• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso: Advice for a Recruit of Mine (Sorry, This Is Sorta Long)

In summary, Kacey is having difficulty with her director, who is not taking her suggestions into account. Kacey would like to leave but is afraid of causing problems. Her cluster mate is also unhappy and ready to leave, but does not know how to proceed.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone! Just in case some of you didn't read the thread I started a week or so ago- I have decided to hang up my apron for a year. Mostly to get out of a terrible cluster and out from underneath a really terrible director, but also for some personal family reasons.

I need some advice for a gal I recruited early on when I started PC. She is having similar issues that I had with my director, and she isn't getting anything out of the meetings. Our director only focuses on recruiting, and she stinks at it (been a director for 4 years, and has only recruited 6 people) 3 of which were home office leads and were ready to sign up regardless. Anyway- my recruit, who I'll call Maggie has spoken to the director and mentioned what she would really like to see at the meetings, but she never takes the suggestions into account.

When I was still active in the cluster, the director was amazed at my high show sales, and high booking numbers, and the fact that I had quite a few recruiting leads, and some other things...she would ask me to prepare a 2-5 minute talk or demo for our cluster meetings, but then would cancel on my right before the meeting. I later found out she was so insecure that she felt people would look down on her if I shared my tips, etc as she felt they were better than hers. Sooooooooooo

What should Maggie do? The directors immediate director is a worthless person who I believe the company is trying to get rid of, or else her director is in the process of trying to get her to resign- they are having major issues with her- that I do know...and the director about that person will let you email her with concerns, but will always say there is nothing she can do or go talk to your director- which Maggie has already done.

She wants to join another cluster, just for their meetings but doesn't know the protocol. What advice do you have for me to give to her? I feel bad about quitting PC mostly because she joined because of me. When she found out my director would be training her until I became a FD- she said she would not join because she didn't care much for her- but she really liked me.

I have a corporate training background too, so I talked my director into letting me train her- I didn't do too bad- her first show was a few dollars shy of $1000.00! :) Her show averages are slightly higher than mine were,, but her bookings aren't as high- but she is really awesome, and has talent, and I did what I could to train her the best I could so with her talents and what little PC knowledge I had she would be super!

I feel bad that she's ready to quit, I've quit, and our director is losing another person from the cluster (the other top seller) because of her actions and it still isn't getting the upper directors attention as far as them willing to step in and do anything.

What can be done? Any ideas? Maggie doesn't want to step on toes, but she's ready to quit, and has put quite a bit of money into this, and I don't want her to because she is good...

Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it!

I don't know what to tell you!! :( I hope someone else can give you some advice though.

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I don't know what to tell you!! :( I hope someone else can give you some advice though.
Thanks. I will maybe bump this tomorrow if no one else seems to bite on it tonight- it is late and a school night after all! :)

Have a good night!

I too Kacey am stumped. Maybe call HO and let them know and ask them what she should do. Let HO know that you don't want to step on anybody's toes but there are issues. Maybe they will find another director in your area and she can attend meetings with another cluster. HO should know that you and your cluster mate are unhappy. Let us know how it works out though.

rennea said:
I too Kacey am stumped. Maybe call HO and let them know and ask them what she should do. Let HO know that you don't want to step on anybody's toes but there are issues. Maybe they will find another director in your area and she can attend meetings with another cluster. HO should know that you and your cluster mate are unhappy. Let us know how it works out though.

That sounds like a good idea. I have told our regional sales person about the issues, but haven't gotten anywhere with her. It is one of those things where the director has been with PC for 8 years, and they are sort of apt (sp?) to believe her- but with me quitting, my recruit wanting to quit, and another clustermate going to another cluster for meetings because of things our director did- you would think they'd get the picture!

I think so Kacey. There has to be some sort of system at HO to deal with this kind of issue. Your not the first person to be in this situation.

rennea said:
I think so Kacey. There has to be some sort of system at HO to deal with this kind of issue. Your not the first person to be in this situation.

