• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for a Kick-Butt Show

In summary, the show this Sunday is a cold stone creamery show with ideas for an exciting and fun show. The first show was with an Amazing Race idea and the guests had a lot of fun making food. The second show was with a traditional show but was a bit boring. The saving grace was it was a chocolate show. Any ideas for a 2nd bday surprise recipe?
4kids4me
My show this Sunday is a cold stone creamery show. I really need ideas to make my show exciting and fun so that I get great sales, bookings, and a recruit would be really nice, too. I've looked at outlines in files and on the thread in this category already. I need something to really pump them up, kwim? One advantage I have is it's the hostess' birthday. Any ideas what I can do to surprise her? I thought of doing a microwave cake, but havne't had too much success yet - and if I practice anymore I'm not going to fit into my clothes anymore! (Is there a weight loss group for PC consultants, cuz I need it!)

My first show was an Amazing Race and the guests had a great time, and my sales were $1235!!! But this host isn't interested in that. Go figure! My second show was close to $800 without an amazing race - that was a traditional show, but I felt it was kind of boring. They just sat there and watched me, and then ate. It's what my hostess requested, but I thought it was boring. My saving grace was it was a chocolate show, so at least they were in a good mood, lol!

Any games that you've gotten a good response from? Something to get them up and moving and hopefully using/talking about products??

Anxious for your ideas and guidance on this one. I"m striving to get my mid-season products! :) Thank you!

What do yo umean by an Amazing Race show and a Coldstone Creamery show?

Original woman that I am, I found all these ideas in the files here. With the amazing race show, I split the guests into 2 teams. I had directions written out, step by step on separate pieces of paper, in sealed envelopes for each time. They made Peanutty Brownie Pizza and the Chicken Squares. They coudln't open the next envelope til the completed the task in the present envelope. Some envelopes also contained things like, "Stand on a chair and yell out 3 reasons you want to host a show" or "Tell / show everyone what the hostess and guest specials are this month" or "Tell everyone 3 reasons you shoudl own a stone". Stuff like that. I think each time had 2 of those mixed in. I had prizes for the winning team - they chose between the spatula or the whipper, and I just added it on the hostess' order and paid as "consultant gift". It was FUN, the girls loved using the tools, and made the party fly by! It also got a lot of conversation going about the tools. After it was over and they were eating, each guest talked about a tool they liked or hadn't used before and it made for great discussion!

This weekend I"m making cold stone creamery ice cream for them - the recipes are in the files, and they look YUMMY! I'm making the strawberry one tonight for my family, but I"m using angel food cake and frozen yogurt. :)

I've done both of those themes before. They are alot of fun!! Good luck.

With the Cold Stone Show a good surprise second recipe could be the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake or the (I don't remember the real name) Molten Chocolate cake (SB 06 fall I think). Both of those are yum-yum-yummy and quick and easy to do. Just mix and bake the cake basically.

You are having great shows!! Keep up the good work!

I found the recipe for molten chocolate cake, but it bakes for a while, and uses the 12" skillet that I don't have. i WISH I had it, lol! Someday soon....

any other ideas for a 2nd bday surprise recipe?

If you have the Fluted Pan you could either do a microwave cake or a cake in the oven. You could do the Strawberry Cheesecake cake in the fluted pan to highlight next month's HWC products and campaign.

Chef Kearns said:
If you have the Fluted Pan you could either do a microwave cake or a cake in the oven. You could do the Strawberry Cheesecake cake in the fluted pan to highlight next month's HWC products and campaign.
GREAT idea to tie in next month and talk about bookings. Thanks! Sounds yummy, too! :)

Oh, how about the ice cream sandwich torte? It's from a couple of seasons ago, but it's pretty quick to put together, goes along with the ice cream and looks like a birthday cake.

Or, there's this one...
Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake
Ingredients:
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs 1/2 cup water
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries
Whipped topping (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of Baker.
3. Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.
4. Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge; drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings

I would have it already done and use the plate art to decorate it with powdered sugar or cocoa. That would be the only part I'd demo, but you could talk about a lot with it.

oh that sounds really good!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, looks SO good! I'll have to check out the torte, too. I remember seeing that on CC when we were looking at doing the ice cream pie.

let me know if you need that one too.

Thx, found it. :) I'm going to practice the cold stone recipe after lunch, and torte after dinner. The torte sounds much easier than the others, lol. We're all sick here with colds - all 6 of us - so feeling pretty lazy!

HI! I have made the Torte a bunch for bdays and even shows....super easy, cheap and pretty! You can put sprinkles or anything on top of the cool whip. If you want to use your microplane you can add a few choc chips into the little holder thing on top and grate your chips over the torte for a pretty choc. dusting! Good luck!

And you can prepare and serve it on your Chillzanne Rectangle Server (the torte, that is).

OH! I hadn't thought of using the Chillzanne Rect! You are GENIUS! I'm putting it in the freezer right now! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had forgotten about this one. It uses the family skillet is the only thing. When you get yours, you really must try it! Sooooooooo very good and easy!

