• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Pampered Chef Bags - Anyone Else Dislike Them?!?!?!

In summary, the new bags from H.O. are not as good as the old white bags. They are nice, but do not expand and don't hold as much product. The sides of the bags should be more pronounced so that larger items can fit in them. Additionally, the bags should be
ChefinHarmony
Hi all! I've had so many complaints about the new bags from customers. I experienced it myself the first time helping my sister sort through her shows. The new bags look nice, but they are terrible in my opinion! They don't expand like the old white bags. She had a guest who ordered the Round Baker and Round Lid. We had to use two bags becuase when we put the round baker in the bag, nothing else would fit! The sides are straight and don't give. What do you all think about them? I think it was neat that we could see the guest's receipt/name through the bag, but we ran out of them quickly. Just venting.... I sent a message to HO complaining about them not expanding like the white ones. I loved those bags - they were so strong and held so much product! Thanks for listening!!

Joanne
:cool:

I like them - how they're clear and nice looking...but since they have no "give" in them, I do think they need to have larger sizes - they need bags to accomodate the larger items.

I agree with them not giving but would they be as strong if they gave? I would suggest that they made one size bigger, and have three sizes, or just do away with the medium size. It would be much easier.

BTW, I received an order and you know how when you have a bunch of small tools they will put them in a bag. The other day i received an order and there was a bag in there that was smaller than the smallest bag we have now but it had pampered chef on it. This has only happened with one order, but the bags were neat.

bagsI like them since they are nicer than the old ones BUT they dont fit anything that is square! I had a customer buy the rice cooker plus (that cake recipe idea really sold her!), the chillzanne rectangle server and the large bar pan...... she walked out of here with 2 bags and rice cooker without! Since she said that she didnt want to use MORE bags! She appreciated the idea, but she would just rather take them in the boxes!

So they are nice, and it is nice to see the receipt through them, but we do need one more size added to it!

jmedeiros said:
I like them since they are nicer than the old ones BUT they dont fit anything that is square! I had a customer buy the rice cooker plus (that cake recipe idea really sold her!), the chillzanne rectangle server and the large bar pan...... she walked out of here with 2 bags and rice cooker without! Since she said that she didnt want to use MORE bags! She appreciated the idea, but she would just rather take them in the boxes!

So they are nice, and it is nice to see the receipt through them, but we do need one more size added to it!

I agree!! They dont fit anything.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I love the new bags. I haven't had any trouble getting things to fit....other than what wouldn't fit in the old bags either.

I think the bags are pretty and I think it makes a better presentation to the customer but I sometimes have a few customers buy a few small items and the small bag is so big for it and then I have the other customers get larger products and it doesn't fit in the large bags. They do need to have the bags explan on the sides and have different sizes(4 sizes), make them pretty cheap for us to buy (3 for .75 or 3 for $1 - I think is too much) still send us some with the order but let us be able to buy extra at a more reasonable price.

sorry if I sound cheap.
sorry also for my spelling

Thanks for listening

Yeah, they are nice to look at and I like the new smaller size for the smaller orders, but that's about it. I really had some trouble last month with the woven selections being the hostess special. I had lots of past hostess' cashing in on the baskets at the person's show that booked off them, and it's hard to fit much else in those bags once you get a basket in there!

I also had the same problem with a rice cooker. I like to never squeezed it in the bag with the rest of the order.

Glad to hear it's not just me & my customers! I wonder why they didn't think of the "expanding" part - they are so flat. Did anyone else or is anyone else going to give feedback to HO? I'm going to check with my Director and those who attended conference to see if that was mentioned at all.
Thanks again!!
Joanne

I have not had any complaints about the new bags. My customers really like the new bags. I have heard only positive comments from my hosts/customers about the bags.

I love the new bags! I had a catalog show which was really just $1150 worth of gifts, and I offered to separate them and "gift bag" them for the "host". The bags looked great! I had two separate types of gifts: One was the bamboo carving board, the other was the Fiesta Gift Set (from a gift set flyer on here). I added tissue paper, wrapped the entire bag with a bow, and added a tag with each receipent's name. They were so easy and they looked really professional!

It made me think: Whenever I buy something at my hair salon, they gift bag it so pretty that I feel like I'm getting a gift. It wouldn't be a bad idea for PC to go one step further and package the products the same way. I think it would really make us stand above the other direct marketing companies.

i have not had any problems with them except they will not hold more than one large item. That is just me personally I have not had a host complain about them. I have used the smaller one to carry some of my catalogs and my date book around with me.

I just don't put the larger items in the bag. I just put the smaller items in the bags, and the larger under the bag as their "pile". No one has complained to me yet about not having the larger items in a bag. At the grocery store they don't put my huge box of diapers in a bag, so why should I have to jam large products into a bag? Collect the littler things, and leave the bigger things out! I doubt anyone will complain, and if they do politely say that we are working on it! (While thinking they should get a life!)

I like the bags but they don't hold heavy things very well. I had a lady order 6 boxes of the pizza dough and I had to double bag the bags because when I picked up the single bag, the handles broke! The older ones were more sturdy.

Before they discontinued the old bags, I stocked up. I have an entire shelf full of old bags. I give all my hosts one pkg at their show and explain about the new bags. I have been getting lots of complaints and this seems to keep that number low. :)
I like the new bags, but the HO definately needs to put an XL bag into production and que it into the box when someone orders Chillzanne Sectional, larger stones or cookware! :(
Glad I'm not the only one.

I've also found that they don't always give enough large bags or enough small bags. I too wish there were more sizes available and that they would cost us less. I think the price they have on them for us is way too high. JMHO

Related to New Pampered Chef Bags - Anyone Else Dislike Them?!?!?!

1. Why did Pampered Chef change their bags?

Due to customer feedback and the company's commitment to sustainability, Pampered Chef made the decision to switch to a more eco-friendly bag material.

2. Are the new bags still durable enough for transporting Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the new bags are still designed to hold and protect your Pampered Chef products during transportation, while also being environmentally responsible.

3. Are the new bags smaller than the old ones?

The new bags may appear smaller because they do not have the same rigid structure as the previous bags. However, they are still designed to hold the same amount of products.

4. Can the new bags be recycled?

Yes, the new bags are made from a recyclable material and can be recycled through most curbside recycling programs.

5. Can I still purchase the old bags?

No, the old bags are no longer being produced. However, the new bags are designed to be more versatile and can be used for multiple purposes, making them a more sustainable option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • J.Corley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • krzymomof4