• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lesson Learned: Being Too Nice Can Bite You In The Butt!

In summary, the person called a recruit lead (past host) and the line went dead. The recruit lead's past host declined to speak with her, so she called again. This time, the line went straight to VM - "Hi, you have reached xxxxxx xxxxxx, Ind Consultant with The Pampered Chef". The past host's credit card was declined three times and she would never call back. Rather than her host (potential recruit) lose some of her benefits, the past host paid with her TPC debit card and requested that the products be shipped directly to her. It is what it is, but man does it suck!!:mad: lesson learned - being too nice will really bite you
amy07
I just called a recruit lead (past host) and the line went dead. So I called again, this time it went to straight to VM - "Hi, you have reached xxxxxx xxxxxx, Ind Consultant with The Pampered CHef". :bugeye::bugeye:
My heart sank to the floor. I left her a great message of how happy I was that she started her business, and that if she had any questions she could always call me even though she decided to sign with someone else and wished her much success.
Now, I did NOT drop the ball with this lady. What really ticks me off, is that I really spent a lot of time with her, ideas of where to get bookings/leads etc. Explaining kits and commission structure - where to find her first recruit leads....

And if that is NOT enough, this show cost me $$$$. The past host's credit card was declined 3 times and she would never call me back. Rather than my host (potential recruit) lose some of her benefits, I paid with my TPC debit card and requested that the products be shipped directly to me (they weren't - working that out with HO).

It is what it is, but man does it suck!!:mad: lesson learned - being too nice will really bite you in the butt!:grumpy:

:( Sorry!!! {{HUGS!!!}}

That sucks! So sorry--hope you get the product/cc issue resolved!

((((HUGS)))) That really stinks! I am sorry that happend to you!

Hugs Amy...so sorry this happened!!

thanks......I'm still sick to my stomach about it.

Oh no! If you are really curious, HO will tell you who she signed with. I truely do not understand some people....

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry...and what a way to find out! Thank goodness that what goes around, comes around.

Amy, I'm so sorry. I'm sick for you....

{{{{{{Amy}}}}}}}

I hope she is embarrassed for herself!

Amy,
I am sorry this happened to you. I had this happen a couple of months ago and it sucks!!! I even had another lead tell me oh I heard so and so signed and I am so happy for both of you. I didn't even know what to say. I just got to the point where I can wish her well with her business, but I think she would have done better on my team. Thats fair right? I hope you get another recruit who is great to take her place.

Oh that's terrible!! I'm so sorry that happened.:(

(((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry that happened!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

There's a better one out there for you.

bethcooks4u said:
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

There's a better one out there for you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} from me too. I so agree with what Beth says. Not only is there a better one out there for you, but not sure I would want this one on my team. If her party had such troubles with money and closing, etc. then you may have the same issues to deal with

Me? I would probably drop her like the dead weight she is. If she is as loyal as this to you, she probably will be drifting out of the business in 6 months to a year. Maybe your energies are best concentrated on someone more worthy of your time.

Amy, so very sorry!

I had the same type of thing happen to me...I recruited a consultant (took time to do that), trained her like crazy (again WAYYYY more time), then she did 2 shows (catalog) and stopped selling.

I tried to follow up with her and she wouldn't return calls. Then when she did, she asked if she could go to a meeting closer to her home, so I set her up with hospitality (she only lives 45 minutes from me)....after months of not selling and not returning voicemails, I found that she had gone inactive and immediately signed with the Hospitality director.

Hey, have at her -- ha!

Amy I'm sorry too.

I just had something similar happen w/1 of my Hospitality consultants......she just re-signed 1 of my former consultants (with in a year) that I have been in contact with plus the Hospitality consultant knew that she was on my team b/c she did come to team meetings......
the way I found out was in an email from the Hospitality consultant sending me her stats & then oh by the way I promoted to Team Leader & I just re-signed _____ see you Monday at the meeting.........
WOW......R U freaken kidding me???!!!

:)

Ugh - I am so sorry.
Big big HUGS to you.

How sad that there are such unthoughtful people out there. If you want to switch or go with someone else, then have the kahoonas to have a conversation with everyone you have either spoken to or signed under. As we can see, it hurts whether someone is honest and confronts you with it or if you go behind their back and sign with someone else.

I have a feeling that the new 6 months instead of the year expiration on our contracts will now create more of this kind of a situation. Hang on to your hats!:chef:

pamperedlinda said:
Oh no! If you are really curious, HO will tell you who she signed with. I truely do not understand some people....

you know, it really doesn't matter. This morning I was still really bothered with it (and now too), but then I thought ,you know there is some Director out there or maybe even a brand new Team Leader that thinks they just hit the jackpot. Wouldn't we all love to get a Lead and before we could ever even call them they were doing their agreement online.........What is giving me some sense of satisfaction is that one day she may be in the same situation but in the role as recruiter.
I'm just really down, because I've been in a real recruiting slump lately, and she was definitely a spark. Whoever got her on their team will have a producer. Atleast until her underhanded ways catch up with her.......MEOW;)

amy07 said:
you know, it really doesn't matter. This morning I was still really bothered with it (and now too), but then I thought ,you know there is some Director out there or maybe even a brand new Team Leader that thinks they just hit the jackpot. Wouldn't we all love to get a Lead and before we could ever even call them they were doing their agreement online.........What is giving me some sense of satisfaction is that one day she may be in the same situation but in the role as recruiter.
I'm just really down, because I've been in a real recruiting slump lately, and she was definitely a spark. Whoever got her on their team will have a producer. Atleast until her underhanded ways catch up with her.......MEOW;)

Amy, I am SO in awe of how you are dealing with this. I just wish there was something I could say to you to help you feel better about recruiting. She was a spark, but sparks go our quickly. Light your fire and look for a flame!!! And you know what..you are right, what goes around comes around. Hopefully she will remember that she did that to someone. Meow is right!! Keep your chin up and when you do, it will happen.

just a little update......this lady actually sent me an e-card wishing me a happy mother's day:bugeye::yuck:
ya think she's just being spiteful or really totally clueless?:sick:

my real vote is on spiteful. especially after our discussions on how recruiting helps your business

I agree with spiteful...which really seals her characture. I still think you are better off without her. I would ignore her...she'll go away when she finds someone else to bully and they react to her foolishness. Please let me know when this little b%&ch fails in her business. I will play the music while you and everyone else does the happy dance!!!

meOW!!! hiss, hiss!

Ann - you crack me up!

Put her on your consultant newsletter list (either mail or email) and RECOGNIZE THE HECK out of your team members!!! Now, perhaps her director will do tons of recognition too, but, hey--it would show her what a good recruiter and director you already are.

What does the phrase "being too nice can bite you in the butt" mean?

The phrase means that being overly kind and accommodating to others can lead to negative consequences or being taken advantage of.

How can being too nice affect my relationships?

Being too nice can lead to imbalanced relationships where one person is constantly giving and the other is constantly taking. It can also cause resentment and frustration if your kindness is not reciprocated.

What are some signs that I may be being too nice?

Some signs include constantly putting others' needs before your own, feeling guilty when you say no, and feeling drained or exhausted from constantly trying to please others.

How can I find a balance between being nice and setting boundaries?

It's important to remember that being kind and setting boundaries are not mutually exclusive. You can still be a caring and thoughtful person while also asserting your own needs and boundaries. Practice saying no and communicating your needs in a calm and assertive manner.

What are some tips for avoiding the negative consequences of being too nice?

Some tips include learning to say no, setting boundaries, and prioritizing your own needs and well-being. It's also important to surround yourself with people who respect and appreciate your kindness, rather than taking advantage of it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
fruit76loop