• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, Is This Something I Really Needed to Be Aware Of????Here Is a

M
mistym
Ok, is this something I REALLY needed to be aware of????

Here is a Facebook message I got today from a customer:

"Thanks for dropping off the stuff today. That clock/timer is coming in handy prepping for this colonoscopy tomorrow. Have a better night than I'm having, please."

way way WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY TMI

blllerrgggghhhh

Misty

LOL, oh geez. But I know just what she is talking about. Yeah TMI from her and me both.

Hopefully it also made you laugh.

That is too funny! I can't believe someone posted that on FB for everyone to see! lol... Misty you just made my night! :D

She said a facebook message - hopefully it was a PM and not a wall post!!!!

Are we suppose to use facebook, myspace, etc. to discuss our business? I have been really careful not to mention PC by name on my blogs. I would love to be able to openly discuss it. I am not sure how secure they are even if you have everything as private.

I don't think she's using it to advertise...it is not quite like My Space...I think a customer just sent her a message on it saying "thanks for dropping my stuff off..." I didn't see PC mentioned at all in her comment...

Facebook is great for communicating with HS and college students! I actually use it to keep up with our summer staff and being secretary on our Fire Department, I use it for quick messages to the Treasurer because she is on there a lot with her kids...

But, no, we can't say "I sell Pampered Chef, Contact me" on there... We could say I love kitchen products and doing cooking shows...

Really? You can't say "I sell Pampered Chef"? I know you can't post links to your website, or sell things online, but I belong to another online group, and we often discuss what we do - it would be strange if I didn't mention what I do - I'm not doing it trolling for sales or anything - but it does come up in conversation occasionally. (and one lady is doing a Catalog show w/ me in May).

Also - just a little giggle - I used my timer to time my contractions when I was pregnant!:D Worked great, and I'l often mention that at shows as an alternate use for the timer.!

ChefBeckyD said:
Really? You can't say "I sell Pampered Chef"? I know you can't post links to your website, or sell things online, but I belong to another online group, and we often discuss what we do - it would be strange if I didn't mention what I do - I'm not doing it trolling for sales or anything - but it does come up in conversation occasionally. (and one lady is doing a Catalog show w/ me in May).

Also - just a little giggle - I used my timer to time my contractions when I was pregnant!:D Worked great, and I'l often mention that at shows as an alternate use for the timer.!

I think you could tell them if they ask, but not "post" it on your profile. That's what I was thinking of.

I was under the impression that we could say "I sell Pampered Chef" on MySpace as long as our profile was set to private. That way, only our friends could see it. I may be wrong, though. I don't really see that as advertising, but that's just my 2 cents.

We used the clock timer for my Contractions too!

I wish HO would clarify more. I just say I have a direct selling business and if you would like more information contact me and I will email you. I think I have said I sell kitchen tools and maybe even I do cooking shows. I am always very careful about following the rules.

1. What is the context of the Facebook message?

The context of the Facebook message is a customer thanking the scientist for dropping off a clock/timer and mentioning its usefulness in preparing for a medical procedure.

2. Why does the customer mention a colonoscopy?

The customer mentions a colonoscopy because they are using the clock/timer to help them prepare for the procedure.

3. Why does the customer consider the message to be too much information (TMI)?

The customer considers the message to be TMI because it includes details about their medical procedure and personal experience with it.

4. What is the scientist's reaction to the message?

The scientist's reaction is not explicitly stated in the message, but it can be assumed that they are surprised or uncomfortable with the level of detail shared by the customer.

5. What is the overall message that the scientist is trying to convey in sharing this Facebook message?

The scientist is trying to convey that they received a Facebook message from a customer that made them feel uncomfortable and was possibly too much information for them to handle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • LBurke
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
LBurke
  • babywings76