• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Storage Hack for Pastry Mat | Roll Up and Store in Paper Towel Roll

In summary, the person shared a great idea for storing their pastry mat, and others have shared similar ideas.
Jess_K
I just thought I would share.. didn't do a search to see if it was already posted so sorry in advance if it is.

I roll up my pastry mat and store it in an empty paper towel roll.. works out perfectly!

That is a simple idea.

Yes... I guess it is simple.. is that good or bad? or ok? ?

I guess you could always decorate the paper towel roll with some PC stickers or something :) just nothing that would soak thru and ruin the mat.

Wonderful Idea!!!!

I think she probably meant simple as in, "cool, what a great and simple idea for storing it!".

In which case, I concur :). I do it myself and it works perfectly.

Thank you for sharing that great idea. . .now if I can find mine.

I just throw mine in the tall skinny drawer where I keep the cutting boards and cooling racks. It's just sort of mangled in there. It's a great suggestion to mention at shows, though, for the neat folks.

I keep it on the counter open flat all the time. It's a great surface for preparing food. I do keep a small cutting board (bar board) on it for any cutting!

When I am ready to go to a show I just roll it up and slip it in my bag.

The paper towel roll is a great idea!!! Thanks!!!:D

you are a GENIUS!! Love that tip & will share it with the folks who just bought it at my last 3 shows :)

Awesome tip!! I love it. I will be sharing it w/ my customers from here out.

I love the current pastry mat. So does my mom, I can remember growing up w/ her old Tupperware one and she would roll it and use twisty-ties to hold it together, then when we used it she would set heavy things on the four corners to keep it from rolling up again. We both LOVE that it can set all year rolled up and roll flat when you want it!!

Thank you for the tip! I keep mine rolled up in the bag it came in, but a paper towel roll would be easier. I just used mine tonight in fact- I love it!

I just got mine and was wondering where/how I should be storing it! Thanks!

I love to scrapbook and have tons of papers and stuff, I bet I could make a cute little tube, lol, if I had the mat! Now I want to order one just to make the tube!

candiejayne said:
I love to scrapbook and have tons of papers and stuff, I bet I could make a cute little tube, lol, if I had the mat! Now I want to order one just to make the tube!

hahah! You're too funny!! :D

lol i know, i'm weird like that!

Related to Efficient Storage Hack for Pastry Mat | Roll Up and Store in Paper Towel Roll

1. How should I clean my pastry mat?

Clean your pastry mat by hand washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh cleaning products or abrasive sponges, as they can damage the mat. Rinse thoroughly and air dry before storing.

2. Can I put my pastry mat in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your pastry mat in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh chemicals can damage the mat and affect its non-stick properties.

3. How do I store my pastry mat?

Rolling your pastry mat up and securing it with a rubber band or storing it flat in a kitchen drawer are both effective ways to store your mat. Avoid folding or creasing the mat, as this can damage it and affect its performance.

4. Is it safe to use my pastry mat in the oven?

No, our pastry mats are not designed to be used in the oven. They are made from silicone, which has a low melting point and can be damaged by high heat.

5. Can I cut on my pastry mat?

While our pastry mats are durable and can withstand light cutting, we do not recommend using sharp knives or cutting tools on them. This can damage the mat and affect its non-stick properties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • chefann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • laylaleigh