• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Talk Turkey: Fun Food & Activities for Kids!

In summary, Irene is planning to have a Let's Talk Turkey show this Saturday, with most of the food prepared and a short presentation for kids. Some food/activities that go well with the show's theme are having the kids make their own turkey cake, making turkey feathers and head, and playing turkey trivia and fun facts.
ILOUANGOUDOM
I'm having a "Let's Talk Turkey" show this Saturday. I'm going to have most of the food prepared for the adults and maybe do a short presentation. Kids will also be at the show and I will be setting up a table for them. What food/activities should I have for them that goes with the theme of the show?
I appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks,
Irene

You can have them make their own turkey cake using the prep bowls. Bake the cakes ahead of time and have chocolate frosting for them to frost the cakes. Use colored construction paper to make the tail feathers (just like () but stretched out a bit) and also a head, beak and headpiecethingie (technical term). You can even have them put their name on a rectangular piece and when you put the head together, paste it between the head and the beak to make it look like the turkey is holding their name. HTH

I suggest checking out www.familyfun.com they always have great ideas for things to do with kids, I just checked there and they have lists of recipes, crafts, games, and other things. www.butterball.com has some turkey faq's, recipes, and some puzzles and coloring pages for the kids. Maybe even look up turkey trivia and fun facts and make a little game out of them. Below are some cute jokes my director forwarded a while back.....JOKE OF THE WEEKThanksgiving HumorHow do you keep a turkey in suspense?
I'll tell you at Christmas.Why did the turkey cross the road?
It was the chicken's day off.What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?
If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!What key has legs and can't open doors?
Tur-key.What sound does a space turkey make?
Hubble, hubble, hubble.Why do turkeys always go "gobble, gobble"?
Because they never learned good table manners!

Thanks Kate and Jennifer! These are great ideas! I will be trying them.

This may be hard to understand and I don't have a way to post the pic but here goes...to make edible turkeys...take 2 Keebler fudge stripe cookies, attach them with chocolate frosting so the one cookie is sitting flat on the table and the other is standing upright on its edge (attached to the back of the flat cookie). The bottom cookie just serves as a base and the upright cookie is the feathers. Then attach a chocolate covered cherry to the bottom cookie with frosting...this serves as the body. Finally, use the frosting to attach a candy corn to the front of the cherry for the beak. This probably sounds confusing but is really easy and cute and is entirely edible. If I could scan and post the pic you'd see how easy it is. I make these with my Pre-K class!

Thank you all for the cute ideas. I found these using rice krispies:

http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?RK_id=1624&kic=1
http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?RK_id=1594&kic=1
http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?RK_id=1586&kic=1

How about a contest like "The dumbest thing I ever did with a turkey.."

My aunt baked a turkey upsude down then called my grandmother to tell her "there is no breast meat on this turkey"

My mom made her 1st turkey with the giblets bag still inside

I, of course, did not cook my first turkey long enough and had a raw turkey to serve with all of my finished sides...

Related to Let's Talk Turkey: Fun Food & Activities for Kids!

What is "Let's Talk Turkey: Fun Food & Activities for Kids!"?

"Let's Talk Turkey: Fun Food & Activities for Kids!" is a cookbook and activity book designed specifically for children to learn about and participate in the Thanksgiving holiday. It includes easy and fun recipes for kids to make, as well as games and crafts to keep them entertained.

What age range is this book suitable for?

This book is suitable for children ages 5-12. Younger children may need more assistance from an adult, while older children can complete the activities and recipes more independently.

Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies to consider with the recipes?

Yes, the recipes in this book are designed to be kid-friendly and may contain common allergens such as dairy, wheat, and nuts. However, there are alternative ingredient suggestions provided for those with dietary restrictions.

Can this book be used in a classroom or group setting?

Absolutely! "Let's Talk Turkey: Fun Food & Activities for Kids!" is a great resource for teachers, youth group leaders, or anyone looking to add some educational and creative activities to their Thanksgiving celebrations.

Are there any safety precautions to keep in mind while using this book?

Yes, it is important to supervise children while they are using knives, stoves, and other potentially dangerous kitchen tools. Also, make sure to follow all food safety guidelines when preparing and handling ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • purpampchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Pampered Laura