• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with DCB Limits: Did I Miss Something?

In summary, there has been a recent limit put in place on the number of Deep Covered Bakers (DCB) that can be submitted per show. This has caused frustration for some consultants who were not aware of the limit. Additionally, there have been emails from higher level consultants and directors advising against emphasizing the sale of DCBs due to their new status as a host exclusive item. This change was made in order to prevent a shortage of DCBs, but it seems that increased sales may still cause issues with supply. Selling products on social media is also not allowed.
imported_iteachurkid
I just got off the phone with the solution center for the third time today and am wondering if I missed something. Did you all know that there was a limit on the number of DCB we could submit per show? I do a 25% off sale the first two weeks of June (it's my summer sale and goes over really well) and the 25% off coupled with the DCB not available to customers after July 1st (for the time being) meant I sold a lot of bakers (20). I submitted it last night and this morning when I checked it was on hold. I called first thing and the girl said it was because I had gone over my quantity limit?!?! She called back and left me a message and said that it had to be sent to another department for them to approve it. I called back and talked to another guy and he said they were told a few days ago about a limit of 10 bakers per show. Maybe I missed something, but I've searched and can't find anything. Did you all receive anything? I'm frustrated, but know it will all be straight and shouldn't end up being a big deal, but don't impose a restriction and not tell us about it (maybe I missed it). Just wondering if I'm losing my mind here (which is completely possible being as that this is the last week of school :)).

I didn't hear that there was a limit. But I honestly didn't read everything thoroughly either.

I didn't hear about a limit but we got an email from our NED asking us not to emphasize selling them because they won't be available except as a host only item. She said that it is going to worsen the situation. This may sound worse typed than it is in my head so please don't take offence to it as I don't mean any.

cheftiffany said:
I didn't hear about a limit but we got an email from our NED asking us not to emphasize selling them because they won't be available except as a host only item. She said that it is going to worsen the situation. This may sound worse typed than it is in my head so please don't take offence to it as I don't mean any.

None taken :) I sent the email out on June 1st and had sold 9 bakers before the email came out on the 7th. I did put in my sale reminder email that the baker would not be available to customers as of July 1st, but I probably would have sold 15 of the 20 without saying that. Just wondering if I missed something about a limit...still waiting for my show to be "received" :)

I have seen so many posts of FB about the DCB not being available so *get 'em while they last* kinds of things...

Hmmm...I always sell 5-8 at a show (full price). I just submitted a $1600 show that I sold at least 10 at full price (maybe it was less?).

I am REALLY gonna miss that!!!!!!!

cheftiffany said:

I got the same type of email from my SED.
Leaders Team

I have seen several e-mails from consultants and directors of all levels to their customers about the urgency of purchasing the bakers now before they become a host only item. Increased sales were not the intention of the host exclusivity and Jean Jonas has asked that we communicate this to our teams. If there are increased amounts of the bakers ordered now, it will cause an additional problem being able to supply bakers for hosts. Just as a reminder, selling products on Facebook and other internet sites is absolutely not allowed.

The following email was crafted by Exec Directors Robin Anderson and Barb Duke. please forward this email on to your consultants. Thank you for your Leadership.

CRANBERRY DCB'S
Pampered Chef had to make the changes with the Deep Covered Baker due to the inability to be able to get enough of them. The change to a Host Exclusive product was made with the hopes of slowing down the sales of the product, not to have a huge surge in the sales of that item. In the event that too many orders come in for this product, it could create another problem, and the possibility of a further measure needing to be taken may happen, so I would encourage you not to send any further emails promoting the purchase of this item, and rather, to begin using this as a booking tool as it was intended to be. I believe this is an incredible opportunity for us to create lots of bookings this summer, which will not only give us an amazing summer selling season, but will also lead into a fabulous fall.

I definitely did not read anything about a limit.I did read a message from my upline asking not to promote it. As mentioned above, if we inundate them with a bunch of orders, we could potentially force a huge back order & possibly a stop-sell on the Cranberry ones too! ;)

Geez, I have always promoted it -- why would I stop now? I have always sold 5-8 per show (even with repeat guests who buy them for gifts). I am not going to tell them NOT to buy them....I have also had future bookings to get them as Host Items for July and August. It's my best selling item over $20.

jwpamp said:
Geez, I have always promoted it -- why would I stop now? I have always sold 5-8 per show (even with repeat guests who buy them for gifts). I am not going to tell them NOT to buy them....I have also had future bookings to get them as Host Items for July and August. It's my best selling item over $20.

Because they asked us to. If we keep promoting them as we always did they will never be able to catch up the inventory and make them available to everyone - and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cranberry DCB also ends up stop sell if the surge is as much as it sounds like it is. I also think that this will make them think twice about giving us a couple week's notice next time they need to slow down sales of something.

By making them host only it gives customers an opportunity to still get them during this time and promotes bookings for us. I would bet that PC will see a lot more $150 shows coming in with a DCB on it for the host because of it. I was really hoping that they'd be able to put it back as it was by Fall but now I'm not so sure they'll even be able to get the stock built up by Christmas.

