• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Cookie Press Recipe for Festive Red and Green Treats

In summary, a cookie press is a kitchen tool used for shaping and dispensing cookie dough. It consists of a cylinder with a plunger mechanism and interchangeable disks with different designs. To use a cookie press, choose a disk, fill the cylinder with dough, and press the plunger to release the dough onto a baking sheet. It can also be used for other recipes such as cheese straws and butter mints, but not all recipes will work well with it. To clean a cookie press, disassemble and wash the parts in warm soapy water. Gluten-free or vegan cookies can also be made with a cookie press, but the consistency of the dough may need to be adjusted and different recipes may need to be tried.
Kelly8
Does anyone know what the pretty red and green recipe is for the Cookie Press that they keep showing with it? I took my Cookie Press to every show last year and made cookies on it with the pb recipe (1 c sugar, 1 egg, 1 c pb) and although the shapes don't come out perfectly, they still showed the point. But this one looks so pretty that I would love to try it!

It's probably just a spritz cookie with food coloring. My favorite spritz cookie recipe is:1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon saltPreheat oven to 400 F. In a medium bowl, beat together butter, extract, and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Flour and salt until well combined. Beat in as much flour as you can. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Do not chill dough. Pack dough into a cookie press. Force dough through press onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack to cool.

Is your recipe one that I could make at home and then take to my shows?

Spumoni Spritz Cookies p13 in Simply Sweet

rinakay said:
Spumoni Spritz Cookies p13 in Simply Sweet

Yes, this is it! I've been wanting to make them for a while now.

1. What is a cookie press?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used for shaping and dispensing cookie dough. It typically consists of a cylinder with a plunger mechanism at one end and various interchangeable disks with different designs at the other end. The dough is loaded into the cylinder and then pressed through the disk to create cookies of different shapes and sizes.

2. How do I use a cookie press?

To use a cookie press, start by choosing a disk with your desired design and attaching it to the end of the cylinder. Then, fill the cylinder with your cookie dough, making sure to pack it in tightly. Next, hold the cookie press firmly and press the plunger down to release the dough through the disk onto a baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the dough has been used.

3. Can I make other recipes besides cookies with a cookie press?

Yes, you can use a cookie press to make other recipes such as cheese straws, butter mints, and even some types of pasta. However, it is important to note that not all recipes will work well with a cookie press, so it's best to stick with recipes specifically designed for it.

4. How do I clean my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble the parts and wash them in warm soapy water. Make sure to clean all the nooks and crannies, especially the disks. You can also use a small brush to remove any stubborn bits of dough. Once clean, dry all the parts thoroughly before reassembling and storing.

5. Can I make gluten-free or vegan cookies with a cookie press?

Yes, you can make gluten-free or vegan cookies with a cookie press by using appropriate recipes and ingredients. Just make sure to check that the dough is the right consistency for the cookie press and adjust as needed. You may also need to experiment with different recipes to find one that works well with your cookie press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • klsnyder
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
tiffanypatton79
  • DebPC