• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh Lord Have Mercy... No Passport!!

P
Pampered Laura
So my husband and I apply for our passport almost 4 months ago. I get mine 8 weeks later... his is not here. We get a phone call on Saturday morning saying that "there's a problem with the picture taken". He calls today, and apparently the picture the POST OFFICE took was "off center". OH.MY.GOD.

He went to Walgreens this morning and got another passport photo taken, and Overnight FedEx'd it to the passport office in Houston. Oh please oh please... we leave on TUESDAY of next week. Dear Lord. LOL :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh no! I'll say a prayer for it. You'd think they would have contacted you a little bit sooner than this. You applied with plenty of time to spare.

Hope it works out for you!

Is there any way they can expedite it?

Oh, Laura, I feel so bad for you. Would you maybe be able to switch to wave 2 if they don't get it back? I have all of my fingers and toes crossed for you!:(

You're not alone. I applied on 2/20 and mine is not here yet. I have been calling and hassling them all week - they say it "should" get here in time. I, too, leave on Tuesday -- yikes!

I had a terrible time with my name change, but got it all here last Friday. I had Fed Ex'd them the last stuff they needed to be rec'd by them last Monday, so you can see it still took til Fri to be rec'd by me. I know they are trying very hard to make sure nobody misses a trip. I think you should receive it by Monday.

Laura, I REALLY hope it comes!!!! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!!!

Paige-I'm glad to hear you finally got yours. Whew! Let's hope Laura has the same result.

Oh and Carolyn, too!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hurry up dang passports!!!

Last edited:
Laura, Call Travel Planners or whoever we are using. My sister and her family took a cruise to Mexico. They had applied for the kids passports back in January, but they weren't in when they took off a few weeks ago. Customs let them use a photo ID and birth certificate with the raised state emblem.

One passenger was not allowed because his emblem was from the hospital.

Apparently there has been a mad rush from everyone to get passports, they are back logged and are making exceptions for some travelers.

Good Luck!

What gets me is that my husband is a former US Marine. Like, hello? If anyone should be allowed to travel it's him. LOL
I'm sure it'll work out... I told him we can leave the country, we just may not be allowed back in. Haha!

Let us know how it works out!

Oh you know I will, I'll post pictures of me shoving my husband inside my suitcase to smuggle him on the plane with me ;)

Cheaper airfare
Pampered Laura said:
Oh you know I will, I'll post pictures of me shoving my husband inside my suitcase to smuggle him on the plane with me ;)

You know that may be a cheaper way to get him there! LOL

I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted!

Debbie :D

Yeah, especially now that they charge you if the case weighs more than 50 pounds.

Oh my. We got it TODAY. We leave on Tuesday morning. Woohoo!!!

Yea!!! What a pain!! Glad it worked out!

I'm so glad you got it... my sister had something similar happen, lost her passport, paid lots extra to have the new one expedited and it didn't make it on time. In the meantime she finds her passport but then had it confiscated by customs b/c it was reported missing (by her). She got home from her trip to find her passport waiting for her. (this was when they were switching over to requiring passports so she actually didn't have to have it)

Related to Oh Lord Have Mercy... No Passport!!

What is the issue with the passport process for this individual?

The issue is that the husband's passport was not received after almost 4 months of applying and there was a problem with the initial photo taken at the post office.

Why was there a problem with the initial photo taken?

The photo was "off center", meaning it did not meet the requirements set by the passport office.

What did the husband do to resolve the issue?

The husband went to Walgreens to have a new passport photo taken and overnighted it to the passport office in Houston.

What is the urgency for resolving this issue?

The urgency is that the individual and their husband are scheduled to leave on Tuesday of next week and they need the passport in order to travel.

What could potentially happen if the issue is not resolved in time?

If the issue is not resolved in time, the husband may not be able to join the individual on their trip as he would not have a valid passport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChef_ang
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChef_ang
Replies
Views
dkitten13
Replies
Views
Admin Greg