• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Tricky Situation with Bookings: The Consultant's Dilemma

In summary, the conversation revolves around a situation where the speaker, now a consultant, was supposed to do a show for someone they used to go to church with, but the date got moved and now the director wants the host to do the show instead. The speaker feels uncomfortable and unsure about the whole situation and is seeking advice on how to approach it. Suggestions are given to have the director announce that the speaker is a new consultant and will be considered for bookings, and to have the speaker help with the show.
IAmChefJ
This is a wierd one... and I'm waffling on it. You guys have such great advice, I thought I'd get some outside opinions.

One of the guests at MY show, before I was a consultant, booked an early May show with my director, who recruited me. The date wound up getting moved, to today, and now I am a consultant. When the date got moved, I sent her an email (with my director's blessing) reminding her I'd officially be a consultant, and would love to do her show, so I can do my early shows with friends. (It would have been my 2nd show.)

I didn't hear back from her, so I didn't push it, and my director said she'd called her and basically said, we had so much fun with you at Joyce's show, we'd prefer you did it. She never said ANYTHING to me.

I did however get invited to the show. And my director says I can have any bookings that come off it.

I just feel wierd about the whole thing. I don't think there's any malice there, but I do wish she'd just been straight with me about it. This is a lady I used to go to church with, and I'll know everyone at the party, because they're from my old church.

I just kind of feel like I'd be there begging for bookings, so I'm trying to find a way to go and feel comfortable about it. One minute I think I'm not even going to show up, and the next I think that I'd be crazy to miss the opportunity for bookings. I have host packages made up and ready to go. I just have to get ME geared up to want to go.

Anyone been there, done that?

Maybe at some point your director could announce: "I have decided to give any bookings from today's show to (insert your name here) to help her get her business going".

I think you should go. Look at it as a learning expirience and really pay attention to how she does her show. It is a wierd situation, but I think it will still work out for the best. As a director I would say something at the begining of the show that xx is one of my new consultants, she is just starting her business, and we are looking for people to host her first shows. I would also ask you to take part in the demo, even if it was just stiring or something while I am talking. That way you aren't just the gal sitting in the back of the room waiting for bookings.

HTH

I agree with Shana. I did the same thing a couple months ago. It was a booking from a booking from a booking, but all in the same family. The host from the original show had finally decided to sign, so I announced that all bookings from today would go to her.

Is there any chance that the host wants to sign too? Maybe that's why she wants the director to do it, thinking that she had to sign under her?

Ummm... this is a weird situation for sure. I got all the bookings from my show also and no one minded. But I agree with the above mentioned too that your director can let them know that she is helping you get started.

always great to observe show's, it's different form being the host. Just be excited!!

I would just go and have the lady that is doing the show explain that you are a new consultant and that you are there to watch her. The lady can then say "Since I am helping her get started any bookings from today's show is going to her." If there is someone that would just rather do a show with the other lady they can ask her, try not to take it personally. Some people just "click" better with different personalities. If someone doesn't want to host a show for you...you don't want them to!

I know before I signed up - at my show - any and all bookings from MY show were just given to me from my D - she even gave me the leads. I guess that was very generous of her - I am surprised your D didn't take the control and handle it herself...

Your director should announce at the beginning of the show that you are a new consultant and that she will be considering this as your training show. She will, as your trainer, be encouraging guests to book with YOU. She should have you help with the show and make it clear during the ____________, this is a good way to do this..". People will get it. Don't feel wierd. Everyone has be be new some time

Well it all turned out ok. And my director did try to give me the show, but the host resisted because they really liked her, and I asked her not to push it.

I did get one booking off of it, and I saw a show that I don't (yet) have all the tools to do, so that was fun.

Thanks for listening! Sometimes I just need a little push to get up the gumption to do things.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that things worked out. I'm glad you went. I only caught this thread today and was hoping you'd go. Its always good to see someone who is comfy doing shows and give you some examples to follow when you do your own. Its an added bonus that you got booking out of it! :) Host your own open house to get yoru business off the ground and invite everyone you know. You'll get even more bookings when your guests see how much fun YOU are!

Best of luck! and welcome to the PC Family!

This happens to me all the time. My director is the best and she has the most wild and fun parties. I am always worried about filling her shoes. There were 4 of us that always rotated parties thru her before I signed up. Now the other 3 only want to do catalog shows thru me, their excuse is they don't want to put me out or take up one of my booking dates just for them... I have tried to explain to them that it would be a blessing to do shows for them and that I will try and make the show so much fun. No luck yet, I'm still trying.

Related to Navigating a Tricky Situation with Bookings: The Consultant's Dilemma

1. What is "Here's a Weird Situation"?

"Here's a Weird Situation" is a popular game offered by Pampered Chef, where players use kitchen tools to complete various challenges and win prizes.

2. How do I play "Here's a Weird Situation"?

To play "Here's a Weird Situation," you will need a set of Pampered Chef kitchen tools and a group of friends. One player acts as the "judge" and presents a challenge using the tools, while the other players race to complete the challenge. The judge then awards points and the player with the most points at the end wins.

3. Can I use my own kitchen tools to play "Here's a Weird Situation"?

While you are welcome to use your own kitchen tools, we highly recommend using the Pampered Chef tools designed specifically for this game. These tools have been tested and proven to work well with the challenges in "Here's a Weird Situation."

4. How many players can participate in "Here's a Weird Situation"?

The game can be played with a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 8 players. However, more players can be added by forming teams and rotating the judging role.

5. Can "Here's a Weird Situation" be played online?

Unfortunately, "Here's a Weird Situation" is not available to play online at this time. It is meant to be played in person with friends or family for a fun and interactive experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • ValM2010