• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Cook Dishes: Ideas for Easy Weeknight Meals & More

I'm thinking a sink, some pots and pans, and a cutting board and knife. I would do the cooking demonstration, and then the host would reimburse me for the groceries. That way, the host would get the demo experience, and the customer would get a delicious home cooked meal. That would be a popular show for me.Yep. I mainly rinsed them with really hot water. I washed them completely when I got home. I used soap on the one that needes it buy since I rinsed them immediately it was not trouble. And I just dried then with a towel. I did not have to scrub them when I got home either since they we already rinsed - I am bad at not doing
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Hey guys,

After much thought and debate I have finally decided to start offering no-cook shows. At first, I am going to feature these for my weeknight shows. Or I might just ask my hosts what they want. However, I do know that some hosts need direction. I want to develop a good number to introduce. What I am asking of you, those of you who do not cook at your shows, is what you make for your guests? Which recipes would you use for the following themes? What do you do ahead of time and when do you have the host reimburse you for the groceries?

Themes:
Easy Weeknight Meals - (basically main dish)
Chocolate Bliss - (please include for a warm dessert, too)
Bites & Bevs
Margaritaville
Hide the Turkey
Any others not mentioned here.

I have done this twice and want to continue doing it. I give the host the choice.

When I did a no demo. I cooked the recipe at the host house. Had the host buy everything as I normally would do. I picked a recipe that was quick to fix. I did the Jerk Nachos one time and the Asain Pork Skillet with Garlic Bites the other time. Then when I started my show I went over and showed the products that I used to make the recipe and told them all about it and what it would do.

So you cook the demo then wash the dishes before the guests arrive? (i'm not being condescending, just asking)

Chef Kearns said:
So you cook the demo then wash the dishes before the guests arrive? (i'm not being condescending, just asking)

No condescending taken at all!!!:D

Yep. I mainly rinsed them with really hot water. I washed them completely when I got home. I used soap on the one that needes it buy since I rinsed them immediately it was not trouble. And I just dried then with a towel. I did not have to scrub them when I got home either since they we already rinsed - I am bad at not doing that at my shows and then having to soak and scrub when I get home. HA!

I did a no demo for my last show.... which was on a Saturday. I cooked the recipe right before I left for the show. (It was batter bowl brownies as I was doing the Holiday show). I will continue to do my show this way. My sales were up and I also asked all the guests in attendance if they liked the no demo. All liked it and they all had been to a PC show before. I personally think when I demo I concentrate too much on what I am doing for the recipe and the customers also stop me to ask me questions about the recipe and not the products I am using. With no demo I got more questions on the products and I could also explain more. When I got to the stoneware, I explained the recipe as it was cooked in the rectangle baker.

Typically I ask the host to reimburse me when I ask for payment for her order. I didn't with this show as I had told the host that if she gave me 40 names on her guest list I would purchase the ingredients.

Hope this helps. :)

Here's a thread where I answer several questions about my no-cooking demo. I've been doing this for almost 2 years. I do offer regular cooking shows, but the vast majority of my hosts choose the Walk through the Catalog.http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you Rae, I've been forgetting to check this thread :p

When you guys were talking about it before I never read it because I said, "well that doesn't apply to me, I cook at my shows and I LIKE cooking at my shows." Oh well. You are constantly learning in this business!

That's right. Who knows? A year from now I may be doing mostly big banquets, making three scrumptious recipes right before their eyes.

It's a little low this month--$540, I think. Generally it's between $575 and $600. Keep in mind that I'm in a very rural, very frugal area. I've got lots of repeat customers who order $20 - $30 at a time to fit things into their budgets.

My mom gave me a great idea for a no-demo show. What about getting together with the host the night before and lending her all the tools to create the dish. She still buys the ingredients, plus she gets to try out all the great products! Then, she can help you sell by telling everyone how easy it was for her to create what they are eating. Not sure how well this will work, but I think I might try it.

Sounds like it would be worth a try.

No Demo!!I did this for a show yesturday and everyone loved it. I got 2 bookings and both ladies said they were booking because I didn't do a demo:)

Related to No-Cook Dishes: Ideas for Easy Weeknight Meals & More

1. What are some examples of no-cook dishes?

Some examples of no-cook dishes include salads, sandwiches, cold soups, sushi rolls, and fruit and cheese platters.

2. Are there any no-cook options for main dishes?

Yes, there are many no-cook options for main dishes such as cold pasta salads, wraps, and tartines.

3. Can you provide some ideas for no-cook meals that are also healthy?

Absolutely! Some healthy no-cook meal ideas include veggie-packed wraps, quinoa and vegetable bowls, and fruit and yogurt parfaits.

4. Do you have any suggestions for no-cook dishes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, there are many kid-friendly no-cook dishes such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruit skewers, and cold pasta salads with fun-shaped noodles.

5. Can you recommend some no-cook appetizers for a party or gathering?

For a party or gathering, you can try making bruschetta, hummus and vegetable platters, and deviled eggs as no-cook appetizer options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • lterman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies