• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Join the Excitement: Register for Your July Room Now!

In summary, according to the agenda, there is no Director's Lunch or Upper Level Dinner, instead, there is a general lunch between the two director training events and a reception for the UL dinner. The speaker's NED expressed disappointment that the UL dinner had been downgraded to a reception, and it is unclear if anything will come of it. No career lunch was offered last year, and previously the Director lunch was a dinner with entertainment. The cost of attending conference has increased due to airfare, hotel, etc.
I just got an invitation in the mail. However, we are doing TEAM recognition Thursday night at some pizza place downtown.
I asked Kathy if we got to wear marching band hats and she said, "stainless steel bowls," lol. Those of ya'll who know me know I put the medium stainless steel bowl on my head during demos to show the "extra special" benefits of protection in case of alien invasion.

pamperedlinda said:
Are we supposed to get shirts and stuff? All I've had was an email about it.

Our shirts are due to our upline promoting to National this year... not from PC directly but from our NED

Linda, yup. Lynette & I are under the same NED who's doing shirts for her team.Lynette, I'm betting that it's because you are a 1st line director & I'm 2nd line. ;)

I'm in the parade as well !

We usually get our notice of reserve seating from our NED and my director (SED) when we arrive at conference so I have no clue yet. Our SED was really pushing to get to NED this year but unfortunately she didn't quite make it. Next year is our year. :=)

I don't have an SED or an NED. The Highest level in my line is my Executive Director.
I DID get an invitation to a reception for her top performers though!:) A Wine and Chocolate reception on Friday after general session.

Way to go Becky! :D I'm not a wine drinker but I'm all about the chocolate. Feel free to message me WHERE to go for that! Think your ED will notice a stray in the crowd? LOL

Sheila said:
Way to go Becky! :D I'm not a wine drinker but I'm all about the chocolate. Feel free to message me WHERE to go for that! Think your ED will notice a stray in the crowd? LOL

I'm not a wine drinker either...but the chocolate will lure me in!

And sorry, Sheila - one of the benefits of belonging to a smaller over-all cluster is that my ED pretty much knows all of her top performers.:D She's a sweetheart! (Yvonne Mattson)
She couldn't make it last year to conference because her father died unexpectedly the day before it started, so I'm glad to be able to connect with her this year! She was in MI for a training session earlier this year, but I had already committed to a function w/ my son at school, so had to skip out early. I missed the "gab time" with her then.

I just got an email that I'm in the parade as well :)
funny my Director (ED) is charging us the Director's to throw a pizza party....just found out about that in the email too....lol

LOL @ Becky ... can't blame a girl for trying, right? ;) Sorry to hear about Yvonne's loss last year. :(

Anne, if she's wanting the Directors to pay for a pizza party it would have been nice to give you guys more notice, huh? :rolleyes:

annew said:
I just got an email that I'm in the parade as well :)
funny my Director (ED) is charging us the Director's to throw a pizza party....just found out about that in the email too....lol

Our Pizza Party is $5.00 as well. Are we in the same downline?

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, and I am not wearing any bling. I'll be in capri's all week.

Me too! We will be "blingless" together!!!:cry:

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, and I am not wearing any bling. I'll be in capri's all week.

Me too. :) And these really cute Merrell Sandals I bought on vacation. They're cute - but still the most comfortable sandals In.The.Universe.!!!

baychef said:
Me too! We will be "blingless" together!!!:cry:

Ditto - Capri's and my Birkenstocks! (
(Birkenstock Tent Sale Last Friday on Payday = Very happy girl! :) )

Serious question: I thought this was supposed to be business casual? I had NOTHING business casual in the states & have already bought stuff to wear at Conference. Am I wrong?

Sheila said:
Serious question: I thought this was supposed to be business casual? I had NOTHING business casual in the states & have already bought stuff to wear at Conference. Am I wrong?

Everyone's definition of business casual is different. I've seen everything from formalwear to beach-shorts.
I wear to conference what I would wear to my shows - capris, nice top and comfy sandals. If I am on stage I tend to dress a litle nicer - slacks and a nicer top and heels (I am not on stage this year).

pamperedlinda said:
Everyone's definition of business casual is different. I've seen everything from formalwear to beach-shorts.
I wear to conference what I would wear to my shows - capris, nice top and comfy sandals. If I am on stage I tend to dress a litle nicer - slacks and a nicer top and heels (I am not on stage this year).

I do the same. I work in a large hospital where we are "business casual" and I wear capri's and my birks all the time. You'll see everything though from blue jeans, shorts, sneakers etc. I do wear jeans / capri's to my shows too so to me that would be acceptable but I leave the denim home for conference.

I obviously haven't been in a work environment in a few years! LOL I worked for some temp agencies (both being sent out on jobs and in their office) back for a couple of years after I retired from the PD in '02 & before moving to Japan in '06. Capris and open toe/heal shoes were a big "no-no" in the business casual category back then.

I had to go look it up! LOL

Here's what Wikipedia says:

An employment counseling office at an American university defines business casual dress as a middle ground between business formal wear and casual wear.[5] The following are examples of appropriate workplace apparel from some organizations with a business-casual dress code:[citation needed]

for women: A reasonable length skirt (not mini-skirt) or full-length trousers of a non-jeans material combined with a top (such as a dress shirt, polo, or sweater set) is considered acceptable. An informal dress with appropriate skirt length is also acceptable.
for men: A combination of collared shirt (such as a dress shirt or polo shirt), cotton trousers (such as khakis or blue, green, brown, or black trousers) with a belt, and modest shoes (such as loafers) with socks is generally acceptable. A blazer or business jacket can optionally be added.
Unacceptable for either gender: gym clothes, rumpled or ripped clothing, miniskirts, underwear as outerwear, inappropriately revealing attire such as bare midriffs, and flip-flops.[4] Many corporations also frown upon open-toed shoes and shorts.

They are still saying what I've always known the rule to be ... full length pants, no flip flops, no open toed shoes. I'd rather wear my capris and sandals and I probably will bring my sandals for bus ~ but I'm too much of a rule follower, so I'll change shoes when we get to McCormick Place. It's been a LONG time since I had to wear heels all day long, I'm NOT looking forward to it! LOL

I agree flip flops are not business casual but I believe there is a diff between sandals and flip flops. (Starting with flip flops are usualy under $5 LOL)

Sheila - just take a look at the photos HO has posted from past conferences, that should give you a good idea of what people wear. Just be sure your shoes are comfy, you will be walking A LOT! Chicago is HOT and the convention center can fluctuate from freezing rooms to warm rooms so keep that in mind as well. I wouldn't wear flip flops, but I will be wearing open-toed sandals.

Chefbeckyd said:
Me too. :) And these really cute Merrell Sandals I bought on vacation. They're cute - but still the most comfortable sandals In.The.Universe.!!!

You know - the last two years I wore pantsuits to NC. Last year I saw a NED on stage in FLIP FLOPS! So this year I am saying to heck with it - I am wearing capris and flip flops at least one day. I have slacks, heels and a blouse & blazer for the day of the "parades" but the rest of the days I am wearing tailored capri slacks with cute tops & cardigans...and flip flops. :p I have always tried to set a standard and be a role model for my team but last year when I did the TPC/Excellence Awards "waterfall" down the steps on the stage (yes, I am still bitter about the way they did that) in a pantsuit & heels and then sae a NED standing on stage in flip flops...well, you can guess how I felt :p

dannyzmom said:
last year when I did the TPC/Excellence Awards "waterfall" down the steps on the stage (yes, I am still bitter about the way they did that)

My NED talked about this on our call last week... evidently the production company PC used last year was the one who coordinated that. They told Marla & Jean that they wanted to do it that way... M & J said no but they did it anyway (according to my NED). They were less than happy and are not using them this year. So we will see how it goes.

Sorry to hijack! :)

finley1991 said:
My NED talked about this on our call last week... evidently the production company PC used last year was the one who coordinated that. They told Marla & Jean that they wanted to do it that way... M & J said no but they did it anyway (according to my NED). They were less than happy and are not using them this year. So we will see how it goes.

Sorry to hijack! :)

I know that they are NOT using the dancers they've used in years past. My friend Shawna is the lead singer and dancer they've used for the last umpteen years and she said she didn't get called to do NC this year :(

dannyzmom said:
I know that they are NOT using the dancers they've used in years past. My friend Shawna is the lead singer and dancer they've used for the last umpteen years and she said she didn't get called to do NC this year :(

dang, I liked her. I hope the entertainment isn't being cut to save $$

dannyzmom said:
You know - the last two years I wore pantsuits to NC. Last year I saw a NED on stage in FLIP FLOPS! So this year I am saying to heck with it - I am wearing capris and flip flops at least one day. I have slacks, heels and a blouse & blazer for the day of the "parades" but the rest of the days I am wearing tailored capri slacks with cute tops & cardigans...and flip flops. :p I have always tried to set a standard and be a role model for my team but last year when I did the TPC/Excellence Awards "waterfall" down the steps on the stage (yes, I am still bitter about the way they did that) in a pantsuit & heels and then sae a NED standing on stage in flip flops...well, you can guess how I felt :p

