• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lead Binder -- Do You Want One?

In summary, this is a way to make more money and increase your business by having a lead binder with information about your customers and recruits.
genburk
Silver Member
Do you need more shows? Are you looking for recruits? Could you use more wedding showers or more people to use the wedding registry? How about those fair slips and booth slips? Maybe need to keep information about a fundraising opportunity? Want to make more money and increase your business?

Here is one way, and you can make it yourself......

In January, we made Lead Binders at our meeting. It is a simple 3 ring binder. For the cover, we took a piece of paper and wrote Lead Binder on top. Below it are 2 columns.

On the left, we wrote

Includes:
Past Hostess
Inactive Consultants
Door Prize slips
Individual Order Customers
Consultant leads
Booking leads
List of 100
[Just added booth / Fair slips to mine]

On the right, we wrote

Contact about:
Monthly Specials
Bookings
Wedding Showers
Wedding Registry
The Opportunity
Fundraisers

Then we added A-Z dividers.

We used one piece of notebook paper for each person or business (you could type and print one also). We wrote their name in Marker on top.

For a past host we included:
Address
Phone number
Show number
$ amount
Past host number
Past host number expiration date

Any likes or dislikes, notes, family members names. That way when you do contact them again, you can 'remember' them better. You could also include the recipe used, # attending the show, notes about host coaching - so that next time you can make it better.

For a consultant lead (or better yet one that changes their mind and decides not to) we include:

Name
address
phone number
any information about their decision
any info about them to let you 'remember' them better (family members, etc)

For Drawing slips / Door prize slips we included:
address
phone
and stapled their door prize slip to it, so we know what they said.

I am going to make a copy of my 'List of 100' and add it, so that I can refer to it as needed . I also am going to write in the date that I call these people, so that when I look through it, I will know when I contacted them last and don't try again too soon.

When you need to increase your business, you can look to your lead binder and see who you might be able to call. It would be real good for keeping track of those customers / recruits that seem to be forgotten after awhile, and you never contact again. Now you can look in your lead binder and be reminded of them.

Is there anyone else, or anything else you can think of that we can add?

Oh, I *like* this! :)

I might have to set one up myself! Thanks for sharing!

I'm having a duh moment....I love the idea of this, but just can't "see" it. Is there a way you could take a picture for stupid people like me, lol.???

Thanks, I think I desperately need to do this, just not sure how, as I can't imagine it in my head.

Lisa

I'm going to make one this week - thx for the idea! I'm also going to keep a phone log with each customer with notes. That way I don't call too often or too infrequently. :) And I can refer back to past conversations so they feel "remembered". For example, I contacted a lady who is interested in hosting in a few months, and when I called her last week she mentioned she was on vacation visitng her mother who had recently had a stroke. When I speak with her next, I can ask about her mom. I think a big part of the key here is keeping the business personal. This Lead Binder is going to help out BIG time for me. Thanks again!

I think it would be great to remember her Mom and ask about her.

I have a few people that didn't have a show yet - but told me sometime in the future, mentioned signing up - but not the right time, LOVE the stoneware and PC - but don't want to host (note to self - call them later and try again) and others that just don't have any 'official' paperwork.

It is a great idea for those drawing slips too. Someone who didn't book - but did check maybe, someone who checked interested in making money - but answered no to the opportunity.

I have used this while doing other things also, like taking it with me to work, to try to call a number or two while on my break.

It also would be a good idea to take to your shows and if you arrive too early, you could call....if you pullover and call before you hit the host's driveway. :)

And you can customize to fit you, whatever people or things you want to add, anyone that you might need or want to contact in the future.

It is yours to make and use......

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I love the idea of this, but just can't "see" it. Is there a way you could take a picture for stupid people like me, lol.???

Thanks, I think I desperately need to do this, just not sure how, as I can't imagine it in my head.

Lisa
No question is stupid, especially if you are trying something new.

I can try to get pictures, but to be honest, it just notebook paper with the two lists on the cover page, and each paper inside has the contact information on it. It is all handwritten so far, so nothing fancy.

The only reason I really use a cover sheet is to remind me what to put in it, and what to call about.

Each paper inside just has name, address, phone number, and notes about that contact. I will see if my son can take a picture and upload it. He has the camera.

