• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids Love These Cute British Cartoons!

In summary, these kids watch a show on Disney called Charlie and Lola. They think they are so cute with their British accents. My 3 year old son likes it too. My 14 month old daughter just laughs at it. My 2 year old has never seen it. My DH and I keep repeating this part of DS favorite episode.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Anyone have kids that watch this show on Disney?

My 2.5 yr. DS just found this and LOVES most of them!

I actually think they are sooooo cute....probably cuz of their little British accents! ;)

Kelly... My 3 yr old son loves this show too.. they are really cute.

P.S. i still can't get enough of my pink mugs and squares! (thanks again)

Yeah I think this is pretty cute :) My 14mth old daughter just sits and laughs at it!! I love the accents too.

ginamkiely said:
Kelly... My 3 yr old son loves this show too.. they are really cute.

P.S. i still can't get enough of my pink mugs and squares! (thanks again)

At first I thought you were saying something about PINK MILK...you know, Lola's favorite drink?!? :D

Then it dawned on me you are talking about your HWC pink mugs!!

You are sooooo welcome!

:balloon: :balloon:

I have never heard of it... I will have to be on the look out for it:) Although my DD doesn't watch much tv if at all.

My guys like Charlie and Lola too. I must admit, I like it too!!:D

I love Charlie and Lola too... It is my favorite and my best. :)

my 17 month old daughter, Bella, is not interested in it much. She loves The Little Einsteins and Blue's Clues though. Amazing the stuff you find entertaining when you have no choice.. he he he

supergirljennie said:
I love Charlie and Lola too... It is my favorite and my best. :)

Oh absolutely perfectly the best in the entire world!

My DH and I keep repeating this part of DS favorite episode (where Morton comes to visit and doesn't have any fun till they start blowing bubbles in their pink milk....)
"Can I have half of your sausage?"
"Of course, can I have half your sausage?"

Well, we TRY to say it, but neither of us do a very good accent!! :blushing:

My son loves Charlie and Lola. But is mostly a Sponge Bob junkie. I think he is obnoxious! :thumbdown:

OMG - there was one with someone named "Bert" and my then 3 year old INSISTED that they were saying "Butt"!!!!!! He would laugh and laugh that they called him "Butt"!!!!

We watch it every Saturday and Sunday - my boy/girl twins will be 2 next month!

my 4yo ds likes Charlie and Lola too, but he has moved on to Max and Ruby

My 2 year old has never seen it. It sounds like something she'd like though.

I'm gathering from these posts that they have a British accent? That reminds me of the three years we spent in England... ahhhhh, so much fun! And, I LOVED teaching in a British school because of the accents of the kids.

Too bad we had to leave there!!

We love Charlie and lola -- I like Lola -- she's a hoot.
My favorite episode is when she wants to be the sun in the shcool play.
She dresses herself up in all kinds of yellow clothing and items - rain coats, boots, cleaning gloves... and starts running around the house singing:

"The sun has got his hat on -- hip hip hip hooray. The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out today..."
I may or may not have been singing this song each morning since I first heart it like 2 years ago...

and they cast her as the ugly terrible brown leaf instead.

DEVESTATION!

Incidentally -- hubby was standing behind me peeking as I typed this ... and he starting singing the sun song as he went upstairs for bed...
I sure hope that wasn't a mating call :/

yummybytes said:
We love Charlie and lola -- I like Lola -- she's a hoot.
My favorite episode is when she wants to be the sun in the shcool play.
She dresses herself up in all kinds of yellow clothing and items - rain coats, boots, cleaning gloves... and starts running around the house singing:

"The sun has got his hat on -- hip hip hip hooray. The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out today..."
I may or may not have been singing this song each morning since I first heart it like 2 years ago...

and they cast her as the ugly terrible brown leaf instead.

DEVESTATION!

Incidentally -- hubby was standing behind me peeking as I typed this ... and he starting singing the sun song as he went upstairs for bed...
I sure hope that wasn't a mating call :/

Well?!?!?!??????? :eek:

but he has moved on to Max and Ruby

never heard of charlie and lola
max and ruby annoy me, as does tipo and bino(or whatever their names are)
lol

[singing voice]
Two lost souls on the highway of life
We ain't even got a sister or brother
Ain't it just great, ain't it just grand?
We've got each other!
[/singing voice]Oops. Wrong Lola. Carry on.

My 3 yr old son like this show too. He actually changes his mind about his favorite shows every month or so. But I definitely like Charlie and Lola better than some of the other shows he likes. (I'm with you Kristin, I'm so sick of Sponge Bob!)

ahammons said:
My 3 yr old son like this show too. He actually changes his mind about his favorite shows every month or so. But I definitely like Charlie and Lola better than some of the other shows he likes. (I'm with you Kristin, I'm so sick of Sponge Bob!)
LOL! I am so glad I am not alone in all this. No matter what time of the day it is Sponge Bob is ON!!! Ethan loves Max and Ruby too!! What happened to cartoons of our time? Casper, Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, etc...

chefkristin said:
LOL! I am so glad I am not alone in all this. No matter what time of the day it is Sponge Bob is ON!!! Ethan loves Max and Ruby too!! What happened to cartoons of our time? Casper, Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, etc...

I watched tom and jerry the other day with my son, my mom found a dvd of them... WOW! they're pretty violent now that i think about it. my 3 yr old won't be watching that until he's 10 or he's going to beat up my dogs and cats. lol

I know! That show is on all the time!! And DS doesn't seem to mind at all that they're the same episodes over and over... It's pretty bad that my 18 mo old can say "Sponge Bob" because he has to be just like his big brother. There's a cartoon channel that will play the old cartoons (even the good ones, every now and then)... but DS never wants to watch them! lol

KellyTheChef said:
Well?!?!?!??????? :eek:

He was sawing logs when I made it upstairs :indif:
Oh well :balloon:

My 3 yr old DS love Charlie and Lola. He also like Handy Manny and Johnny and the Sprites. I like that my 22 mo DS also will sit and watch it. It gives me time to get breakfast ready and on the table without tripping over them in the kitchen. :)

My 6 year old actually likes this show. He came home from 1st grade and said, "Did I miss Charlie & Lola". He was used to it being on after he came home from kindegarten last year. He was pretty upset that it isn't on in the afternoon. His older brothers were teasing him about it being a "baby" show, but he said..."Charlie is a big brother and he looks your age!"
May I offer a suggestion....don't let your kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba. Will totally drive you nuts!

We love Charlie and Lola. We don't watch it much. My older boys dominant on the kids shows. I keep trying to tell them that what is appropriate for them is not appropriate for their 4 year old and 14 mos old sisters. That only aggravates them and we end up with the tv off most of the day. The shows get really bad the older the kiddos get. I do like the little kids shows. I miss "The Bear in the Big Blue House" we watched that all the time when my now 8 year old was 2 and 3. We watch some shows on HBO Family which is good because I don't like my kids watching commercials (they are the devil). They have some really good programs on like, "I Spy", "Kindergarten", "Crashbox" (it annoys me a bit though), "Little Curious", and others.

I am much happier with Charlie and Lola as opposed to Dora. Don't get me wrong, Dora is a SUPER show and I think it actually teaches some things, but it gripes me to no end how the show is on for less than 20 minutes and then there are 10 minutes of commericals...guess I shouldn't complain, I TiVo it and then I can stop it when the commercials come on. I think I am spoiled from PBS and their minimal commercials!

I agree...commercials ARE the devil!!

krzymomof4 said:
May I offer a suggestion....don't let your kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba. Will totally drive you nuts!

LOL!! We watched that today. My 3 1/2 year old LOVED it. She was all into it and my son was sleeping so I slipped into the dining room and started to do some work. I come back in the living room to check up on her and it was spotless. The toys and books were put away and she was "dusting" the coffee table with a tissue haha! When she was watching it they were singing about cleaning up... so she did it!

So -- right now I think I might be in love with that show. They are like totally freaky nutso though :)

We do the Backyardigans here... Nicholas loves the singing and dancing and actually moves along with them. I will put Handy Manny on once in a while too-- but hes only interested in it when Manny and the tools are singing

chefkristin said:
My son loves Charlie and Lola. But is mostly a Sponge Bob junkie. I think he is obnoxious! :thumbdown:
I'm not so much a Spongebob fan either!!! Drives me looney! I'm a mean mommy, I won't let them turn it on! :D

Related to Kids Love These Cute British Cartoons!

1. What is the show about?

The show is about a group of animated characters living in a fictional town in England. They go on various adventures and learn valuable life lessons along the way.

2. What age range is the show targeted towards?

The show is typically geared towards children ages 2-7 years old.

3. Are the episodes educational?

Yes, the show incorporates educational elements such as teaching basic concepts like numbers, colors, and shapes, as well as promoting social skills and positive values.

4. Are there any parental concerns about the show?

Some parents may find the show too repetitive or overly-simplistic, but overall there are no major concerns about the show's content.

5. What makes the show so appealing to young children?

The show's use of bright colors, catchy songs, and relatable characters with cute British accents make it very engaging and entertaining for young children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ahammons
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • kreaser