Double Fudge Tart
1 8x8 Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
1 9x13 Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Place in 12 inch Family Skillet WITH lid. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool. Go around edge with Skinny Scraper and invert onto platter. Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with glaze.

Glaze:
1/2 pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 container Cool Whip, thawed
Microwave until creamy. This glaze can be used as a hot fondue, cool fondue, glaze over cakes/brownies or can be stirred into coffee. (yum!)

So, 4kids4me, how did it go? what did you end up making? and how were the sales?

I had a lot of fun, I felt my presentation went really well, they enjoyed the games and it seemed to go GREAT! THey were very chatty, but at least they were on topic. There were 6 ladies and 4 men (who were supposed to be watching the kids). None of the men ordered and the show closed at $300. The hostess only ordered $30 in commissionable sales. I am so down and disappointed. I have no idea where I went wrong. Oh, and no bookings either! :( I am really discouraged because I really badly want to earn the mid season products and so far I have $370 towards that, a show Thursday (no idea who many to expect as it's with my dd's preschool and I don't have the #s of any of the moms) and a long distance catalog show closing Friday. I had a show on 3/11 that I submitted on 3/20, but apparently it doesn't count towards this which stinks because it was a $400 show! So really discouraged. Seems like I've been doing worse with every show - seriously each show (I've only had 4 now) has less and less sales. What is up? What am I doing wrong? Wahhhhhh!

Thx for listening!

Good ideas everyone! I just survived my first cooking show today. Bummed that only 2 of the 30 people I invited showed up. Your ideas will help me pump up my own shows. I'm having problems booking shows too. I have a catalogue show open right now and a cooking show booked for the end of April but nothing for May. I've sent out tons of emails and mailed lots of catalogues out. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Newbie PC Consulant Lisa!:confused: :)

4kids4me said:
None of the men ordered and the show closed at $300. The hostess only ordered $30 in commissionable sales. I am so down and disappointed.

Snugs, that stinks. It sounds like you did everything right maybe it was the guests. If the host is not excited then I find the guests don't get as excited.

4kids4me said:
I had a lot of fun, I felt my presentation went really well, they enjoyed the games and it seemed to go GREAT! THey were very chatty, but at least they were on topic. There were 6 ladies and 4 men (who were supposed to be watching the kids). None of the men ordered and the show closed at $300. The hostess only ordered $30 in commissionable sales. I am so down and disappointed. I have no idea where I went wrong. Oh, and no bookings either! :( I am really discouraged because I really badly want to earn the mid season products and so far I have $370 towards that, a show Thursday (no idea who many to expect as it's with my dd's preschool and I don't have the #s of any of the moms) and a long distance catalog show closing Friday. I had a show on 3/11 that I submitted on 3/20, but apparently it doesn't count towards this which stinks because it was a $400 show! So really discouraged. Seems like I've been doing worse with every show - seriously each show (I've only had 4 now) has less and less sales. What is up? What am I doing wrong? Wahhhhhh!

don't beat yourself up, sometimes that just happens. You probably did a great job, maybe they just weren't in a shopping mood or already had fairly well stocked kitchens? And you never know, you built contacts, one of those people could give you a great show in the fall--just keep their names and stay in touch!

Thx for listening![/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the encouragement. The show is actually closing at $420 now - waiting for her to give me her order - the last surprise order put her above $400 so she has a little more to spend. Woo hoo! Guess you just never know.

The preschool show I am hosting tomorrow has resulted in NO RSVPs! I don't know what to expect! I am still frusted with that.

BUT, I'm not just sitting idly by and waiting for sales to come to me. I just emailed out a flyer for a Fabulous Friday Email sale. I got the flyer from the files here. CS rocks!!!! So, who knows, maybe by Friday evening I'll have earned the mid season products?!?! :D

1. What are some popular recipes that I can demonstrate at my show?

Some popular recipes that are sure to impress at your show include the Quick & Easy Taco Ring, the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie, and the Classic Chicken Salad. You can also check out our website for a variety of other delicious recipes that are perfect for demonstrations.

2. How can I make my show interactive and engaging for my guests?

One great way to make your show interactive is by involving your guests in the cooking process. You can have them help with chopping, mixing, and assembling ingredients. You can also incorporate fun games or challenges related to cooking and using our products.

3. What are some must-have products that I should showcase at my show?

Some must-have products that are always a hit at our shows include the Quick Slice, the Garlic Press, and the Mix 'N Scraper. These tools make cooking easier and more efficient, and are sure to impress your guests.

4. How can I effectively demonstrate the benefits and features of Pampered Chef products?

One effective way to demonstrate the benefits and features of our products is by showing them in action. Use the products to make a recipe and explain how they make the cooking process easier or more enjoyable. You can also share personal experiences and testimonials from satisfied customers.

5. How can I encourage my guests to make a purchase at the end of the show?

One way to encourage guests to make a purchase is by offering special discounts or promotions at the end of the show. You can also emphasize the convenience and quality of our products and highlight how they will enhance their cooking experience. Don't forget to provide them with information on how to order and follow up with them after the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • rsmpta
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • PamperedK