• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Cookie Recipe Using Jello???

In summary, the conversation is focused on different ways to use jello in recipes. The participants share their favorite jello desserts, including jello cookies, ice cream jello, and jello poke cake. They also discuss different variations and toppings for these desserts. One participant shares a recipe for jello cookies, while another mentions using a cheesecake whip cream frosting on their jello cake. The conversation ends with plans to make jello cake and jello ice cream for an upcoming anniversary.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I have a bunch of jello at my house from when I was having so much tummy trouble, I used to drink it warm to settle my tummy. And I sorta remember a recipe for like a sugar cookie that you added jello to for flavoring.

anyone???

You can google it and come up with several recipes. I made them at Christmas using the cookie press. They looked pretty - but yuck!:yuck: Even my little cookie monster wouldn't eat them!

One of my favorite jello comfort foods is ice cream jello. Very simple! Make the jello like normal using the boiling water, and then, in place of the cold water, use the same amount of vanilla ice cream. Stir until the ice cream is melted, and then refrigerate until set. Yummy!

Becky, great idea! maybe I won't need the recipe after all.

I have my grandma's jello cookie recipe around...they really aren't my favorite though...

janetupnorth said:
I have my grandma's jello cookie recipe around...they really aren't my favorite though...

if you should find it would you mind either posting it, or emailing it to me???

[email protected]

cwinter474 said:
if you should find it would you mind either posting it, or emailing it to me???

[email protected]

Sure, let me find my recipe box! It got broken a week or so ago so I hope the recipes all got put back!

JELLO COOKIES
Printed from COOKS.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 1/2 c. shortening
4 eggs
4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello (strawberry, cherry or your favorite)

Mix all the above ingredients, make into balls, place on cookie sheet. Bake 10- 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Recipe for: Jello Cookies
From the Kitchen of: Grandma Dowding
3/4 c. shortening (use Crisco - butter flavored)
1/2 c. sugar
1 pkg (3 oz) jello
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. saltMix all, place on ungreased sheet, flatten with fork.Bake at 375 degrees, 6-8 minutes.

Thanks Becky, I was just getting off here to go to Google. You saved me a step.

Make Jello cake!!!!

One of my favorite fun foods :)
Make a regular box mix of white cake and poke it full of holes. Make a box of jello according to directions and poor it over the cake. Put it in the fridge overnight and let it set. Moist and yummy.
I put cool whip on top :)

ChefBeckyD said:
You can google it and come up with several recipes. I made them at Christmas using the cookie press. They looked pretty - but yuck!:yuck: Even my little cookie monster wouldn't eat them!

One of my favorite jello comfort foods is ice cream jello. Very simple! Make the jello like normal using the boiling water, and then, in place of the cold water, use the same amount of vanilla ice cream. Stir until the ice cream is melted, and then refrigerate until set. Yummy!
That sounds really good. I may have to eat ice cream for that one. My kids will sooo love you for giving me that recipe if I make it. That's a good Labor Day recipe. Mmmmm!

Koolotus said:
Make Jello cake!!!!

Make a regular box mix of white cake and poke it full of holes. Make a box of jello according to directions and poor it over the cake. Put it in the fridge overnight and let it set. Moist and yummy.
And this would be great to eat with the Jello ice cream.

Koolotus said:
Make Jello cake!!!!

A jello poke cake used to be my choice for my birthday cake EVERY YEAR growing up! I think one of my favorites is Lemon cake with Lime Jello...my Mom would top it with Cool Whip too!

Mmmmmmmm...may have to make one of those! It's been YEARS since I had one. They are sooooo yummy and refreshing in the summer, since you keep them in the frig!!

BTW- I agree about the Jello cookies. Good in theory. Not so good in eating! :yuck:

Now, jello ice cream sounds like a plan!

ok, Jello cake and Jello ice cream for our 19yr anniversary on the 23rd....

of course I will have to fix a "practice" before hand..... can't wait

THANKS

I come from the Jello capital of the world--Utah. I don't know the deal with that, but I was raised on the stuff. Which explains a lot!!

