• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing Your Office: Keeping or Tossing Consultant News Books?

In summary, Carolyn keeps all of her Consultant News books, but after a year, she decides to recycle them.
heat123
Silver Member
I've got 2.5 years of Consultant News books in my closet, and after reading these office cleaning-organizing posts and wanting to organize myself, I was wondering if you all keep them or toss them, after say, a year?? Just wondering what to do with mine??

Hey - great thread - I still have everyone of mine as well - in a binder - not sure why ...............

I don't keep mine - I ripped out the pages that I want/need and put them under the appropriate 'Month' tab in my Yearly Binder for ideas.

stefani2 said:
I don't keep mine - I ripped out the pages that I want/need and put them under the appropriate 'Month' tab in my Yearly Binder for ideas.
Hmm, now that's an idea! Tearing out important stuff, you may refer back too! I will have to try this system! ;)

You guys...last month I finally threw them all away. I had EVERY CN from Nov 02 until now.........

I emptied five binders in the process.

I have the last 3 years and even bought like 2 years off of ebay just for ideas!

I find that I use them quite often as a reference. I don't know that I can get rid of them just yet.

I never looked at them! I kept them for reference but since it is all online...it just seemed to me a waste of space.

I have been keeping mine because for some reason I feel guilty throwing them away. I'm not sure why....

erinyourpclady said:
I never looked at them! I kept them for reference but since it is all online...it just seemed to me a waste of space.

I finally threw mine out too. I will keep a year at a time in a binder. Then toss. Less clutter for me.:thumbup:

bsaxman said:
I have been keeping mine because for some reason I feel guilty throwing them away. I'm not sure why....
I know how you feel, I have 2 1/2 years worth of them.

I take out any info I want to keep, put it into the appropriate binder and toss them after 3 months or so. I only keep them if my name is in it :D

I have every single one since the day I signed. I have them organized in binders.
Hi, my name is Carolyn and I am a hoarder.

Hey hoarder - since you have so many, do you ever go back to any of them? I have only looked back once or twice and was glad I kept them - but 2 1/2 years worht isn't taking up so much space.

I keep the most relevant ones and recycle the rest. We have paper recycling dumpsters at my kids' schools and they earn money for our paper recycling, including magazines! I'm a big time packrat so I'm trying NOT to do so with my PC stuff... so far, it's been working. I don't see any value in holding onto the older issues.

dannyzmom said:
I have every single one since the day I signed. I have them organized in binders.
Hi, my name is Carolyn and I am a hoarder.

I've got you beat. I have 7 years worth. I've rarely looked back. Suppose I should dig out the one with my name in it ($15,000) and take the rest to be recycled. They are not in my way but the clutter isn't good for me.

Ok so.....I kept my 1st edition for sentimental reasons I suppose ;), my $15k CN announcment and tore out key info I could refer back to, with the rest (need to put in seperate binders though, per topic) and will hold onto the current year in a binder till the next year. Then purge-compact after the year. Thanks for your tips!

Last edited:
You're inspiring me. I belong to Carolyn's hoarder club, and need to get rid of some things too this summer. This might be a good place to start.

:grumpy: :mad: :love: :D :eek: I've got all 90 issues...I refer back to them for ideas and rejuvenating ideas. I misplaced one once...had my eniter family looking for it! :D LOL "No one does anything until it's found!" :yuck:

Kitchen2u said:
:grumpy: :mad: :love: :D :eek: I've got all 90 issues...I refer back to them for ideas and rejuvenating ideas. I misplaced one once...had my eniter family looking for it! :D LOL "No one does anything until it's found!" :yuck:
OMG, how do you file them, or do you file them:eek: ??

heat123 said:
OMG, how do you file them, or do you file them:eek: ??

3 ring binders...on my PC desk bookshelf. 7 & 1/2 years worth.

Kitchen2u said:

Plus I've got the special editions...so there's mroe than 90!

Kitchen2u said:
Plus I've got the special editions...so there's mroe than 90!
Impressive!;) :chef:

heat123 said:
Impressive!;) :chef:

Not really, I just hate to throw things away that I "might" :love: use...as my DH rolls his eyes! :eek:

Kitchen2u said:
:grumpy: :mad: :love: :D :eek: I've got all 90 issues

Ginny,

I feel so much better. I'm not alone!:eek:

Ginny, you crack me up.