Thanks for sharing the Lead Binder - if anyone out there has not tried this - it is a great way to keep yourself "up" on who - what - when = and where your leads are for booking and signing.

I personally set it up by "time" rather than alpha order.

exp: call in 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. Once I have made contact, I remove their sheet and move it to the coorespondong month of next contact and this way I don't have to wonder who I need to contact in June - it is already there waiting for me...

My .02

This is a wonderful idea and thanks for sharing. I'm a visual person, too and I would love to see pictures as well.

Thanks for the input Gina! I think I might set mine up like that so I don't miss anyone...

another thing i've done is gotten the date tabs--so i file every paper under the date of the month i need to call. so every day i have at least 3 calls--the 3-2-1 plan!!!! I just started this so i dont have something every day yet--but i will!

it is also nice cuz you can take it to the ball practices, etc to work on while you have a few minutes and all your info is in one place!

Gina - I really like the date thing. I do keep my 3-2-1 papers in there also (in the front, so I can keep track of my 3 each day, but don't have my contacts listed by date. I might find a way to incorporate this or change it all together. Thanks for your .02. That is what I was hoping for - more ideas.

Gillian - This would also work great for those Pamper a business contacts, especially the ones that didn't order. You could keep track of what date you left the food, what you left, what dish you kept it in (so you could try a different dish next time - show them new products !), and how they received you, so you know what you did and how they responded. May not have worked when you made this dish, but maybe next time, when you made this it worked. Also you don't forget one of them that you tried and didn't order anything.

ange13 said:
it is also nice cuz you can take it to the ball practices, etc to work on while you have a few minutes and all your info is in one place!

I Agree, I take mine to work and use it during my break. Of course, being in the middle of the day, most people are gone, but you never know. I can leave a message and call that evening.

Also, my boys are out of ball, but we still have a lot we do in the summer, so any evening activities we go to might be an idea.

Don't forget those little trips you take, where you might have a time, stuck on the highway (if someone else is driving), stuck in traffic (NASCAR races have a 2-4 hour wait to get out of the parking lot !! Great time to grill, and maybe sneak in a call or two !!) Anything like that.

this is such a great idea! i love it, its so much easier to handle than those stupid little drawing slips .. i hate having 50 million of them all in different piles while i'm making phone calls! i love the idea of having them sorted by date .. maybe have "to call (then seperated in months etc)" then do recruit leads, mailing lists, email list etc. thansk so much for the info .. i'm definately going to start working on mine!!!

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I love the idea of this, but just can't "see" it. Is there a way you could take a picture for stupid people like me, lol.???

Lisa

I second it. I sometimes - well most of the time - need to see the actual thing

~

Here are the pictures for the lead binder. The cover is just scribbled on paper and I haven't made a nice cover yet, but I will, sometime....

The lead page, I made up, but it is the same as the others without the personal information.

My lead binder is set up alphabetically by last name, some have suggested setting up by date. You could do either way, just buy the dividers that you need for your system. Hope you can see them well enough.

Attachments

• lead cover.JPG
    lead cover.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 497
  • gibson lead page.JPG
    gibson lead page.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 446

1. What is a Lead Binder and why do I need one?

A Lead Binder is a tool used to keep track of potential customers and their contact information. It helps you organize and follow up with leads more effectively, increasing your chances of making a sale.

2. How do I use the Lead Binder?

The Lead Binder comes with pre-printed pages for you to fill out with customer information. Simply write down the name, phone number, and any other relevant details for each potential customer. You can also add your own notes and keep track of follow-up attempts.

3. Can I customize the Lead Binder to fit my needs?

Yes, the Lead Binder is designed to be customizable. You can rearrange the pages, add or remove sections, and even include your own branding. This way, you can tailor the binder to best suit your business and personal style.

4. Is the Lead Binder only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the Lead Binder can be used by any salesperson or business owner who wants to keep track of potential customers. It is a useful tool for organizing leads and following up, regardless of which company you represent.

5. How many pages are included in the Lead Binder?

The Lead Binder comes with 50 pre-printed pages, which should be enough to get you started. However, you can purchase additional pages if needed. The binder also has room for you to add your own pages, so you can customize it to fit your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • amy07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • Becca_in_MD