• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for 55+ Show Recipes with Diet Restrictions?

In summary, Jennie is looking for ideas on a recipe to demo for a show she has in February. She mentions that the show will be for a lady that lives in a 55+ complex and most attendees will be single or a couple, older than 55, and may have diet restrictions. She shares a previous successful show she had where she made chicken and a trifle with angel food cake, cheesecake pudding, coolwhip, and berries. Jennie also expresses concern about stoneware being too heavy for some attendees. Other participants in the conversation suggest recipes such as chicken fajitas, avocado salsa cups, and wraps that may be suitable for the show. Jennie mentions that her host doesn't have many friends and
PCJen
I have a show in Feb. for a lady that lives in a 55+ complex. I'm looking for ideas on a recipe to demo. I would like to keep in mind that most will be single or a couple, most are older than 55, and may have diet restrictions (although I know not everyone will be the same). Any ideas to help get me on the right track for this type of show would be great.

Thanks,
Jennie G

I had a host who was 89 yrs old - we had the show in the club house of her condo association. I did the 30 minute chicken and a trifle with angel food cake, cheesecake pudding and coolwhip, and strawberries & blueberries.

Sold a couple DCB, a couple trifle bowls, a couple 8" saute pans....and a microfiber towel to everyone there! It ended up around $750 in sales, If I remember correctly.

I'm just concern about stoneware being too heavy. My mom is not able to use it.

Did you just do the chicken or add it to another recipe? What trifle recipe are you talking about?

i baked 4 trays of cupcakes ahead of time in the silicone baker. I decorated 3 sets, cut them in half and put on SA. The fourth I left for me demo and used the chopper, the decorators and cheese grater to demo.

Easy peasy.

lol I had to laugh at diet restrictions for 55+. My mom's hair would stand on end if you said that to her. She's 69 and eats anything she wants. Her doctor gets mad because he can't find anything wrong with her. She lives in a retirement apartment complex and the people there are amazing. It's scary but there's one lady who's 95 and still drives. No accidents or tickets either. She goes and does wherever she wants.

I have a hard time lifting the large bar pan myself. The medium is ok though. Those are the only two pieces I have so far but you may be right about the weight of them. But, they probably won't be cooking large quantities so the smaller pieces would work.

Just cook for them the same as you would for anyone else. Some may have sodium restrictions or if there are any diabetics, sugar or carb restrictions, but otherwise, you'll probably be fine.

Marisa,

I know what you mean about your mom being upset with what I said. That is so great that she feels so good and doesn't have any problems. My mom on the otherhand just turned 60 and has had many problems for years especially with arthritis. I know everyone is different so that is what makes it kind of hard.

Jennie, ask your host what kind of recipe she would prefer (sweet, savory, appetizer, main dish) and go from there. She should know what her friends would like and can or cannot eat.

Jennie,

You'd have to know my mom. lol She's a bit different. Still fiesty (I'm being nice here. lol ) as she was 40 years ago and lords it over us that she can still keep up and doesn't have any health issues. I'm sorry your mom has had problems. Arthritis is a hard thing to deal with.

Like Linda said, ask your host, but what about something like the Avocado Salsa cups or the 30 minute chicken? It's hard to hit it right for everyone but if you kind of stick to something lowfat or low carb, you may be ok. Maybe the avocado cups and the chicken fajita bar mentioned on another thread? That way it's fairly low fat and they can pick what they want or can have.

Good luck with your show! Be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

I wish it was that easy to ask her but she says she doesn't have that many friends and has already said she doesn't care what I make. She is doing this to get to know more of residents in her apartment complex and even wants to give away her host rewards.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I had some ideas but it's nice to have a place to go and see what everyone ideas are too.

Oh wow! She probably wouldn't have any idea how many will be attending so you'll have to take a guess on how much to prepare. In that case, I'd probably go with something like the chicken fajitas or wraps. Most people like chicken, it's pretty healthy, it's easy and makes quite a bit.

Do you have the 'It's Good For You' cookbook? Maybe there's something in there that would work? Sorry I'm not more help. I haven't tried many of the recipes yet.

Yes, I have that cookbook and will be checking it out for recipes I can do for a show. I'm thinking maybe a salad at this point. We'll see.

Related to Need Ideas for 55+ Show Recipes with Diet Restrictions?

What are some easy and healthy recipes for seniors?

Some easy and healthy recipes for seniors that are popular at our 55+ shows include: - Roasted vegetable medley with balsamic glaze- Baked salmon with lemon and herbs- Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice- Quinoa and black bean salad with avocado- Greek yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and granola

Can I modify recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of our recipes can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or low sodium. Our consultants can provide tips and substitutions to make sure everyone can enjoy the delicious dishes.

Do you have any one-pot or slow cooker recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of one-pot and slow cooker recipes that are perfect for seniors looking for easy and convenient meals. Some options include: - Slow cooker beef and vegetable stew- One-pot chicken and broccoli alfredo - Slow cooker vegetarian chili- One-pot pasta primavera - Slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal

Are there any recipes that can help with meal planning and portion control?

Absolutely. Our consultants can provide tips and recipes that can help with meal planning and portion control, such as:- Mason jar salads with pre-portioned ingredients - Sheet pan meals with balanced portions of protein, vegetables, and grains - Portion control plates for easy meal planning

Can I find these recipes online or in a cookbook?

Yes, many of our 55+ show recipes can be found on our website or in our cookbooks. Our consultants can also provide you with a list of the recipes featured at the show and where to find them online or in print.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Sandibeach