• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Director, Now What? Tips and Ideas from Experienced Directors

really pushy and then don't want anything to do with me afterwards. It's like they are trying to scam me. I feel like I need to reach out to them more but I'm scared of what they will say.It sounds like you are handling the situation well so far. You should reach out to them and tell them how you feel.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Ok. I just promoted...today. NOW WHAT? I asked my Director "What now?" and she said I'm already doing a great job with staying in contact with my consultants, etc.etc.

What all do I need to be doing? I feel like I should feel different. Maybe I will after I get the home office call or walk the stage. How often should I do a newsletter? How often should I be contacting my downline? I don't want to sound like a nag or anything to them. Before I promoted, I sent a letter (e-mail) to all of them stating how I am there for them and that I want to be a good Director for them and what I needed from them at that time to help me reach my goal of Directorship. I do know now I will have to start doing monthly recognition. (Kinda scared about this one.) I will also have to have giveaways for the meeting as well. Feels kind of weird and will be strange going to my next meeting as a Director as I will be the one that is supposed to know everything. My Director was always including me in planning meetings and speaking about things at the meetings as well so I'm used to that. Just being weird here I guess. Those that have made Director do you have some tips/ideas/help to give? Thanks so much.

Sharon - when you get your director paperwork you will get the Leadership Handbook and the Guide to Supporting New Consultants. Read the whole Leadership Handbook and put the action items into play. Use the calls and the Cook and Book in the Guide to Supporting New Consultants - I'm actually starting the calls with all my consultants (even the seasoned ones) next week. You will also be in charge of their recognition, newsletters, and meetings if you aren't going to stay with your director on the meetings. I suggest you do until she kicks you out.Set up time in your day to work on your personal business first. Then set up time to work with your downline.

Well, luckily I don't think my Director would kick me out. It would break my heart to leave them as she is like family. Been with them for 81/2 years and her other Director who has been about 11years still comes to the meetings as well. I like to hear other people's ideas too much that I would hate to have to think of EVERYTHINg myself. Plus don't think enough of my people come to meetings quite yet to even think about breaking off. Maybe if my team grows that they can't all fit...LOL

Thanks for all the advice. Didn't realize they sent me paperwork as well. Guess I am just jumping ahead of myself as usual. I am over anxious and extremely tired too. Was up way too late submitting shows and seeing if my recruits did theres as well. Then I got to celebrate and was too hyper to go to sleep. Didn't go over well as I work at a school and today was the last day (half day at least)

When I said kick you out, I meant making you hold your own meetings but still always be invited to hers. My direct director is a NED and her meetings can get pretty packed.

no I knew what you meant. I have actually had a small meeting with my newbies and made it a New Consultant Workshop. I felt very good about doing it all by myself. I made the Wilted Spinach Salad with Candied Pepper Bacon (back of Season's best) and my 3 girls that came and I gobbled it all and I think it was supposed to be like 8 servings or so. The meeting was going to go from 7-9pm and they got so much out of it they stayed til about 10:30.

I know what you are going through, it took me about a year to figure out how I was going to be a director. I think the number one thing you can do at this point is keep focused on your business still. You can only do so much for your team members, and your business has to remain number one. You will get the hang of it, and it will probably feel more offical after you get your call, and walk the stage. Actually I take that back, for me it really hit when the UPS truck showed up! Congrats and enjoy!

I get so frustrated with some of my cluster. Some of them tend to drop off of the face of the earth and won't return calls. Then all of a sudden they turn a show in or call me when they are having a problem. My Director said it is actually good when they call you. I tend to call them more. Maybe because I have been so focused on promoting I wanted to "be sure" they are still around and stuff. I need to TRY to call them maybe once a week. Is that too often/too few? I have REALLY been focusing on my sales. I have already earned Level 1 and REALLY REALLY want the Cruise. Never been on one. If I can keep recruiting and doing the kind of sales I have been doing I should be able to reach it! I am on track now. After I get my 3,000 pts. for promoting and the other 2,000 for my recruit qualifying that'll get me up to about 30,000 pts. I will be right on track for it plus some.

Too bad no UPS but at least someone will be delivering my new goodies when they come out!

Congratulations, Sharon!! I have no advice, as I'm not a Director, but I did want to offer you a pat on the back!

Actually you will be seeing the Fedex truck soon. I didn't know this, and you may not either, but they will be delivering to you the entire directors set of Spring/Summer products too!

As far as staying in contact. I would call new people and people that are working consistantly every week. The others once a month. I tell people that I will match their energy with my time. I think it is important to remember, so you aren't working harder at their business than they are. And, you can't change your people, so change your people. Just keep recruiting!

MomToEli said:
Congratulations, Sharon!! I have no advice, as I'm not a Director, but I did want to offer you a pat on the back!