ETA: Please don't take this post wrong. I'm just stating my opinion on why HO is upset about us promoting "get it while you can". Of course, I'm not telling people that they can't buy it now - HO said we can during June - I'm just worried that we all read the notice wrong. We were supposed to be booking shows for people to get it and not urging people to get theirs now. I guess we were supposed to change our approach with our remaining June shows.

bethcooks4u said:
Because they asked us to. If we keep promoting them as we always did they will never be able to catch up the inventory and make them available to everyone - and I wouldn't be surprised if the Cranberry DCB also ends up stop sell if the surge is as much as it sounds like it is. I also think that this will make them think twice about giving us a couple week's notice next time they need to slow down sales of something.

By making them host only it gives customers an opportunity to still get them during this time and promotes bookings for us. I would bet that PC will see a lot more $150 shows coming in with a DCB on it for the host because of it. I was really hoping that they'd be able to put it back as it was by Fall but now I'm not so sure they'll even be able to get the stock built up by Christmas.

ETA: Please don't take this post wrong. I'm just stating my opinion on why HO is upset about us promoting "get it while you can". Of course, I'm not telling people that they can't buy it now - HO said we can during June - I'm just worried that we all read the notice wrong. We were supposed to be booking shows for people to get it and not urging people to get theirs now. I guess we were supposed to change our approach with our remaining June shows.

And this morning, I got my mid-month newsletter to send from Myemaildesigns and the top news article is "Get it while you can!" regarding the DCB. Personally, at my 3 last shows, I sold 2-3 per show (avg. for me) and got 3 bookings per show - but not all were because they wanted the DCB. Now I'm considering it a challenge to have successful demoes, sales, and bookings w/o the DCB. I did it before the DCB, so why not now?!

At my Sat. Brunch Show, we made the Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad, (SO GOOD!) and people wanted the Grill Pan & Press, the SS Bowl Set, and the SS Colander Set. All three are great booking tools that I've missed because I've been so busy promoting the DCB! I'm encouraging and training my team now to use their other products as booking tools. I want them to know that they too can have a successful summer w/o the DCB as the centerpiece of their demo.

Chefbeckyd said:
At my Sat. Brunch Show, we made the Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad, (SO GOOD!) and people wanted the Grill Pan & Press, the SS Bowl Set, and the SS Colander Set. All three are great booking tools that I've missed because I've been so busy promoting the DCB! I'm encouraging and training my team now to use their other products as booking tools. I want them to know that they too can have a successful summer w/o the DCB as the centerpiece of their demo.

Thanks so much for sharing this!!!!!

Chefbeckyd said:
And this morning, I got my mid-month newsletter to send from Myemaildesigns and the top news article is "Get it while you can!" regarding the DCB. Personally, at my 3 last shows, I sold 2-3 per show (avg. for me) and got 3 bookings per show - but not all were because they wanted the DCB. Now I'm considering it a challenge to have successful demoes, sales, and bookings w/o the DCB. I did it before the DCB, so why not now?!

Perfect! These are the solutions we need to let our teams know that we are so much more than the DCB! And I would HATE to see the DCB on stop sell! I ran a promotion before the e-mail came out from Execs but I did not promote it from then on out. And I will change my e-mail design if that is what it says...someone should let Mike know (I am at work and can't). I only sold one with my promotion. I almost sold more but people were balking at the full price (I agreed to take 10% but $6.90 didn't bring it down enough).

jwpamp said:

I'm sorry! I didn't elaborate enough on my post. ;) They were asking us not to do the "get it while you can" promotion and bump up the number of how many we normally sell. Taking the regular amount of orders is fine, they just didn't want to see all the consultants slamming them with a crazy amount of orders all at once, for fear that it would cause a huge back order with the company and possibly force a stop-sell on the cranberry DCB as well.

Related to Frustrated with DCB Limits: Did I Miss Something?

1. What are DCB limits and why am I frustrated with them?

DCB stands for Direct Credit Balance and it refers to the amount of credit available on your account. Many customers become frustrated with DCB limits when they are unable to make a purchase or redeem a promotion due to insufficient credit.

2. How can I check my DCB limit?

You can check your DCB limit by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on the "My Account" tab. Your DCB limit will be displayed under the "Credit" section.

3. Why does my DCB limit decrease after I make a purchase?

Your DCB limit decreases after a purchase because the amount of credit you have available is reduced by the amount of the purchase. This is similar to how a credit card works.

4. How can I increase my DCB limit?

If you would like to increase your DCB limit, you can pay off any outstanding balance on your account. This will free up more credit for future purchases.

5. Is there a way to avoid running into DCB limits?

Yes, you can avoid running into DCB limits by making sure to pay off any outstanding balance on your account and keeping track of your available credit. You can also consider using multiple payment methods, such as a credit card or gift card, to avoid reaching your DCB limit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies