• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last Chance to Join My Team - Deadline Approaching for Directorship Promotion!

I'm going to try and get my friend to come out to one of my shows and then I'll see if she wants to sign then.I'm from Syracuse, too! I'm so glad to hear that your efforts are paying off. I know that it can be tough to get people to take notice, but if you keep at it and are sincere about what you do, eventually they will.Keep calling. Ask everyone at your shows. DON'T be desperate!! If you are too needy no one will join you. Make it about THEM and what it can do for you.The nice thing is if you get that one recruit and he/she qualified and you promote, you already have a director under you keeping
vangogirl
Well, here's my story. I have 4 active. 2 of them are qualified and 2 will be soon. I NEED 1 more but now have a deadline which I don't deal well with. My first recruit promoted July 1st. So now, I HAVE to promote by September 30. My summer has been really slow so I haven't been in front of that many people. I am calling everyone I know, friends and family to get them to help me out. I read the other thread and some of you said that you don't want to accept directorship right away for fear of losing it. THIS IS NOT AN OPTION. I need one more and I need it NOW!
HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Good luck!!! I would be happy with one recruit.

Why is it not an option to wait until you have a steady amount of recruits coming in before accepting directorship? You said that you haven't been in front of people enough this summer, so that would naturally reduce the number of potential recruits for you. I know of one girl who became a director back in December, walked at Leadership with 8 active, qualified recruits, and she is now in relinquishment and will probably lose directorship because she hasn't been recruiting actively. Unless you plan to continue recruiting regularly and not just until you get 5 to become a director, you risk not being able to hold onto it and sliding backwards to FD again. Think about your goals and your deadlines, and why you have them, and see if it's not worth realigning those deadlines to make sure your business is as strong as can be before you accept directorship. I'd hate for you to lose it just one month after accepting it - that would be devastating to me, personally!! Just my opinion.

If I don't make directorship by Sept 30 then I lose my recruit who just promoted. She is the top of my team, and to lose her would be bad.

Oh, never mind - I didn't read that right. So, she promoted to director, and you need to be a director to keep her in your downline, right? OK, I see. Well, then I guess you just need to book as many shows as possible and get in front of as many people as possible to increase the odds that you'll find more recruits before then!! Getting them qualified is usually pretty easy, so I would concentrate on getting them signed and then figure out the qualification part. Good luck!

Keep calling. Ask everyone at your shows. DON'T be desperate!! If you are too needy no one will join you. Make it about THEM and what it can do for you.

Look over your list of 100. Who sticks out?

I will add you to my prayers!

There is only 1 time someone can bypass you, that is directorship. If you're not a director and 1 of your recruits promotes you have 30 days to make directorship. If you don't, then she falls under my director.

vangogirl said:
There is only 1 time someone can bypass you, that is directorship. If you're not a director and 1 of your recruits promotes you have 30 days to make directorship. If you don't, then she falls under my director.

Is it 30 days or 3 months?

Anyway - good luck and I agree - DON'T sound desperate!

The nice thing is if you get that one recruit and he/she qualified and you promote, you already have a director under you keeping recruits and helping you keep directorship - good job!

Gotcha - and I agree, don't look desperate! They can smell it a mile away!! Tell people you love to train new consultants on how to have a successful business like yours and ask everyone if they've ever thought of doing what you do, then let them talk. Pass out DVDs and "Come Join Us" brochures and set up recruiting interviews regularly. Good luck!

BethCooks4U said:
Keep calling. Ask everyone at your shows. DON'T be desperate!! If you are too needy no one will join you. Make it about THEM and what it can do for you.

Look over your list of 100. Who sticks out?

I will add you to my prayers!

I know, the 'needy' thing is killing me. I don't work well with deadlines because then I fear I do come across needy. I started calling my friends back in Syracuse (where I'm from) and I have 1 who's looking at the info. I also have 1 girl here who has been saying she wants to sign mid august. I'm praying I get them both to have back up plans. lol.
My August show schedule is better than it's been all summer, which is good. I have 4 so far (all early) so I'm hoping to get a few more in there.
I've been playing the tkt game but feel like I'm pulling teeth to get any one to ask questions. Any suggestions there would be great.
Thanks.

janetupnorth said:
Is it 30 days or 3 months?

Anyway - good luck and I agree - DON'T sound desperate!

The nice thing is if you get that one recruit and he/she qualified and you promote, you already have a director under you keeping recruits and helping you keep directorship - good job!

Yes, sorry 3 months. My head is on 30 days for getting my girls qualified. Sorry.
Thanks for the great advice ladies.

You could offer them an incentive for QUALIFYING in August (signing won't do it). Maybe something great from your "stash" or one of the new products that you can buy for half price (I bet someone would like the new Appetizer Plates and Caddy and it would just cost you $30). It would be so worth it to spend that - the perks will pay you back in no time. Or maybe offer a rebate on part of the kit cost.

Give them specific ideas on how they can qualify quickly (for instance: 2 catalog shows, 1 show themselves and 1 show with someone else as host).

Do you have a sister or best friend (or mom) that would do this just for the 4 shows to help you? Who knows she might just decide to stay on once she's in.

DUH! I should have caught the 3 months thing too!

Well, it still is worth your while to promote by September 1 anyway if you can! Then that stress will be lifted.

I agree offer an incentive. Your mom? Do you have a sister? Your best friend? Maybe one of them would sign to help you out. Ya never know they might really take off with it.

I like Beth's idea of a gift for qualifying. Sometimes that little something extra is what pushes people off the fence into actually signing and doing something. Some gals in my extended cluster offer $25 back if new recruits qualify in 30 days, but the appetizer plates would really kick butt. (And WHEN you promote, you'll get the Director sample package, so you'll have an extra set anyway.)

"Show me the money!" You've heard the expression from the movie before, right? I do not know if this will work or not, but I plan to try it at my next party. I recently calculated out my per-hour wage based on this year's gross commission divided by show count divided by 4. (I did not worry about which ones were catalog shows versus cooking shows, just decided that 4 hours is the average time a show takes.) I was amazed to see that I'm making $30.50 an hour! That's more than my day job! I then calculated it out for my recruit and found that she's making over $28 an hour. We are both active in the hobby to part-time range (1-6 shows a month, average sales of $488 to $500), so I plan to emphasize that real money can be made even when you work full-time (me) or stay home with 3 kids under age 4 (my recruit). I'm hoping this will show that anyone can do this business and that it can legitimately meet needs.

Sometimes I made my icebreaker question (when guests introduce themselves) be: what would you do with an extra $400 a month? Then I start my show by telling them that they can work this business into their schedule and pay most any bill other than a mortgage with the income, so please watch what I do tonight to see that you can do it too!

WOOHOO!!!!!! I have a recruiting interview Wednesday from my show last night! Wish me LOTS of luck!

Praise the Lord! Get her signed! Maybe she can hold a $600 show for herself and then divide it into 4 $150 shows so she can qualify a.s.a.p!

cathyskitchen said:
Unless you plan to continue recruiting regularly and not just until you get 5 to become a director, you risk not being able to hold onto it and sliding backwards to FD again.

I did want to make sure people knew that you don't slide back down to FD. When you relinquish your directorship, you LOSE all your downline to your director and have to start all over again.

cmdtrgd said:
I did want to make sure people knew that you don't slide back down to FD. When you relinquish your directorship, you LOSE all your downline to your director and have to start all over again.

OMGosh!:eek: That's crummy! All that work for nothin?

aPamperedBride said:
"Show me the money!" You've heard the expression from the movie before, right? I do not know if this will work or not, but I plan to try it at my next party.