DebbieJ said:
Ginny, you crack me up.

What???? :eek: You don't keep all of yours Deb? Oh that's right...you cleared out for those fifty bazillion copies of March 2008, right? :D :D :love: :love: :D :D :love: :love: Just kidding Deb!!!

Did you have a fabulous BD?

I have alll of mine, in binders

I have kept mine in a binder (1 1/2 years worth).

Kitchen2u said:
Not really, I just hate to throw things away that I "might" :love: use...as my DH rolls his eyes! :eek:

omg.....that's me too!!

itsjustCarla said:
omg.....that's me too!!

Thanks I feel better now;) ...I was thinking I was the only one here like that!

itsjustCarla said:
omg.....that's me too!!
I am soo the same way, DH has to "clear" things out when I am not home or not looking! lol He figures if it's out of my sight, it will be out of my mind so it won't matter what he get's rid of! lol

heat123 said:
I am soo the same way, DH has to "clear" things out when I am not home or not looking! lol He figures if it's out of my sight, it will be out of my mind so it won't matter what he get's rid of! lol

Yippee! we've got a "group" now!

"I'm Ginny, and I can't throw away things I "think I "might" need later..."

Kitchen2u said:
Yippee! we've got a "group" now!

"I'm Ginny, and I can't throw away things I "think I "might" need later..."

My DH & DS need to join your group! It's very difficult living with a hoarder, and a "hoarder in training"!

ChefBeckyD said:
My DH & DS need to join your group! It's very difficult living with a hoarder, and a "hoarder in training"!

I only hoard things for my biz...my DH is that "other" kind of hoarder...I throw things away of his...and he never misses it. He doesn't dare tough my biz stuff! He really doesn't even step foot in my office either. My everything's in a neat tidy order in my office!

Hmmmm, make me look at myself...not a two way street here. Becky, you may have "cracked me" ~ and my DH may need to thank YOU!

I hate clutter. I don't like to hold on to much. I used to keep everything. But something happened and I changed. I toss everything.

I do however, have my CNs. In a binder, like most of you.

But the question is----with all the technology and we have CN on the comptuer, is it really necessary to print a couple million of them and mail them? You are using paper---and postage---both which would be saved if we had the email version of CN.

I think it is a waste really, all the CNs and postage.

I think if you are specifically mentioned in CN, yes, you should be given a hard copy. Other then that, should be available on CC.

JMHO!!

Kitchen2u said:
I only hoard things for my biz...my DH is that "other" kind of hoarder...I throw things away of his...and he never misses it. He doesn't dare tough my biz stuff! He really doesn't even step foot in my office either. My everything's in a neat tidy order in my office!Hmmmm, make me look at myself...not a two way street here. Becky, you may have "cracked me" ~ and my DH may need to thank YOU!
When we got married, we decided we would remodel and live in his pre-marriage house. As I was cleaning cupboards and spare rooms, getting ready for the remodel, here are some of the treasures I found:a huge bowl full of ends off from film boxes. Why? So he could keep track of how many rolls of film he used in his camera.:confused: 2 Kitchen cupboards full of empty plastic butter bowls, cool whip bowls, and anything else that came in a bowl (literally hundreds!). Why? "Because you never know when you might need a bowl".Stacks of junk mail from at least 2-3 years. Why? "I haven't gone through all of it yet - there might be something important in there" My response was that if it was important 3 years ago, it probably was obsolete now!In the basement - The entire old chimney, dismantled and all the bricks stored. Because he might want to use those bricks someday. Nine years later (from when I discovered them, they've been in the basement for close to 20 years!) - they are still there.The original stove top from the home.Every box from every small appliance, electronic device, etc....that he has ever owned - even though some of the actual products have been thrown out!Those are just a few examples!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
When we got married, we decided we would remodel and live in his pre-marriage house. As I was cleaning cupboards and spare rooms, getting ready for the remodel, here are some of the treasures I found:

a huge bowl full of ends off from film boxes. Why? So he could keep track of how many rolls of film he used in his camera.:confused:

2 Kitchen cupboards full of empty plastic butter bowls, cool whip bowls, and anything else that came in a bowl (literally hundreds!). Why? "Because you never know when you might need a bowl".

Stacks of junk mail from at least 2-3 years. Why? "I haven't gone through all of it yet - there might be something important in there" My response was that if it was important 3 years ago, it probably was obsolete now!

In the basement - The entire old chimney, dismantled and all the bricks stored. Because he might want to use those bricks someday. Nine years later (from when I discovered them, they've been in the basement for close to 20 years!) - they are still there.

The original stove top from the home.

Every box from every small appliance, electronic device, etc....that he has ever owned - even though some of the actual products have been thrown out!

Those are just a few examples!:rolleyes:

Now that's MY kinda guy!! Maybe he's my long lost brother???

dannyzmom said:
Now that's MY kinda guy!! Maybe he's my long lost brother???

LOL - maybe! His mom is always saying she doesn't know where the hoarding gene came from....possibly a mix-up in the hospital?

(His parents are the least-hoarding people I know of. They don't save ANYTHING!....actually, his hoarding may be a backlash to their tossing everything....hmmmmm....)

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - maybe! His mom is always saying she doesn't know where the hoarding gene came from....possibly a mix-up in the hospital?

(His parents are the least-hoarding people I know of. They don't save ANYTHING!....actually, his hoarding may be a backlash to their tossing everything....hmmmmm....)
OMG, that' hilarious about the film box ends! But I do save appliance boxes and DH throws them out! LOL

I think you are right, it was due to his parents being totally opposite!:p

I keep the current month's and the spring/summer or fall/winter in my "on-the-go" binder. The previous month's, I put in a binder (most current on top) and go to the back and take out that same month's from a year ago. I go through it for anything I might want (like my name at the back...cut out for my scrapbook) and then it gets thrown away.

I have everyone beat - I have 9 years worth - just can't get rid of them - have 3 years at a time in a 3 inch binder and yes I do refer back to them occasionally for newsletter and training for my team - I find them refreshing to look back on too. Maybe someday I will recycle but not right now.;)

ChefBeckyD said:
When we got married, we decided we would remodel and live in his pre-marriage house. As I was cleaning cupboards and spare rooms, getting ready for the remodel, here are some of the treasures I found:

a huge bowl full of ends off from film boxes. Why? So he could keep track of how many rolls of film he used in his camera.:confused:

2 Kitchen cupboards full of empty plastic butter bowls, cool whip bowls, and anything else that came in a bowl (literally hundreds!). Why? "Because you never know when you might need a bowl".

Stacks of junk mail from at least 2-3 years. Why? "I haven't gone through all of it yet - there might be something important in there" My response was that if it was important 3 years ago, it probably was obsolete now!

In the basement - The entire old chimney, dismantled and all the bricks stored. Because he might want to use those bricks someday. Nine years later (from when I discovered them, they've been in the basement for close to 20 years!) - they are still there.

The original stove top from the home.

Every box from every small appliance, electronic device, etc....that he has ever owned - even though some of the actual products have been thrown out!

Those are just a few examples!:rolleyes:

This is hilarious ~ Becky your DH wins the prize!

Susan M said:
I have everyone beat - I have 9 years worth - just can't get rid of them - have 3 years at a time in a 3 inch binder and yes I do refer back to them occasionally for newsletter and training for my team - I find them refreshing to look back on too. Maybe someday I will recycle but not right now.;)

Phewwwwww, and you win this prize Susan...glad to hand over the torch!

Related to Organizing Your Office: Keeping or Tossing Consultant News Books?

1. What is the purpose of the Consultant News books from Pampered Chef?

The Consultant News books from Pampered Chef are a resource for consultants to stay updated on company news, product information, and training materials.

2. How long should I keep my Consultant News books?

We recommend keeping your Consultant News books for at least a year. This will allow you to reference any important information and stay up-to-date with the latest company updates.

3. Can I recycle my old Consultant News books?

Yes, you can recycle your old Consultant News books. However, we suggest reviewing the content first to ensure there is no important information you may need to reference in the future.

4. Is it necessary to keep physical copies of the Consultant News books?

No, it is not necessary to keep physical copies of the Consultant News books. You can access the same information on our website or through our mobile app.

5. What should I do with my old Consultant News books after a year?

You can either recycle your old Consultant News books or keep them as a reference for future use. If you choose to keep them, we recommend organizing them in a filing system or storage box to keep your office clutter-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies