• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mashing Potatoes with a Pastry Blender - Success!

In summary, using a pastry blender to mash potatoes involves boiling the potatoes until they are soft, then using the blender to break them down into smaller pieces. It can also be used for other vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. For smoother mashed potatoes, an electric hand mixer or potato ricer can be used after the pastry blender. The benefits of using a pastry blender for mashed potatoes include a fluffier and lighter texture and better control over consistency. It can also be used for other dishes such as making pie crust, cutting butter into flour, and mixing ingredients for meatloaf or meatballs.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I couldn't find my potatoe masher the other night when iwas making dinner so I pulled out my pastry blender to mash the potatoes work like a champ!!!! Just thought I would share!!!

Huh!! Good to know! I do not have the new pastry blender..... This could convince me to get it!

Ithought it would be a great cross sell as well.....

Definitely!! It sold me :D

I love it!! I thought our other one was horrible. It was always getting bent. The new one is tough and doesn't bend at all. Could probably gently rock it across peanut butter cookies too!

Oh sweet deal........ I didnt' know you could do that with peanut butter!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Oh sweet deal........ I didnt' know you could do that with peanut butter!!
Or use the Cooling Rack to do the imprints on LOTS of peanut butter cookies all at the same time!:)

Very cool ideas to cross sell our baking products!!! I love them!!

pamperedbecky said:
Or use the Cooling Rack to do the imprints on LOTS of peanut butter cookies all at the same time!:)

I like to use the Meat Tenderizer on my peanut butter cookies!

chefjeanine said:
I like to use the Meat Tenderizer on my peanut butter cookies!

GREAT!! Another idea for the MT - I have a hard sell on this product - so it is inice to have a back-up idea for it.

1. How do I use a pastry blender to mash potatoes?

To mash potatoes with a pastry blender, start by boiling the potatoes until they are soft. Then, place them in a large bowl and use the pastry blender to break them down into smaller pieces. Continue mashing until desired consistency is reached.

2. Can I use a pastry blender for other types of vegetables?

Yes, a pastry blender can be used to mash other types of vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower. Just make sure to boil them until they are soft before using the blender to mash them.

3. How can I make the mashed potatoes smoother with a pastry blender?

If you prefer smoother mashed potatoes, try using an electric hand mixer or potato ricer after using the pastry blender. This will help break down any remaining chunks and create a smoother texture.

4. What are the benefits of using a pastry blender to mash potatoes?

Using a pastry blender to mash potatoes can help create a fluffier and lighter texture compared to using a traditional potato masher. It also allows for better control over the consistency of the potatoes.

5. Can I use a pastry blender for making other dishes besides mashed potatoes?

Yes, a pastry blender can be used for a variety of dishes such as making pie crust, cutting butter into flour for biscuits, and even mixing ingredients for meatloaf or meatballs. It is a versatile tool in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missydivine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • Linda Lehman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies