• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Electrics-What to Get When You Don't Want Any of It?

In summary, there is a conversation among consultants about reaching Level 2 and not being interested in any of the available prizes. Suggestions are made to use the prizes as donations or incentives for their teams or customers. Some consultants express their disappointment in the available prizes and suggest more business-related options. Others are grateful for the opportunity to earn prizes. There is also a discussion about the promotion being based on commissionable sales, not including half-price or 60% off items.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So I earned Level 2 and there is NOTHING that interests me. So now what?

Can I get two of the 10" skillets and use them as donations or gifts or something? (Relay for life bingo gift?)

I am not interested in any of these items, but at the same time I think I have to pick something.

What do you all think?

It's a tough problem to have! I'm suffering from that too. I wanted to earn the KA stand mixer, but I'll miss level 3 by @ $1200 :( I'm probably going to get SS cookware and use it as incentives for my team or give it away at my Customer Appreciation party later this year.

You can only get 1 of any prize. I'm not thrilled about any of the prizes either, but I'm getting the Ice Cream maker and the KA Hand Mixer.

Does anyone in your family need or would like any of those things? Maybe you'll be able to cross someone off your Chirstmas list early this year.

I agree - SS Cookware to give away later is a good idea.

I just hit level 2 last night and I agree, there wasn't one thing that stood out to me when this incentive came out, but I am choosing the waffle maker, something that I think we would use, but I have no idea where to put it. I agree, get some of the cookware and use them for incentives for hosts or consultants or something..or donations would be a great idea if you get asked a couple times a year..

If I really didn't want it or didn't think I could use it either I wouldn't get it. Remember the value of it is on your 1099 at the end of the year, so, if you get something for "free" that you never use you still end up paying for it.

I'm probably doing the hand mixer & ice cream maker too. I don't know. I LOVE to earn stuff, but would rather have an office max gift card!

Nothing peeked my interest either. I would get the SS Skillet and give as a gift.

The KA Stand Mixer piqued my interest. I'm sorry! I've been seeing alot of peek, peak, and even pecking of interest going on around here. It is pique.

Sorry the spelling thing is kinda like a Monk thing for me. I kept quiet as long as I could!! :p Love ya'll. Don't kill me!

I am getting the smoothie maker. It was really the only thing that interested me, that I do not already own.

Wish I had this problem... ;)
I'm open to donations... ;)

There was another thread about this...

I made level 1, and honestly, there is nothing I need or want. Had my eye on the margarita maker, but didn't make that level. If anyone wants to trade a maragarita make for the 10 inch skillet let me know!

If I had my way, the incentives would have been more business related. I can't make ice cream at a show, or use the hand mixer at my shows. Now, a GPS would have been great, a rolling case for laptop/paperwork, etc, stuff like that would have been my preference.

I wish I had that problem. I have about 6 things picked out for me!!! I think I will be at level two at about 10:00 tomorrow night!!! Margaritas here I come!!!!!

I really wanted several items in Level 2 but was lucky to hit Level 1 after my lowest month last month!

LOL, glad I'm not the only one under-whelmed with the choices! I wanted the stand mixer too; but not going to reach that level.

Another queston- Is this promotion based on commissionable sales or is it total sales (i.e half off and 60% off items too)

Thanks

PamperChefCarol said:
There was another thread about this...

I made level 1, and honestly, there is nothing I need or want. Had my eye on the margarita maker, but didn't make that level. If anyone wants to trade a maragarita make for the 10 inch skillet let me know!

If I had my way, the incentives would have been more business related. I can't make ice cream at a show, or use the hand mixer at my shows. Now, a GPS would have been great, a rolling case for laptop/paperwork, etc, stuff like that would have been my preference.

I'm with you, business related would be better or a choice of both.

loreo said:
Another queston- Is this promotion based on commissionable sales or is it total sales (i.e half off and 60% off items too)

Thanks

Consultants and above do not earn anything on the half-price items or 60% off items. All promotions are based on commissionable sales only. I don't recall there ever being a promotion where the 1/2 off and 60%'s counted.

If anyone is curious... I have the ice cream maker from level 1. I did a lot of research before purchasing it with wedding gift cards. It was one of the best you could get and even came recommended by martha stewart - lol! You keep the bowl in your freezer and can use it for ice cream or frozen yogurt - it comes with a little book of recipes and of course there are many others that you can find online. I love LOVE it and would go for that one if I didn't already own it.As for me, I also have the same problem - I would have gone crazy over a Vita Mix blender! Business supplies or PC dollars as an option would have been nice too though. I do admire that they are always trying to shake things up and offer something a little different. :)

Thanks- still new to this.

<------ will take a free SS skillet, hee-hee!!!!

