• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Keep Your Demo Area Organized and Clutter-Free?

In summary, this person feels like they are taking over the host's kitchen when they demo, and they try to minimize their possessions to make sure they do not take up too much space.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a question, and I feel silly asking it...If all you have is a table or an island to work on, what do you do with the items that you bring that you aren't using for the recipe?Sometimes I feel like my demo area is so cluttered it's not very attractive. Then what do I do with my other stuff I want to show them? Should I keep it in my tote and take things out as I mention them? Not every recipe demos all our major lines, plus if I want to show them a product or two that is fun or must-haves, I just don't know how to organize myself. In the past I was lucky and had room or another table nearby to make a display. But the last show I did, there wasn't another surface available to do that. I had to put extra things on her counters and it just made me feel like I was taking over her kitchen and cluttering every square inch. :D

I usually find a different area - like a coffee table where we will be, or the kitchen table.

I keep some things in a little stack beside me to pass around, like cookbooks and spices, and a couple tools I want to pass and won't be using in the demo. Then, I just grab them off the pile and pass them as I am talking.

I would love to hear some ideas! I have had the same problem!!

This week I had a show at my cousin's house. She lives in a small "single-wide" trailor so space is very limited. I called her ahead of time and asked her to setup their small card table in the living room. I put the food and products used for the recipe on the island and setup a display on the card table.

I used to have a card table I could take to use places, but now my husband took it and is using it for the kid's computer set up. :rolleyes:

I use my cooling rack and that gives me a little height. I also take a towel and put it over my roll to go case and use that and sometimes I use my plastic crate with a towel and place items in and on the top - whether its next to the table, in front or else where in the room - I also tried not to bring to much except for what was needed and the monthly specials (current and next) The catty is your friend!

ugh. my show on friday was awful. it was the weirdest kitchen set up ive ever seen & the host already had a ton of clutter on the counter. there was no island and NO kitchen table! so i only set out what we would be using in the demo & even that was spread out on two separate counters. im not sure if people could differeciate between my products & the hosts...

I usually do my demo in the kitchen/dining room and have table set up in the living room. After we prepare and put the recipe in oven, we go to the living room where I hand out the lapbaords and usually play some kind of game while food cooks. This way they can comfortably look thru the magazine and socialize.

I don't bring very many products that are not part of the demo, so I am able to fit everything in the area where I am cooking.

I play bingo at my parties in which each line is mentioned in one of the bingo squares. Then I bring out something to represent that item. Until then I keep it packed and when it comes up in the bingo I bring it out and pass it around. Then it gets put back. That's only when there is no room otherwise I set it out so guests can see things before the party :)

I try to pack light as well, and find another area for the extra products. at my last show i scattered them around the host's living room, and i asked the guests to pass a few around when I talked about them. that seemed to work well.

I try not to bring much else other than the recipe needed products. I *DO* like to pass around a few spices and cookbooks, since they both sell much better if guests can see and smell (the spices) them before they buy!

For the few extra things I bring (saute pan to talk about bookings, maybe my favorite new item) I will even just set it on the top of my "garbage/dirty dishes" drawer to keep it off of my table.

I usually set up all my stuff on a counter and most the items I use are on the kitchen table. Then as we go through the demo I have to grab a few things from the counter area and when I go to grab them I will pick up another item or two and talk about them too (ex. if I'm grabbing a scrapper out of the TTA then I will talk about the TTA as well as the scraper). My area does end up pretty cluttered but I clean it all up at the end so I don't think anyone thinks too much about it.

Related to How to Keep Your Demo Area Organized and Clutter-Free?

1. How often should I clean and declutter my demo area?

It is recommended to clean and declutter your demo area before and after each use. This will ensure that your products are presented in an organized and appealing manner to your customers.

2. What are some tips for organizing my demo area?

Some tips for organizing your demo area include investing in storage containers or shelves to keep your products neatly displayed, labeling everything for easy identification, and regularly purging any items that are no longer needed.

3. How can I prevent my demo area from becoming cluttered during a cooking demonstration?

One way to prevent clutter during a demo is to have a designated area for used or dirty items, such as a sink or a designated basket. This will keep your prep area clean and uncluttered throughout the demonstration.

4. What should I do with leftover ingredients or utensils after a demo?

Leftover ingredients can be stored in airtight containers and labeled for future use. Utensils should be washed and put away in their designated storage area. This will help keep your demo area clean and organized for your next use.

5. How can I maintain an uncluttered demo area during a busy event or show?

During a busy event or show, it can be challenging to keep your demo area uncluttered. One tip is to have a designated helper to assist with cleaning and organizing between demos. You can also have a system in place for quickly clearing and restocking your demo area in between presentations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
Replies
Views
shuttermonster