Sometimes I made my icebreaker question (when guests introduce themselves) be: what would you do with an extra $400 a month? Then I start my show by telling them that they can work this business into their schedule and pay most any bill other than a mortgage with the income, so please watch what I do tonight to see that you can do it too!

I just did my "$ per hour" and I'm making about $35 per hour with 4 show a month and with no downline! That is more than I thought! I'm going to have to share at my next show and also do the "what would you do with an extra $400 per month?" question!

Great ideas. Thanks so much...
Now I gotta call my two potential recruits and see if this amount is what they need to hear to sign.

I hate to be a downer, but there are strict guidelines in what we can and cannot say to a possible recruit. We don't earn a paycheck, we earn commission. We don't earn money per hour, we earn money per show. However, you CAN say that you figured it out and this is what you did last month/week/show, whatever.

Oh, right! I wasn't going to say that I earn $xxx per hour, but for most people it is helpful to have that comparison so they can see how easy it is to make "real" money with PC.

I was planning to say something like...
On average, I earn $500 per month doing 4 to 5 shows and spend about 4 to 5 hours on each show, including the show itself and travel time. If you divide a typical commission check with the average hours I spend, you will see that I earn approximately $35 per hour... about 1/2 of which is done at home and probably in my jammies! And one of the best parts about this job is I don't have to wait for my boss to do my yearly review to hope I get a raise. If I want more - either for a specific purchase or on an ongoing basis - I do more shows! The more shows you do, the more you make! It is as easy as that.

Katie - that is perfect!

Katie great words.

cathyskitchen said:
Why is it not an option to wait until you have a steady amount of recruits coming in before accepting directorship? You said that you haven't been in front of people enough this summer, so that would naturally reduce the number of potential recruits for you. I know of one girl who became a director back in December, walked at Leadership with 8 active, qualified recruits, and she is now in relinquishment and will probably lose directorship because she hasn't been recruiting actively. Unless you plan to continue recruiting regularly and not just until you get 5 to become a director, you risk not being able to hold onto it and sliding backwards to FD again. Think about your goals and your deadlines, and why you have them, and see if it's not worth realigning those deadlines to make sure your business is as strong as can be before you accept directorship. I'd hate for you to lose it just one month after accepting it - that would be devastating to me, personally!! Just my opinion.
It is much harder to achieve directorship than lose it. Once you have 5 active at one time I would advise anyone to accept the promotion. The thing is you need to KEEP recruiting - keep up the momentum that got you there - and always (even before becoming a director) encourage your recruits to recruit. As soon as you promote with your 5 personally qualified recruits all of those who were recruited by them become your first line and they all count to keep you a director (unless someone has promoted - those are second line).

PC gives new directors 6 months before they can go into relinquishment and then another 3 months to get out of it so anyone should be able to keep it if they really want it and work for it.

YAY. I am so excited. I have a girl who is signing next Thursday when she gets paid. She is going to start calling people this week to schedule her 1st 30 days. For so long I've felt like this is hopeless with my Sept 30 deadline, but now, I feel like I'm going to do it! I WILL BE A DIRECTOR BY SEPT 30!!!

WOO HOO!!:balloon: :balloon:

I'll keep on praying for you!! ...and you keep on recruiting!

Jennifer - I'm so excited for you! Someone posted something about the pass-by in the shoutbox yesterday, and I thought of you. I'm glad you're on your way to making your goal and keeping your team. :)

Thank you. You guys have offered so much knowledge and support since I've joined a year ago. I have a great director but it's always nice to have this extended support group! :)

I am sooo excited for you! :D :D What an awesome (and nerve-wrecking) way to make your goal!! AND you will already have one director under you!! WAY TO GO!!:thumbup:

ok......so she didn't sign. right now she's got a lot going on and still wants to but needs to postpone.
I've got 2 other leads I'm working on. I need to get 1 signed by the end of this month so I can get them qualified by the end of september. I'm losing my mind!

vangogirl said:
ok......so she didn't sign. right now she's got a lot going on and still wants to but needs to postpone.
I've got 2 other leads I'm working on. I need to get 1 signed by the end of this month so I can get them qualified by the end of september. I'm losing my mind!

That really is a downer! OK, enough about her, good luck on the other 2! Sending director vibes your way! (Once you get them signed, send the vibes back, I really want to be a FD before the end of the year!:D )

Have you talked to YOUR director and sat down and worked out a game plan for this?

I talk to my director almost daily as we have become good friends. Game plan? Is there really a game plan for something like this? It's all about 3.2.1 and having enough shows to be in front of enough people, isn't it? I don't know if there is anything more I can do. I talk to people, answer questions, they need time to think and talk to husbands or whatever and I sit and wait. If there is a different game plan that anyone knows about and would love to share....I'm all ears. :)

Don't just sit and wait. People will forget about you, even if they asked you for the time to consider it. Give them a day, then call and ask if they're ready to get started. Or, better yet, "When can we order your kit and get you started?" because that one's not a yes/no question. :)

Oh, yes, I do follow up. Infact, I need to make a couple of phone calls today as it has been a couple of days since we've talked. I know people aren't going to call me back, so I am very diligent about making those calls. But when we talk and it's I'm still not sure or I still have to talk to my husband, then what do I do? The one that wants to talk to her hubby, I offered to sit down with them both tomorrow night to address any concerns and questions. So, we shall see!

Good luck, by the way. I hope you get all the recruits you need, plus some - and they all qualify!
Have you considered offering a little incentive to people who sign and qualify by your deadline? In addition to the current recruiting incentive from HO. :)

Yes, I have done that. I'm offering new products that I earned such as the boning knife, because I probably won't use that. I'm thinking I need to offer just a sign on bonus to get them signed and then worry about getting them qualified.

Good luck Jennifer! You can do this, just keep positive!

Jennifer,

I am continuing to pray for you that you are able to accept directorship by the deadline you have but know that even if that doesn't happen you still have the rest of your team and are still close to promoting even if she passes you by. I KNOW you would love to have her in your downline (who wouldn't) but if it doesn't happen for you right now it won't be the end of the world. You will be in a better place when you do promote and you are on track to do just that with all the work you've been doing lately. Remember things do not always happen on OUR time schedule.

That all being said, you still have time to pull through! Good luck and keep smiling! She or he is just around the corner!

Good luck Jennifer! I am pulling for you!

Thanks everyone. I talked to my other lead tonight and she wants to wait until after she has her baby in December and gets settled. I still have 1 left that I'm talking to, but she isn't really an all out excited lead. So, we'll see. At this point, I'm thinking it's not going to happen in time, which I'm going to have to deal with. It's very disappointing and upsetting, but also almost a relief as I have been unbelievably stressed about this whole thing.
Thanks to everyone for your support and advice!

I certainly sympathize with you! I have a recruit with 4 recruits of her own. I only barely have 2, and one hasn't qualified yet. I have a feeling my recruit is going to get out from under me, and I'm trying to do my best, but all my leads are dry right now.

Melody
I wish you the best of luck. It is very frusterating to know you could possibly lose one of your team members, especially one that is obviously a good producer!

1. How many active recruits do you currently have?

I currently have four active recruits.

2. How many of your recruits are qualified and how many will be soon?

Two of my recruits are currently qualified and two will be soon.

3. What is the deadline for the Directorship promotion?

The deadline for the Directorship promotion is September 30th.

4. How do you plan to reach your goal of promoting by the deadline?

I am currently reaching out to everyone I know, including friends and family, to help me reach my goal. I am also actively looking for opportunities to present the Pampered Chef opportunity to potential recruits.

5. Is it possible to delay accepting Directorship if I reach my goal later than the deadline?

Unfortunately, delaying accepting Directorship is not an option as the deadline for the promotion is set for September 30th. However, I am determined to reach my goal and am working hard to do so before the deadline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
smile10308
  • pckelly