• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Storage Space for Your Simple Slicer with This Clever Tip!

In summary, the Simple Slicer has a design flaw where the food holder slides off, but the author found a way to fix it. They suggest storing the slicer with the blade towards the door that it is hanging on.
SonyaVerrillo
So, I love the Simple Slicer, but was always annoyed at how to store it because the food holder always slides off whenever I take it out of my cabinet (or it slides off & lands in the bottom of my bag when I take it out at my shows!) I was taking a closer look at the design recently when I was taking it out of my dishwasher. I noticed that the groove on the bottom of the slider was the same width as the top track that the food holder glides onto.

Wondering if my hypothesus would work, I tried to get the food holder to glide onto the BACK track (the one that is connected to the feet) and while it didn't smoothly glide onto the track, the food holder did "snap" onto the back track. The result? My food holder no longer slides off and I can even hang my simple slicer from the top hole in the handle if I wanted to! (Safety note: You want to MAKE SURE that the blade is locked in the 'lock' position, so it's not exposed in any way) You can get the food holder off by lifting the food holder 'track glider' at a time. (attached picture hopefully illustrates my tip)

When I showed this to my team at a training today...they were telling me that I had to share this tip....so I am :D I hope this helps!

Attachments

• img_0458.jpg
    img_0458.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 564
I will have to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

Send it to the Solution Center so they can share it with everyone. Awesome tip! Thanks for sharing!

I'll have to try it at my next show (my kit is always packed in my car so it's in there right now). I do agree it is slightly annoying that it slides off - but either way, the blade is exposed so it is always a good reminder to make sure it's in the locked position.

I just tried it and it works quite nicely. It was a little tricky getting if off, though. Do you think snapping it on and off quite a few times will make make those curved sides eventually break off?

Great tip! I'll be trying it!

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try.

Great idea..and just an idea..but do you think it might be safer if you turned it around and stored it with the blade towards the door that you have it hanging on? I know you have the blade in the locked position but that would just be an extra safeguard. Just a thought.

I have put a large rubberband at the end of the slicer after sliding on the slider. Seems to keep it on as well. Doesn't look as nice as Sonya's idea but it works!

What is the Simple Slicer Storage?

The Simple Slicer Storage is a convenient and space-saving storage solution for your Pampered Chef Simple Slicer. It is designed to securely hold the slicer in place and protect the blades.

Is the Simple Slicer Storage dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Simple Slicer Storage is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply remove the slicer and place the storage container in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.

Can the Simple Slicer Storage be used for other kitchen tools?

No, the Simple Slicer Storage is specifically designed to fit and hold the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer. It may not be suitable for other kitchen tools.

How does the Simple Slicer Storage save space?

The Simple Slicer Storage is designed to fit the exact dimensions of the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer, making it easy to store in a drawer or cabinet without taking up extra space. It also keeps the blades safely tucked away to prevent accidents.

Do I need to purchase the Simple Slicer Storage separately?

Yes, the Simple Slicer Storage is sold separately from the Pampered Chef Simple Slicer. It is a great addition to your slicer and helps keep it organized and protected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies