• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Grill Pan Disappointment: Why I Don't Like It

In summary, there are mixed opinions about the grill pan being discussed. While some users do not enjoy the pan and find it lacking in terms of grilling efficiency, others appreciate it for certain foods such as chicken, pork chops, and paninis. The grill ridges are a common issue, with some users feeling they are too shallow. The grill press is also a topic of debate, with some finding it useful and others considering it a waste of money. Overall, the grill pan has its strengths and weaknesses, and its effectiveness may depend on personal preference and the type of food being cooked.
leftymac
I've had my grill pan for about a year now. It's hard for me to say I don't like something PC, but I really just don't like this pan very much. And no, it's not for the reason most people think -- I have no problems with cleanup with it. I use the Kitchen Brush and it's fine.

I just don't think it grills that great. I think the grill ridges are too round and aren't up high enough. I'd much rather use my cast iron grill pan. :-(

That stinks. I have a host who wants to book in August just for that pan. I hope she won't be disappointed.

I, too, think the ridges could be higher. I was so excited to grill hamburgers when I first got it but was disappointed that the burgers still seemed to be sitting in the grease; granted not as much as in a regular frying pan, but still in the grease.
I do like it for chicken and pork chops. I also grilled some steaks in it one night and they were really good. I used it the other day to fry bacon; now I must say, I love frying bacon it it. I also grilled hotdogs in it one night - that was good because I hate to fire up a big old grill just to do hotdogs.

I love my grill pan but as Kimberly observed, it's good for foods that don't release too much fat. I have grilled chicken, steak, and fish in it, and made panninis with the grill press - all have come out nice and dry with lovely grill marks. Nicole, your host will be pleased too.

susanr613 said:
I love my grill pan but as Kimberly observed, it's good for foods that don't release too much fat. I have grilled chicken, steak, and fish in it, and made panninis with the grill press - all have come out nice and dry with lovely grill marks. Nicole, your host will be pleased too.

I do like it for chicken and paninis, I'll give you that!

Can I just say - KEITH!!!!! We've missed you. Glad to see you hanging around again.

pampchefsarah said:
Can I just say - KEITH!!!!! We've missed you. Glad to see you hanging around again.

Awwww thanks! I usually read this every day, but my mood to post goes in and out. I'm inactive now, but doesn't mean I can't still hang around! I may try to go active again at my new school, but we'll see how that goes. Gotta feel out the environment first.

Love-My-Grill-Pan. This is something that DH wanted - but I really didn't think we needed. I broke down and got it.

It makes the BEST Grilled Cheese. Very Crisp. (Right there, for me - the pan is worth it.) But I really think I earned it 2 seasons ago or got it 60% off.

I also like it for Grilling veggies (no butter or oil added) if DH doesn't have room on the grill.

I also have been happy with the Chicken on it too.

Now, I don't know how it compares to your cast iron Grill Pan, but this was our first Grill Pan so I don't have any other type to compare it to.

I've got to say I'm with Keith on this one ... I've tried and tried and tried to love it, but honestly, stuff cooks more quickly and efficiently on my Foreman.I thought the Press would make me love it more, but alas, no.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I've got to say I'm with Keith on this one ... I've tried and tried and tried to love it, but honestly, stuff cooks more quickly and efficiently on my Foreman.

I thought the Press would make me love it more, but alas, no.

Now, you bring up the Press. For us, this was definitely a waste of money. I have used it once and have no desire to use it again. I guess it would be good for panninis, but haven't tried those yet.

I love the press! I have used it not only for panninis but also for chicken. it's a decent substitute for a foreman grill.

I LOVE my grill pan!!!

I do not have the grill pan yet, but saw it at a fellow consultant's house. I agree with the statement that the ridges are not high enough. It is too shallow. It is bigger than my Lodge cast iron grill pan though, which is a plus. The grill press, I have not had an opportunity to use, it is too big for my cast iron pan, and the P&U guide said not to use it on an outdoor grill. That to me is a negative, my hubbie bought it for me during my pre consultant days.

kam said:
Love-My-Grill-Pan.

I also like it for Grilling veggies (no butter or oil added) if DH doesn't have room on the grill.

Do you marinate your veggies first or just throw them in dry? What types of veggies do you do? The norm? Just wondering as I'm trying to force myself to eat more veggies but I don't care for any veggie raw except for a cucumber. I'm like a kid...I need to be tricked into eating them and always look for newer ways. TIA

Melissa78 said:
Do you marinate your veggies first or just throw them in dry? What types of veggies do you do? The norm? Just wondering as I'm trying to force myself to eat more veggies but I don't care for any veggie raw except for a cucumber. I'm like a kid...I need to be tricked into eating them and always look for newer ways. TIA

I just slice zuchinni or summer squash and cook it on the grill pan - dry. I put a little butter, salt & pepper on once it is on my plate.

You could always brush a little oil on the veggies first then sprinkle any of our seasonings on that appeal to you. The new Bread dipping seasonings are really good sprinkled on veggies.

HTH

The key to the grill pan is to always preheat over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. I love it and use it at my shows all the time to add grilled chicken to the Collasal Chopped Salad and the Greek Salad and the Jamaican Chicken Salad. Great booking tool for me and once I sell one - it leads to another show and more sales.

I was just wondering if the grill pan works well on an electric burner ?

Related to My Grill Pan Disappointment: Why I Don't Like It

1. What are the common complaints about the Pampered Chef Grill Pan?

Some of the most common complaints about the Pampered Chef Grill Pan include uneven heating, difficulty in cleaning, and the non-stick coating coming off after a few uses.

2. Is the Pampered Chef Grill Pan worth the price?

The answer to this question can vary depending on personal experience. While some customers may find the grill pan to be a good investment, others may feel that it does not live up to its price due to its performance issues.

3. Can I use metal utensils on the Pampered Chef Grill Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the grill pan as it can scratch the non-stick coating and damage the pan's surface. It is best to use wooden or silicone utensils when cooking with the grill pan.

4. How can I prevent food from sticking to the Pampered Chef Grill Pan?

To prevent food from sticking to the grill pan, it is important to properly season the pan before use. This involves heating the pan with a small amount of oil and wiping it clean. Additionally, make sure to preheat the pan before adding food and avoid using high heat, as this can cause the food to stick.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Grill Pan in the oven?

Yes, the grill pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is important to note that the handle is not oven safe, so it is necessary to use oven mitts or a towel when handling the pan after it has been in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies
Views
raebates