Probably how I felt when I saw the Advanced Director (or some upper level director) stand front and center of the Promoting group on stage wearing a skull and crossbones t-shirt and flip-flops. Seriously? I still cannot believe that she would even think that dressing like a rebellious teenager would ever be appropriate attire. We all get a schedule/agenda, so she had to have known she was going to be on stage that day. :rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:
... last year when I did the TPC/Excellence Awards "waterfall" down the steps on the stage (yes, I am still bitter about the way they did that) in a pantsuit & heels and then sae a NED standing on stage in flip flops...well, you can guess how I felt :p

I didn't get to attend. What the heck did they do??? :eek:

This is my first year going and I have no clue when I'm walking! :p I know I'm doing the parade now. I know I'll walk for AD but have no idea what day/time. Do we walk for Excellence Awards too? Any other times?

Sheila said:
This is my first year going and I have no clue when I'm walking! :p I know I'm doing the parade now. I know I'll walk for AD but have no idea what day/time. Do we walk for Excellence Awards too? Any other times?

You'll get a personalized agenda when you register at the Conference - and it will have all of that info for you!

Like the agenda that they gave us for Toronto that I didn't read? LOL I totally missed the 1st breakfast. Oops! I'll have to READ everything this time. ;)

dannyzmom said:

No WAY!!!! Wow, they have been there every year for at least the past 6 years. It won't be the same without them!

Chefbeckyd said:
Probably how I felt when I saw the Advanced Director (or some upper level director) stand front and center of the Promoting group on stage wearing a skull and crossbones t-shirt and flip-flops. Seriously? I still cannot believe that she would even think that dressing like a rebellious teenager would ever be appropriate attire. We all get a schedule/agenda, so she had to have known she was going to be on stage that day. :rolleyes:

Oh my, I remember that. It was so inappropriate on so many levels.

DebbieJ said:
Oh my, I remember that. It was so inappropriate on so many levels.

I remember her too- she was a topic o conversation among our whole group. I guess she achieved what she set out to- she was definitely unforgettable!
But seriously...
I usually wear dresses- sundresses and cardigans and sandals. I am all about comfort and a sundress with a denim jacket or cardigan can be blinged up or dressed down. I think I wore capris one day last year. I will be wearing them this year as well.

I hated the way they did the Excellence recognition last year too. So unfair.. top achievers deserve more. Especially since I am one for them! :angel:

I totally missed it. What the heck did they do to you guys last year?

<h2>1. What is "Join the Excitement" all about?</h2><p>"Join the Excitement" is a special opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to register for our July room, which is a collection of exclusive products only available to consultants. It's a great way to expand your product line and grow your business.</p><h2>2. How do I register for my July room?</h2><p>To register for your July room, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Join the Excitement" banner. From there, you will be able to select and purchase your chosen products.</p><h2>3. When is the best time to register for my July room?</h2><p>The sooner you register for your July room, the better! This will give you more time to promote and sell these exclusive products to your customers. We recommend registering as soon as possible to ensure you get the products you want.</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of registering for my July room?</h2><p>Registering for your July room allows you to access exclusive products that are not available to the general public. This gives you a competitive edge and can help you boost your sales and attract new customers. Plus, it's a great way to celebrate your birthday with a special collection just for you!</p><h2>5. Can I register for more than one July room?</h2><p>Yes, you can register for multiple July rooms if you wish. However, keep in mind that each room has a limited number of products available, so we recommend focusing on one room at a time to ensure you get the products you want.</p>

1. What is "Join the Excitement" all about?

"Join the Excitement" is a special opportunity for Pampered Chef consultants to register for our July room, which is a collection of exclusive products only available to consultants. It's a great way to expand your product line and grow your business.

2. How do I register for my July room?

To register for your July room, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Join the Excitement" banner. From there, you will be able to select and purchase your chosen products.

3. When is the best time to register for my July room?

The sooner you register for your July room, the better! This will give you more time to promote and sell these exclusive products to your customers. We recommend registering as soon as possible to ensure you get the products you want.

4. What are the benefits of registering for my July room?

Registering for your July room allows you to access exclusive products that are not available to the general public. This gives you a competitive edge and can help you boost your sales and attract new customers. Plus, it's a great way to celebrate your birthday with a special collection just for you!

5. Can I register for more than one July room?

Yes, you can register for multiple July rooms if you wish. However, keep in mind that each room has a limited number of products available, so we recommend focusing on one room at a time to ensure you get the products you want.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JulieHaak
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
JulieHaak
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • cincychef