I use a cheesecake whip cream frosting on my jello cake (hey, pastry chef's like jello cake too!--)The frosting is the kicker:

1 3 oz package vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding, 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened and 1 small tub cool whip(I use 8 oz real whipped cream). Whip together and spread over the cake. Refrigerate about 3 hours. Oh yea. Try not to eat it all in one sitting. Or worse, alone. That is a sign. Need an intervention. 12 step program.

Jello stains your tongue, Causes brain damage, and makes you a hopless addict. JAA meetings are full of jiggleeee giggleee people who can't finish their own sentences... really. My name is Stephanie, I'm a jell-a-holic.

Oh, another thing we do is "paint" the sugar cookies with jello. Dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water (yea, really concentrated) then used a clean pastry brush to paint the top of the cookie before baking. Don't overbake. It ends up pretty cool lookin.

You could always check out the jello website, I am sure they have lots of recipes! My mom used to make a pie (light & easy pie, I think) with jello and cool whip in a graham cracker crust and it was really good.

On kraft foods they have a jello recipe that my hubby and his co workers LOVED!

JAE said:
That sounds really good. I may have to eat ice cream for that one. My kids will sooo love you for giving me that recipe if I make it. That's a good Labor Day recipe. Mmmmm!
So, I'm off to the store to buy vanilla ice cream to make Jello ice cream. It's a holiday and I just declared that holidays are okay for me to eat ice cream. I haven't had any since, ummm, I'm not sure, but it's been a really long time, over a month now.

JAE said:
So, I'm off to the store to buy vanilla ice cream to make Jello ice cream. It's a holiday and I just declared that holidays are okay for me to eat ice cream. I haven't had any since, ummm, I'm not sure, but it's been a really long time, over a month now.

Mmmm... let us Know how it turns out!

I made the jello. Of course, we didn't wait until it was fully set up before eating some. It was way too sweet for my taste, but when I said it was too sweet my ds said, "that's preposterous!" It also separated, so the creamier, foamy looking part is on top and the more jello looking part is on the bottom. Not sure why. I never make fancy jello. It's either finger jello or plain jello for me. Actually, I rarely make any form of Jello.

So, Becky, what did I do wrong? Why did it seem to separate?

JAE- My mom used to do something similar using cool whip...it DOES seperate. The top part sets up very soft and "foamy" and then the bottom part is more like jello with a bit of cream in it.

I don't think you did anything wrong!

I will wait for Becky's answer though...since we never did it with ice cream!

Related to Looking for a Cookie Recipe Using Jello???

1. Can I substitute Jello for flour in a cookie recipe?

No, Jello cannot be used as a substitute for flour in a cookie recipe. Jello is primarily made of gelatin and sugar, while flour is a starchy ingredient that provides structure and texture to baked goods. Using Jello instead of flour will result in a completely different texture and taste in your cookies.

2. Can I use any flavor of Jello in a cookie recipe?

Yes, you can use any flavor of Jello in a cookie recipe. However, keep in mind that using different flavors may alter the taste and color of your cookies. It is best to stick to flavors that complement the other ingredients in your recipe.

3. Do I need to prepare the Jello before adding it to the cookie dough?

No, you do not need to prepare the Jello before adding it to the cookie dough. Simply add the dry Jello mix to your cookie dough and mix until well combined. The moisture from the other ingredients in the dough will activate the Jello and give your cookies their flavor and color.

4. How much Jello should I use in a cookie recipe?

The amount of Jello needed for a cookie recipe will vary depending on the recipe. As a general rule, you can use 1-2 tablespoons of Jello for every 1 cup of flour in a cookie recipe. However, it is best to follow the specific measurements in the recipe you are using for the best results.

5. Can I use sugar-free Jello in a cookie recipe?

Yes, you can use sugar-free Jello in a cookie recipe. However, keep in mind that sugar-free Jello may alter the taste and texture of your cookies. It is best to do a trial run with a small batch first to see how the cookies turn out before making a larger batch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • wadesgirl