• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

One of Our Former Students Was Hit by a Car...

In summary, Phuong had very critical head injuries and had to be flown to Duke. He is 13 years old and has a long road to recovery.
pamperedape
they had to fly him to Duke. He is 13 and has very critical head injuries.

We were having our Fall Festival on Thursday evening and we hear that a child was hit by a car. We weren't sure for awhile if it was one of ours coming to, or going from the festival. The police wouldn't even let our principal know anything when he went out there. It's a five lane with a 45 mph speed limit.

We found out after about 45 minutes that it was one of our babies who has gone on to middle school. His name is Phuong (fwong) and he is a gem. He was simply coming home from soccer practice. He is smart, respectful, silly, and amazing. PLEASE pray for him. The swelling of his brain is too great for them to operate.

Last edited:
Oh no! I will keep him in my thoughts...

Absolutely April! Every prayer helps.

OMG - how horrifying!
Please keep us posted!!

How sad!! I will be praying.

Oh gosh this is so sad. I'll be praying for him and his family! He is the same age as my son I can't even imagine what the family is going through!

He is in my prayers!

I will lift him up in prayer...so sorry to hear about this.

He'll be in my prayers.

Sorry to hear, I will be praying for him - keep us posted!

WOW, that is too bad. I will keep this young man in my prayers. Keep us posted on how he is coming along.

Tammy, my prayers are with him. It sounds like he is getting expert care if it is at Duke. The miracles they can perform with modern medicine now continue to impress me. I pray that God gives his medical team the strength and knowledge they need. For Phuong, I pray that God gives him the will to fight the good fight. How devistating for his family also. Keep us posted.

Any news on Phuong?

Nevermind.. just saw the other post. :(

So, the family decided at first to have no services, because they are returning to Vietnam for two months to bury him there, and to spend time with their family - grieving.

Well, someone talked them into having a small visitation this evening from 5-7 so that they could see just how many people loved their son, and have been so devestated by his passing.

Please say a prayer for them this evening. I know it's going to be so hard for them.

I pray that God uses tonight's service to touch their hearts in a very special way. It is amazing how a service can touch the family. So many people will have stories about him that the family would never hear otherwise!

You're right Kelly. I am trying to get ready, but I am having a hard time even just getting ready to go. Gosh, it shouldn't be this way. I hate this.

The whole crowd will be in my prayers, as will those who can't bring themselves to go.

Related to One of Our Former Students Was Hit by a Car...

1. How can I help support the former student who was hit by a car?

Thank you for your concern and willingness to help. The best way to support the former student is by making a donation to their GoFundMe page or by sending a card or note of encouragement. You can also reach out to their family or friends to see if there are any specific needs or ways to help.

2. Will Pampered Chef be making a donation to help with medical expenses?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to giving back to our community and supporting those in need. We will be making a donation to the former student's GoFundMe page to help with their medical expenses. We also encourage our employees and consultants to make personal donations if they are able to.

3. Are there any upcoming fundraisers or events to support the former student?

At this time, we are not aware of any upcoming fundraisers or events specifically for the former student. However, you can check their GoFundMe page or reach out to their family or friends to see if they have any planned. We also encourage you to organize your own fundraiser or event to support the former student.

4. Can I send a care package or gift to the former student?

Yes, you can certainly send a care package or gift to the former student. It would be best to check with their family or friends first to see if there are any restrictions or specific items that the former student may need or prefer. You can also send a card or note of encouragement to let them know you are thinking of them.

5. How can I stay updated on the former student's recovery?

We understand that many people are concerned about the former student's recovery and progress. The best way to stay updated is by following their GoFundMe page or social media accounts, if they have any. You can also reach out to their family or friends to inquire about updates. We will also provide updates on our social media pages when available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
winklermom
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • genburk
  • General Chat
Replies