THANK YOU! YOU ARE SO SWEET!

ShanaSmith said:
Actually you will be seeing the Fedex truck soon. I didn't know this, and you may not either, but they will be delivering to you the entire directors set of Spring/Summer products too!

As far as staying in contact. I would call new people and people that are working consistantly every week. The others once a month. I tell people that I will match their energy with my time. I think it is important to remember, so you aren't working harder at their business than they are. And, you can't change your people, so change your people. Just keep recruiting!
Thanks it is sooooo true! Just wish they could all be motivated and see how great this business really is. Should have another sign by the 15th!:)
I was listening to a CD in the car, the one with Beth Pererra. I think it was "Recruiting with the Stars" and she said the same thing. "If you promote a couple months or so before the NEXT new products come out you will get the previous Sample packages too!" I wasn't sure how acurate that was. I guess I have to wait until PC actually gives me "the call" and it shows in their side that I'm a Director.

Is there another new director in your cluster that you could pair up with and hold joint meetings? My director and her good friend do this. They've also asked a third director to join us with her cluster. It's cool because you not only meet with your own cluster, but you make friends with the others. And as directors, they can bounce ideas off the others. My director has been one for about 3 years and the other about 8 so she's been kind of a mentor. In fact, I would hate for them to break up the "family" because we have so much fun. Take the good ideas from your own director that were used on you to motivate and use them on your downline. Take the OK ideas and improve them to suit your personality. Don't lose touch with your downline. Use the Director's Loop extensively for ideas. Good luck and have fun.

JackieBozeman said:
Is there another new director in your cluster that you could pair up with and hold joint meetings? My director and her good friend do this. They've also asked a third director to join us with her cluster. It's cool because you not only meet with your own cluster, but you make friends with the others. And as directors, they can bounce ideas off the others. My director has been one for about 3 years and the other about 8 so she's been kind of a mentor. In fact, I would hate for them to break up the "family" because we have so much fun. Take the good ideas from your own director that were used on you to motivate and use them on your downline. Take the OK ideas and improve them to suit your personality. Don't lose touch with your downline. Use the Director's Loop extensively for ideas. Good luck and have fun.
We meet at my Director's house with a sister Director and her cluster, my upline (Grandma) Director and her cluster and another lady with hers. Tell me about the Director's Loop. I have heard of it but how do I get on it?

The Directors Dish is a yahoo group.I totally forgot NEW DIRECTOR ACADEMY!!! I just went a few weekends ago and it has completely changed the way I look at my cluster and my personal business! Find one and go! Don't go to the Director Training Day yet. You have a limited time to do NDA, but DTD is available always.

cmdtrgd said:
The Directors Dish is a yahoo group.

I totally forgot NEW DIRECTOR ACADEMY!!! I just went a few weekends ago and it has completely changed the way I look at my cluster and my personal business! Find one and go! Don't go to the Director Training Day yet. You have a limited time to do NDA, but DTD is available always.

They are having one here in Dallas (for both) but plan on just doing the New Director Academy. It's in August which is good since it is a month or so after Conference. I can't wait!

There are CD's on supply order for cluster meeting ideas.
Also, at conference take a cluster meeting class, they are great.
I don't have my Director here, to help me, with ideas.
So, whenever I attend conference or leadership, I ask other Directors what they do at the meetings, training etc.
You are doing the best, by asking the board for ideas.
Congrats on promoting!!
Jane

What is the first step to take after becoming a New Director at Pampered Chef?

After becoming a New Director at Pampered Chef, the first step is to attend the New Director Training offered by the company. This training will provide you with valuable information and resources to help you succeed in your new role.

What support and resources are available to New Directors at Pampered Chef?

As a New Director, you will have access to a dedicated Director Development Manager who will provide you with one-on-one coaching and support. Additionally, there are online training courses, leadership meetings, and other resources available to help you grow your business.

How can I grow my team as a New Director at Pampered Chef?

One of the best ways to grow your team as a New Director is to attend and host recruiting events, such as Pampered Chef parties and virtual events. You can also reach out to your friends and family and ask for referrals. Utilizing social media and networking can also help you connect with potential team members.

What are the key responsibilities of a New Director at Pampered Chef?

As a New Director, your main responsibility is to lead and support your team of consultants. This includes providing training, coaching, and motivation to help them achieve their goals. You will also be responsible for recruiting new team members and promoting the Pampered Chef brand.

What are some tips for balancing my personal and business life as a New Director?

Balancing your personal and business life can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and set boundaries. Schedule specific times for work and family time, and try to stick to a consistent schedule. Also, delegate tasks and responsibilities to your team members to help alleviate some of the workload.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Momafour
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • PamperedK