• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I've Been Reading Here About Difficult Hosts...

We set up a recruiting interview and she ended up signing with me. The important lesson here is that if you don't ask, someone else will. It turns out her hairdresser, who has been doing her hair for a year, is also a consultant but had never offered her a catalog. So by stepping out of your comfort zone, you never know what opportunities may arise. Congratulations on taking control of your business and good luck with the show on Saturday!
mama2emma
Gold Member
...and now I have one of my own! My host who booked close in (booked last week, show is on Saturday) isn't returning my calls. The show is at her mom's house, and she told me she would send e-invitations from my PWS and make phone calls, but she hasn't entered any guests on line. She was also supposed to choose a recipe - she's getting free ingredients (the incentive I offered for booking so close).

I read all the suggestions here about leaving a message saying "I'll see you Saturday at XX time" and for whatever reason, I was really nervous about leaving that kind of message! So I wrote myself a script, practiced it on my 5-year-old a few times and then I did it. :) I haven't heard back, but I'm glad I left the message. It left me feeling like I'm in control of my business, not the other way around.

Here's the script I wrote myself, in case it can help anyone else dealing with this:

"Hi, _____! It’s Amy with The Pampered Chef, trying to reach you again. You just must have your hands full!

I was just on the website and saw you haven’t sent any e-invitations out – I assume you’ve been able to reach everybody by phone. That’s great!

I do still need to pick up the ingredients for the recipe and was waiting for your choice, but if you’re not able to call me back by tomorrow, that’s okay, I’ll go ahead and choose a recipe.

I did a Mapquest search and have directions to your mom’s, so I’ll plan to be there around 2:15 on Saturday. Thanks!"

Amy, good for you for taking control! I think it was a big step to leave that message, congrats! I hope you hear from the host soon!

Do you have her Mom's phone number? I think I'd be very wary of "showing up" in this situation, since you are providing the food. She may just not be there!! I mean, what does she have to lose?

Another idea would be to call the host she booked from. They are probably friends, after all, and she may be able to shed a little light on what is going on.

Hope it works out well! Saturday is still a few days away, but if you haven't heard back from her by tomorrow, I think I'd be making calls to the others...
JMO, of course!

Paula

Good for you!! Good luck and I hope she calls you one way or another (hope it's the "good" way!). ;)

She called back! She's been busy, and apologized for not calling sooner.So we were chatting, and she was telling me how much she loves PC products...so I managed to step outside my comfort zone and said, "Well, you should be doing what I do!"She said it's crossed her mind! She asked me a few questions, and I offered to drop off the DVD and some information. She asked me to bring it to the show on Saturday. How cool would it be if I ended up with my first recruit out of this??

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Can't wait to hear how the show turns out.

YEA Amy! Great job ~ and obviously she didn't think you were being pushy or too bold with your message! It can be so hard to step out of our comfort zones- but look at the possibilities when we do!

Here's hoping for a great show, and your first recruit.:thumbup: :thumbup:

That's great. I too stepped out of my comfort zone and asked a host once she expressed interest in the Forged Cutlery, but she also let me know how slim the money was. We set up a recruiting interview.
We met and I remarked how cute her hair was (recently done) and she told me her hairdresser was mad at her.
Get this...her stylist has been doing her hair for a year, is a consultant, and had never even offered a catalog!
The thing to remember is that if you don't ask, someone else will.

She is signing with me on Friday!:)

mama2emma said:
She called back! She's been busy, and apologized for not calling sooner.

So we were chatting, and she was telling me how much she loves PC products...so I managed to step outside my comfort zone and said, "Well, you should be doing what I do!"

She said it's crossed her mind! She asked me a few questions, and I offered to drop off the DVD and some information. She asked me to bring it to the show on Saturday. How cool would it be if I ended up with my first recruit out of this??

Evelynt said:
That's great. I too stepped out of my comfort zone and asked a host once she expressed interest in the Forged Cutlery, but she also let me know how slim the money was. We set up a recruiting interview.
We met and I remarked how cute her hair was (recently done) and she told me her hairdresser was mad at her.
Get this...her stylist has been doing her hair for a year, is a consultant, and had never even offered a catalog!
The thing to remember is that if you don't ask, someone else will.

She is signing with me on Friday!:)
Yeah for you! I'm doing a catalog show at my eye doctor's office right now. Apparently one of the ladies upstairs is a consultant but not all of the ladies downstairs knew that. Never hurts to ask anyone!

This is going to be me. I don't ask I hint and then sort of wait and see. (Very bad, I know!)I am having a hard time with not feeling pushy. I am a very generous person. Before I started PC I would do little things for people all the time. I would drop off a plate of goodies at my Dentist office, friends, etc. just for the fun of it. Now it seems if I do it I have a new agenda. So how do I slip in the catalog and PC spiel without it seeming to be for MY business? So I will still drop off the goodies and wear my PC bag and hope they notice or ask. I need to balance out the generous/pushy/ and business part of it all.

1. What can I do if my host is being difficult?

If you are experiencing difficulties with your host, it's important to first try to communicate and address any concerns or issues. If that doesn't work, you can reach out to your direct upline or the Pampered Chef home office for assistance and guidance.

2. My host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

If your host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through a different method of communication such as a phone call or text message. If you still do not receive a response, you can reach out to your direct upline or the Pampered Chef home office for advice on how to proceed.

3. Can I cancel a party if my host is being difficult?

If you are experiencing difficulties with your host and have exhausted all communication efforts, you can reach out to your direct upline or the Pampered Chef home office to discuss the possibility of canceling the party. However, it's important to first try to find a resolution with your host before considering canceling.

4. What if my host is not meeting their party requirements?

If your host is not meeting their party requirements, it's important to communicate with them and remind them of the commitments they made when booking the party. You can also offer suggestions and support to help them reach their goals. If they are still not meeting their requirements, you can reach out to your direct upline or the Pampered Chef home office for further guidance.

5. How can I prevent difficult hosts in the future?

To prevent difficult hosts in the future, it's important to set clear expectations and communicate effectively from the start. Make sure to go over the party requirements and commitments before booking and provide support and resources to help your host have a successful party. You can also reach out to your upline for tips and advice on handling difficult hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies