• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering X-Mas Cookie Decorating: Tips for Cookie Exchange Shows

In summary, for decorating X-Mas cookies, you will need a variety of tools such as cookie cutters, piping bags, icing tips, food coloring, sprinkles, and edible glitter. The perfect icing for X-Mas cookies is typically a royal icing, which can be made by mixing powdered sugar, meringue powder, and water. Regular food coloring can be used, but gel food coloring is preferred for more vibrant colors. To prevent spreading while baking, chill the dough and use a high-quality baking sheet. Decorated X-Mas cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to a week or frozen for up to 3 months.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have 2 Cookie Exchange shows coming up. I have never done them but I have been trying to push for them for 3 years now and all of a sudden I have 2 of them scheduled. I was practicing the cookie press last night ... wreath & Christmas Tree. All went well until .... the decorating! I am NOT a creative person and the only thing I could think of was to put the frosting (red, green & white) in a zip loc bag with a Twix It Clip and zig-zag over the cookies. I did pick up sprinkles (snow flakes & candy canes). I think a 3 year old could have done better. HELP ANYONE with decorating suggestions?

Repeat after me...I am a Pampered Chef, not a perfect chef.You don't have to be awesome at decorating cookies. Just point out how simple it is to use the press and how great the cookies turn out on our stoneware. As for decorating, simplest is best. I use green sprinkles or green sugar and red cinnamon dots.

Decorator Bottle Set.

for decorating the spritz cookies the narrow (writing tip) on the dec. bottle set worls well with white icing then add colored sprinkles. Or add sprinkles before baking.

You will need a fairly stiff icing. Canned should work fine. I have done Royal icing (my fave for christmas cookies) in the Dec bottles and it was too hard for my dd.

I just used a small spreader to frost mine and then put on sprinkles. The smooth frosting works pretty well to get the sprinkles to stick.

What type of decorating tools do I need for X-Mas cookies?

For decorating X-Mas cookies, you will need a variety of tools such as cookie cutters, piping bags, icing tips, food coloring, sprinkles, and edible glitter. These tools will help you create different designs and add festive elements to your cookies.

How do I make the perfect icing for X-Mas cookies?

The perfect icing for X-Mas cookies is typically a royal icing, which is made by mixing powdered sugar, meringue powder, and water. You can also add flavoring or food coloring to achieve different colors and flavors. The consistency of the icing can be adjusted by adding more or less water, depending on whether you want to flood or pipe the icing onto your cookies.

Can I use regular food coloring for decorating X-Mas cookies?

Yes, you can use regular food coloring to decorate X-Mas cookies. However, gel food coloring is usually preferred as it creates more vibrant and intense colors without changing the consistency of the icing. Gel food coloring can be found in most baking supply stores or online.

How can I prevent my X-Mas cookies from spreading while baking?

To prevent your X-Mas cookies from spreading, it is important to chill your cookie dough before baking. This allows the butter in the dough to solidify and hold its shape when it bakes. You can also use a high-quality baking sheet and avoid overcrowding the cookies on the sheet.

What is the best way to store decorated X-Mas cookies?

Decorated X-Mas cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you want to keep them longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure to let them thaw at room temperature before serving or decorating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • rayday
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rayday
  • Tracie