• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Notes for Graditude Recruiting?

self-confidence from the conditional positive. This class was really helpful in understanding the difference between the two and how to build both.I thought it was really good for dealing with my downline in this respect too.Hmm, I'm with Becky.I was in the first workshop and don't really remember a big sales pitch. I didn't necessarily take lots of notes, though. What I got out of the class was mostly looking inside myself and evaluating my perceptions.One thing that really stood out for me:We often hear self-esteem and self-confidence used interchangeably. They're different. Self-esteem comes from the unconditional positive...self-confidence from the conditional positive
mrssyvo
I am looking for anyone who took Graditude Recruiting, and took good notes. I heard it was a fantastic workstop, and I really wish I had taken it. It sounds like info I need. Please post your notes when you can, or E-mail them to me at [email protected]. TIA

Interesting - I was thinking of this today and thinking to start a conversation thread on it...My notes aren't typed up but maybe someone has already done that with theirs.I will start a thread later on discussion because it was a good class.

janetupnorth said:
Interesting - I was thinking of this today and thinking to start a conversation thread on it...

My notes aren't typed up but maybe someone has already done that with theirs.

I will start a thread later on discussion because it was a good class.

Yes - I don't have notes typed up....I don't take good notes.

But this class was so worth it!

And a piece of advice for those who are going to conference next year (advice my director gave me!)

ALWAYS take the Workshop led by the Guest Presenter.

All of the others will be available to us on Supply - but the Guest Speaker is a one-time deal! (And almost always worth going to!)

Personally, I was underwhelmed by Pat Pearson's workshop. Maybe by reading someone else's notes I'll feel differently.

I liked the class, too. I'm still on vacation and haven't typed up my notes yet...

Deb, my recruiter was not impressed with the class either; I guess you either liked it or you didn't... :rolleyes:

DebbieJ said:
Personally, I was underwhelmed by Pat Pearson's workshop. Maybe by reading someone else's notes I'll feel differently.
I was underwhelmed by her presentation and didn't like the sales pitch. However, when I thought about the concepts she presented and what holds people back then it seemed like a VERY good session.I think it will be more useful for me in the future as I deal with different consultants and build a team to deal with their roadblocks.Guess I'm focused on the positive! :)

Last edited:
I also think it had its pros & cons. I thought she made some good points but felt like it was an informercial for her products at the end. I didn't take many notes and neither did my director. We just weren't real impressed.

DebbieJ said:

I'm with ya there....she was okay, but I prefer Belinda or Lyn Conway more. I got tired of listening to her sales pitch for her books.

She really focused on the "others" in your life that sabotage your success. I appreciated her visualization activity because it opened my eyes to the fact that my support systems are supporting me. I am the one sabotaging myself. My notes are fairly personal, but I will try to get them typed up and send them out.

I wonder if her sales pitch got more intense in later sessions?

I was in the first session of first wave, and I don't really remember much of a sales pitch at all......hmmmmm

ChefBeckyD said:
I wonder if her sales pitch got more intense in later sessions?

I was in the first session of first wave, and I don't really remember much of a sales pitch at all......hmmmmm

3rd session (2nd class on 2nd day) and I thought it was too much...get people in an emotional state dealing with past issues, then pull out the slip and tell them they need the stuff...plus she had some other wording that I thought was quite psychological - don't remember it exactly except for the fact it made me file her order sheet directly in my bag.

Overall though, I really thought it was good. It gave me a good way to help see past how we sabotage ourselves...

janetupnorth said:
3rd session (2nd class on 2nd day) and I thought it was too much...get people in an emotional state dealing with past issues, then pull out the slip and tell them they need the stuff...plus she had some other wording that I thought was quite psychological - don't remember it exactly except for the fact it made me file her order sheet directly in my bag.

Overall though, I really thought it was good. It gave me a good way to help see past how we sabotage ourselves...

I thought it was really good for dealing with my downline in this respect too.

Hmm, I'm with Becky. I was in the first workshop and don't really remember a big sales pitch. I didn't necessarily take lots of notes, though. What I got out of the class was mostly looking inside myself and evaluating my perceptions.One thing that really stood out for me:We often hear self-esteem and self-confidence used interchangeably. They're different. Self-esteem comes from the unconditional positive messages we get that justify our existence as a human being. Self-confidence comes from the conditional positive feedback we get from what we do. Someone can have great self-esteem (feel great about themselves as a person) but low self-confidence (fearful of failing at specific tasks). Others (like myself, for instance) can have great self-confidence (feel great about their ability to do stuff) but low self-esteem (fearful that they don't measure up as a person). That was huge for me.

Hated it. First time I ever walked out of a workshop!

I talked with several people who took this one and they either loved it or hated it. Personally, I thought it was a little too much of a "touchy-feely" therapy session.

I liked it, although part of her sales pitch was a little much. The part where she mentioned, "You could win your entire order free, but if you don't win you can't take anything off and are committing to purchase everything you mark." It made me wonder if they were going to purposely pick someone who had a small order.There were aspects to the workshop that I really needed to hear, that actually related to some things I had figured out abut myself.LOVED the pumpkin pie story, though! What a great analogy for recruiting.

There were a few of us thinking of ordering, however as soon as she said "if you're that 2% you'll order" or something like that we all put our order forms away. It was pretty good, but I didn't like the way it ended at all!

pamperedlinda said:
Hated it. First time I ever walked out of a workshop!

I talked with several people who took this one and they either loved it or hated it. Personally, I thought it was a little too much of a "touchy-feely" therapy session.

I left with Linda. It just was not what I expected.

chefann said:
I liked it, although part of her sales pitch was a little much. The part where she mentioned, "You could win your entire order free, but if you don't win you can't take anything off and are committing to purchase everything you mark." It made me wonder if they were going to purposely pick someone who had a small order.

There were aspects to the workshop that I really needed to hear, that actually related to some things I had figured out abut myself.

LOVED the pumpkin pie story, though! What a great analogy for recruiting.

What was this? Can you share it with us, please?

I was in the first session of Gratitude Recruiting. Still can't figure why the name fit the talk, but I did like it and learned a few things. She only mentioned purchasing her products at the very end. She mentioned her book a couple times in her talk, but it seemed very appropriate and not pushy.

pampered.chris said:
What was this? Can you share it with us, please?

The short version is:
Imagine you come to my house for Thanksgiving dinner. You eat the best dinner you've ever had, and right at the end of the meal, along comes my Aunt Millie with the best looking piece of pumpkin pie you've ever seen. She asks if you want it, but you tell her that you're full. She says she'll wrap it up and put it in the fridge.
Two days later, you're back at my house and remember the pie. You get it out, and it really is the best piece of pie you've ever had.

Same with recruiting. Sometimes people really are too full, but if you wait 2 days (a couple of months), the timing will be right.

I thought of another thing Pat Pearson said that helped me. It probably is "touchy feely", but it was what I needed to hear. Basically, she said we should spend more time on making ourselves better people than on acquiring skills. 60-80% of time on improving self (not sure of her actual wording) and 20-40% time on skill acquisition. I'm not sure what time she means, probably the time you use for any kind of self improvement be it learning to recruit or sell and reading self help books and exercising. I don't know, but it hit me because I ignore touchy feely things quite often. I'd rather spend time learning to sell and recruit than learning why I have issues with calling people because I hate hearing "no".

1. What is "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting"?

"Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" is a program designed to help recruiters and hiring managers express their appreciation and gratitude to job candidates throughout the recruiting process. It encourages the use of handwritten thank-you notes, personalized emails, and other forms of acknowledgement to show candidates that they are valued and appreciated.

2. How can "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" benefit my company?

"Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" can benefit your company by creating a positive candidate experience, building a strong employer brand, and increasing the likelihood of attracting and retaining top talent. It can also improve the overall morale and satisfaction of your current employees, as they will feel appreciated and valued by their employer.

3. Are handwritten thank-you notes still relevant in today's digital age?

Yes, handwritten thank-you notes are still relevant and can have a significant impact on candidates. In fact, in a digital world where most communication is done through email or text, a handwritten note can make a candidate feel valued and stand out among other job offers. It shows a personal touch and effort on the part of the recruiter, which can leave a lasting impression.

4. How can I incorporate "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" into my recruiting process?

You can incorporate "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" into your recruiting process by setting a goal to send a certain number of thank-you notes per week, including a thank-you note as part of your candidate rejection process, or by having a designated team member responsible for sending out notes on behalf of the company. You can also provide training and resources for your recruiters and hiring managers on the importance of expressing gratitude during the recruiting process.

5. Can "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" be used for all types of job positions?

Yes, "Notes for Gratitude Recruiting" can be used for all types of job positions. Whether you are hiring for entry-level positions or executive roles, expressing gratitude and appreciation should be a part of your recruiting process. Every candidate deserves to feel valued and appreciated, regardless of the job level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trish in Texas
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
thebowman
  • byrd1956