You know I am still trying to think and figure out what I am going to pick I don't see anything that really excites me either.

pampered.chris said:
Consultants and above do not earn anything on the half-price items or 60% off items. All promotions are based on commissionable sales only. I don't recall there ever being a promotion where the 1/2 off and 60%'s counted.

The only promotion that we got credit for 1/2 off, 60% off and free products was the points earned on cookware a few years back. Then you got the full points no matter how it was "paid" for.

Other than that, always assume commissionable sales and be pleasantly surprised if it is anything else.

pcsharon1 said:
The only promotion that we got credit for 1/2 off, 60% off and free products was the points earned on cookware a few years back. Then you got the full points no matter how it was "paid" for.

Other than that, always assume commissionable sales and be pleasantly surprised if it is anything else.

That's right! I forgot about that!

I just earned the first level with $1292. I was going to get the Kitchen aid hand mixer. But my DH says we already have one. I tell him I know we do but we got it for a wedding gift (12 years ago) and I don't know how long it is going to last and I love it!!! My neighbor was over last night and we were looking at the stuff and she said the cocoa/latte maker looks fun. Now, I don't know which one to get!!!

I've seen the hot cocoa mixer, and it's really cool. The only thing is, what do you do with it after it warms up outside and you no longer crave hot chocolate intraveneously like I am craving it tonight? It is cool though! Hand mixers are pretty inexpensive, even for a pretty decent one. I just got a new one because my 10+ year old one I got as a wedding gift finally crapped out. The one I bought is very nice and cost about $20.

I really wanted the commercial blender from level three, but I was about $2000 shy of that. So, since my brand-new coffee maker sucks, I will be choosing the coffee maker. I know I'll be using that baby every day!

If I didn't like any of it, I'd definitely choose the cookware. You can always use it as an incentive of some sort. We hold pc bingo around here, and we use cookware as the BIG prizes. Free for something like that would be awesome!

We are getting the ice cream maker. It's something that I can use w/ my son & our home grown fruit in the summer. I can't wait to use it.

pamperedalf said:
We are getting the ice cream maker. It's something that I can use w/ my son & our home grown fruit in the summer. I can't wait to use it.

I have it and it's great!

pamperedlinda said:
I have it and it's great!

Thanks Linda, you just made my day!!!!:)

I also have that particular ice cream maker and have had it since my wedding ~ over 10 yrs. ago. It's still in great shape and makes GREAT ice cream! Good choice!

pamperedlinda said:
That makes me happy :)

janezapchef said:
I also have that particular ice cream maker and have had it since my wedding ~ over 10 yrs. ago. It's still in great shape and makes GREAT ice cream! Good choice!

I want it now!!!!!!! Dh wants homemade rocky road!

I do have somoa girl scout cookie ice cream, I guess that will work until I get.

Thanks ladies!!!

janezapchef said:

Jane, sounds like you got some good wedding gifts...LOL

Yep, unfortunately, most are reaching the end of their life cycles, but that ice cream maker keeps plugging away!

janezapchef said:
Yep, unfortunately, most are reaching the end of their life cycles, but that ice cream maker keeps plugging away!

We just got cash..that reached its lifecycle on our honeymoon! ha ha

pamperedalf said:

I love it so much, I have 2 of them. And don't save it until summer, you can make ice cream anytime!

janezapchef said:
I've seen the hot cocoa mixer, and it's really cool. The only thing is, what do you do with it after it warms up outside and you no longer crave hot chocolate intraveneously like I am craving it tonight? It is cool though! Hand mixers are pretty inexpensive, even for a pretty decent one. I just got a new one because my 10+ year old one I got as a wedding gift finally crapped out. The one I bought is very nice and cost about $20.

I really wanted the commercial blender from level three, but I was about $2000 shy of that. So, since my brand-new coffee maker sucks, I will be choosing the coffee maker. I know I'll be using that baby every day!

If I didn't like any of it, I'd definitely choose the cookware. You can always use it as an incentive of some sort. We hold pc bingo around here, and we use cookware as the BIG prizes. Free for something like that would be awesome!

I was thinking of getting the cookware to use at the Relay For Life Bingo game. I really wish I could get 2 of the 10" skillets. I don't think I want to go with the full 5-pc set, although, that would make someone want to buy more for sure....BUT, none of the Prizes at the Relay Bingo are over $100, so the fact that I would give a 10" skillet, would be an excellent prize in itself.

My DD is begging for either the ice cream maker or smoothie maker. I think after reading everyone's posts, I will get the ice cream maker.

I got level 2 and none of the stuff interests me or DH. So I have decided to get the 5 piece SS set for my Mom. She is my biggest cheerleader and advertising agent.

She went to a jewlery party and handed out 3 of my business cards, she's shameless. Then again so am I - her birthday is coming up. LOL

Chef Kearns said:
The KA Stand Mixer piqued my interest. I'm sorry! I've been seeing alot of peek, peak, and even pecking of interest going on around here. It is pique.

Sorry the spelling thing is kinda like a Monk thing for me. I kept quiet as long as I could!! :p Love ya'll. Don't kill me!

Piquey, piquey, picquey.

Well, one thing you can do is trade with me for the stainless cookware that you don't want and that I DO!!!! I have several pieces of the forged cutlery that I just don't use. I have all 7 out of 8 and really just use 3 of them. I'll even throw in the knife case I earned this fall.
Hmmm....just a thought. What do you think?
E-mail me if you want the details.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Piquey, piquey, picquey.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was paying attention!! Come to find out it is the most important person!!

jeninthekitchen5 said:
Well, one thing you can do is trade with me for the stainless cookware that you don't want and that I DO!!!! I have several pieces of the forged cutlery that I just don't use. I have all 7 out of 8 and really just use 3 of them. I'll even throw in the knife case I earned this fall.
Hmmm....just a thought. What do you think?
E-mail me if you want the details.

Hmmm indeed.

I'll have to think on that.

I really wanted the Margarita maker on the $8000 level but my February shows didn't close in a timely manner. I only hit Level 1. Since the item will appear as "other income" on my 1099 I was thinking two things: 1) give as a Christmas gift to a family member, OR 2) an incentive to my downline and get the 10" SS pan. If I do #2 I can write it off!!!! I already have the 10" SS pan myself so I don't need another one.

So how soon can we order pick our prize and where do we go to do that?

March 16 they will notify us what level we earned and we can pick it then.

I know, there is nothing I want. I guess I could do the SS cookware and give it away, but you're right, I do have to pay taxes on it....but if I gave it away I could write it off...nothing I saw or wanted. Already have a KA stand mixer, so don't need the hand one....We don't drink margaritas or anything else like that....I have a KA blender for smoothies....I just needed a new vacume cleaner, wished they would have had something like that....

When can we order? I thought we had to order by march 15 but I can't see how. Anyone know?

trps said:
When can we order? I thought we had to order by march 15 but I can't see how. Anyone know?

We will be notified the week of March 16th to begin making our selections.

So what'd you guys get? I chose the hot choco maker, & the ice cream maker...figured we'd use those the most.

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Kitchen Electrics-What to Get When You Don't Want Any of It?</h2><p>1. What does the Level 2 reward for "Kitchen Electrics" consist of?</p><p>2. Are there any alternative options for those who do not want any of the items offered in the Level 2 reward?</p><p>3. Can I choose to donate or gift the items I receive in the Level 2 reward?</p><p>4. Do I have to select an item from the Level 2 reward, or can I opt out entirely?</p><p>5. Are there any other rewards or incentives for earning Level 2 in the "Kitchen Electrics" category?</p><h2>So I earned Level 2 and there is NOTHING that interests me. So now what?</h2><p>If there are no items that interest you in the Level 2 reward, you can choose to opt out and not select any item. Alternatively, you can also choose to donate or gift the items to someone else.</p><h2>Can I get two of the 10" skillets and use them as donations or gifts or something? (Relay for life bingo gift?)</h2><p>Yes, you can choose to receive two of the 10" skillets and use them as donations or gifts. You can also mix and match items from the Level 2 reward to suit your needs.</p><h2>I am not interested in any of these items, but at the same time I think I have to pick something. What do you all think?</h2><p>We understand that everyone's preferences and needs may differ. If there are no items that interest you in the Level 2 reward, you can choose to opt out and not select any item. Alternatively, you can also choose to donate or gift the items to someone else. It's entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.</p>

Related to Kitchen Electrics-What to Get When You Don't Want Any of It?

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Kitchen Electrics-What to Get When You Don't Want Any of It?

1. What does the Level 2 reward for "Kitchen Electrics" consist of?

2. Are there any alternative options for those who do not want any of the items offered in the Level 2 reward?

3. Can I choose to donate or gift the items I receive in the Level 2 reward?

4. Do I have to select an item from the Level 2 reward, or can I opt out entirely?

5. Are there any other rewards or incentives for earning Level 2 in the "Kitchen Electrics" category?

So I earned Level 2 and there is NOTHING that interests me. So now what?

If there are no items that interest you in the Level 2 reward, you can choose to opt out and not select any item. Alternatively, you can also choose to donate or gift the items to someone else.

Can I get two of the 10" skillets and use them as donations or gifts or something? (Relay for life bingo gift?)

Yes, you can choose to receive two of the 10" skillets and use them as donations or gifts. You can also mix and match items from the Level 2 reward to suit your needs.

I am not interested in any of these items, but at the same time I think I have to pick something. What do you all think?

We understand that everyone's preferences and needs may differ. If there are no items that interest you in the Level 2 reward, you can choose to opt out and not select any item. Alternatively, you can also choose to donate or gift the items to someone else. It's entirely up to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chezshelly
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom