• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Bought a House - New Neighborhood

just bought a house and is worried about offending her neighbors. She's been thinking about hosting a mystery party to get the word out. She's thinking about having a Pampered Chef demonstration and maybe even giving out freebies. She's received a few visits just from people curious about her house, and has had people buy from her because they wanted to see what the inside looked like.
hmolah
What is the best way to get my name out there? We've always either lived in base housing or apartment complexes, but just this week we bought a house! :D I want to let everyone in the neighborhood know that there is a Pampered Chef consultant there, but I don't want to start off on a bad note with my new neighbors! Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with doing this themselves?

Most of my neighbors, in the past, have always came and went constantly. Now that we're home-owners, I doubt people are going to be moving a lot. That can be good and bad. I want to be able to get the word out, and not offend someone with thinking 'Oh no, she's a sales lady and now is going to hound us forever.' I don't want to start off on the wrong foot!

I might be overly worried, but I wondered if anyone would have any suggestions for me who's the consultant going into a new neighborhood!

Thanks!

Heather

I would probably send out invites for a mystery host party. I would say something about coming to meet my family and seeing a Pampered Chef demonstration and maybe even getting a ton of free stuff. I had a few people come to mine just because they wanted to see what the inside of the house looked like. They all ended up ordering though.

Julie

do a signout front of your home stating that you are a consultant. I believe there are some special ones you can order from, who do we get our business stuff from now? Or you could make one up too.

Invite them overHi Heather,
Something you could try (this would work especially well if you are doing any upgrades to your new home) is invite your new neighbours over to meet you and your family and check out your house (people are nosey, they will come). Of course have some PC appetizers/snacks prepared, and send them home with a goodie bag - business card, recipe card, a bag of microwave popcorn with a note attached "Thanks for popping by!", a draw ticket that they can enter if they book a show. This way they're on your turf and you'll feel less like your pushing yourself on them.

Just a thought - congrats on being a homeowner!
Heather (also)

Hi Heather,Congratulations on becoming a homeowner! That's such an exciting milestone. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your desire to let your new neighbors know about your business without coming off as pushy or intrusive.One great way to get your name out there is to host a Pampered Chef party for your new neighbors. This will give you a chance to introduce yourself and your business in a more casual and friendly setting. Plus, who doesn't love a good party with delicious food?Another idea is to offer a special promotion or discount specifically for your new neighbors. This can be a great way to break the ice and show your appreciation for their support. You can also leave business cards or flyers in their mailboxes or at their doorstep, inviting them to check out your website or contact you for more information.Lastly, don't be afraid to just strike up a conversation with your neighbors and mention your business in a natural and casual way. You can mention it while discussing cooking or hosting tips, or even just in passing. People are more likely to be open to learning about your business when it's brought up in a genuine and friendly manner.I hope these suggestions help and wish you all the best in your new neighborhood! Happy cooking!Best,

1. How can I get to know my new neighbors?

One great way to get to know your new neighbors is by hosting a housewarming party. You can also introduce yourself by bringing over a small gift or simply stopping by to say hello. Joining community events or clubs is another great way to meet people in your neighborhood.

2. What should I do if I have issues with my new neighbors?

If you have any issues with your new neighbors, it's best to try and address them directly and calmly. Communication is key in resolving conflicts. If the issue persists, you can also reach out to your neighborhood's homeowners association or local authorities for assistance.

3. Are there any safety precautions I should take in my new neighborhood?

It's always a good idea to take safety precautions in any neighborhood. Make sure to lock your doors and windows, install a security system if possible, and get to know your neighbors so you can look out for each other. It's also a good idea to research the crime rates in your area and be aware of any potential hazards.

4. How can I find out about community events in my new neighborhood?

You can find out about community events in your new neighborhood by checking your neighborhood's website or social media pages, joining a local community group, or subscribing to your neighborhood's newsletter. You can also reach out to your neighbors or ask your real estate agent for information.

5. What are some fun ways to explore my new neighborhood?

There are many fun ways to explore your new neighborhood. You can take a walk or bike ride around the neighborhood to familiarize yourself with the area, visit local parks or restaurants, and attend community events or festivals. You can also ask your neighbors for recommendations on places to visit and things to do in the neighborhood.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PC Latoya
  • palmervictoria7
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
  • chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies