doorknobs specifically.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ragschef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chefann
  • vwpamperedchef
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • Roadtripray