I think it's even sad that people are in this situation, ya know? I just really don't know what to tell my downline person. I really adore her!

But if I was willing to give up my career sales to go inactive for a year so that I could find a new, improved and lemony fresh different director and cluster than maybe my recruit will, too?

I'll keep you up to date- as long as I remember to! :) Hee-hee... I have "Sometimer's" Sometimes I forget and sometimes I don't remember!:eek:

Is there another Director in your area whose meetings your recruit could attend? That would at least get her some training, but she'll still be in the bad director's group. If she wants to completely change her upline (and who gets overrides), then she'll have to quit and re-sign. Which will take a year - as you know.

I would suggest finding another director in your area for her to go to. Sort of like hospitality. I was going to suggest last night going to your regional sales manager but was too tired and wanted to go to bed!

Speaking from experience, you have to do what's right for you. My Director lost 3 Directors and subsequently, lost almost half of her team when we all resigned our Directorships. Almost all 27 members of my team stopped completely when I left... many said that my Director was too controlling and "scary" and didn't want to be on her team directly. We wrote letters to the home office about our Director.
Bottom line: It's a career move. People who truly care about YOU - and not the "status quo" - will stand by you and respect your decision to do what YOU need to do. Those who don't, won't.

That said, for Maggie, she needs to try as much as she can to make her decision by taking YOU out of the picture except as her friend. Try not to be her "director" right now, but just her "friend". Ask her if she feels like she's got it in her to be strong enough to stand without having a Director over her. If she is, seek hospitality for her (which can sometimes be hard to get the home office to help you, if you have a local director already, been there/done that). Tell her to build her own team ASAP and break off from the Director.
If she doesnt feel like she's strong enough to stand alone for a while, then it's up to her. She's a grown-up, so she's going to have to make that call. You really can't make that decision for her, no matter how much money she has invested... she really needs to come to the conclusion for herself. :)

Pampered Laura said:
Speaking from experience, you have to do what's right for you. My Director lost 3 Directors and subsequently, lost almost half of her team when we all resigned our Directorships. Almost all 27 members of my team stopped completely when I left... many said that my Director was too controlling and "scary" and didn't want to be on her team directly. We wrote letters to the home office about our Director.
Bottom line: It's a career move. People who truly care about YOU - and not the "status quo" - will stand by you and respect your decision to do what YOU need to do. Those who don't, won't.

That said, for Maggie, she needs to try as much as she can to make her decision by taking YOU out of the picture except as her friend. Try not to be her "director" right now, but just her "friend". Ask her if she feels like she's got it in her to be strong enough to stand without having a Director over her. If she is, seek hospitality for her (which can sometimes be hard to get the home office to help you, if you have a local director already, been there/done that). Tell her to build her own team ASAP and break off from the Director.
If she doesnt feel like she's strong enough to stand alone for a while, then it's up to her. She's a grown-up, so she's going to have to make that call. You really can't make that decision for her, no matter how much money she has invested... she really needs to come to the conclusion for herself. :)

Thanks for the help Chefann, and thanks Laura for your advice as well. I'll let Maggie know what you offered, and maybe another director in our area can be her hospitality director. Quite the little drama, isn't it?

These are the days of our pampered little lives... Sounds like a good title for a soap opera, eh?

Thanks again for the help- it is always appreciated!!!:D

Wow - after reading this, I feel sometimes that I could have written some of it - my Director basically looks at us as dollar signs and that is it - Its who is making her the most money is her new fav consultant - and when it comes to support and help to her downline - she basically doesn't give much to those whose numbers are low (hello - maybe with a little help they would be better!) I too struggle with the thought of leaving because it gets me discouraged that she only sees me and my cluster mates as dollar signs - probably because that is so opposite of me! Most of her downline call ME for encouragement or to borrow products -

Ok - venting done - thanks!

I know it's a hard situation for you to be in, too Kacey. If Maggie can wait it out, she can do what you're doing and even re-sign under you. But if she's got some momentum built up, that may not be the best thing for her to do. I really hope you can find a hospitality group for her. If you can't, she could always skip the meetings and focus on training from HO (online, tele-classes, recordings, etc.).Know that people who treat others that way (like your Director, etc.) will eventually have no business left at all, as their team quits or promotes past them.

And if you're looking for someone to re-sign with, I'm always looking to expand my team, even out of state. :) (Just kidding! sorta)

Kacey - The proper procedure is to go to the director and work upline from there (like you would in a corporate structure). If that has been tried and isn't feasible, then you by all means go to HO (which is like going to HR in a company).As far as Hospitality that should be set up by the director or by HO. You can search out hospitality but both directors should talk to arrange incentives, awards, etc. fairly. If that cannot be done such as in this case, have HO help arrange it. That's what they do! Hospitality is the following:"Requesting Director - you are the primary source of training, coaching and recognition for EVERYONE in your FIRST LINE. Hospitality is a supplement to your ongoing SUPPORT."Obviously your director is breaking her Director's agreement by not providing training.I would call HO - the solution center and asked who to be connected to in order to address the situation.I know if HO knew the whole story, they'd be disappointed and not want to lose more consultants.

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks for the help Chefann, and thanks Laura for your advice as well. I'll let Maggie know what you offered...

Thread interruption:
It's sad that I have to clarify this, but before stones are thrown I want to make sure that its put out there that I did not "offer" or PM anything to her about my new company or offer her anything that has to do with me or where I am, or any of that. LOL. I can just imagine the drama queens stewing over this statement above, and making assumptions. Just trying to avoid the hate mail. :D :rolleyes:

You may continue this thread now! :D

Thanks, Janet and Chefann! If I could trade off directors every month I'd be able to make everyone happy that's offered to be my new director.

I'll talk to Maggie tonight and let her know what you guys have told me. I appreciate all the advice and empathy. It is sad that because of the issues I've had with my director, and her director, and her director, and some issues with products, and psyco hosts that I have a bad taste in my mouth about PC. I know that it isn't PC's fault, so I figured if I just took a year off and started anew with new and lemony fresh happy, helpful people that I wouldn't look at it like I do. Plus, with the family thing going on- it seemed only right to hang up the apron for a year and try again.

Pampered Laura said:
Thread interruption:
It's sad that I have to clarify this, but before stones are thrown I want to make sure that its put out there that I did not "offer" or PM anything to her about my new company or offer her anything that has to do with me or where I am, or any of that. LOL. I can just imagine the drama queens stewing over this statement above, and making assumptions. Just trying to avoid the hate mail. :D :rolleyes:

You may continue this thread now! :D

yes, what was offered was ADVICE, HELP, COMFORT and SUPPORT! nothing else! :)

Does that help Pampered Laura?

I didn't even know you had a company. Shows how much I've been paying attention lately! Must be the Mad Cow!

Kitchen Diva said:
yes, what was offered was ADVICE, HELP, COMFORT and SUPPORT! nothing else! :)Does that help Pampered Laura?I didn't even know you had a company. Shows how much I've been paying attention lately! Must be the Mad Cow!
Ok, I can't resist:http://www.j-food.com/jfood/madcow1.htmMake sure your speakers are on...

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I can't resist:

http://www.j-food.com/jfood/madcow1.htm

Make sure your speakers are on...

Where do you people find this stuff? Too funny!!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Where do you people find this stuff? Too funny!!!!!

That joke was from the mid-nineties - passed around in Excel as a joke for many years. Back when Mad Cow disease was the headlines...it has always been one of my favorites.

That is so funny - thanks for the giggle!!

What is "Iso" and why is it important for a Pampered Chef recruit?

"Iso" stands for "Independent Sales Organization" and it refers to the structure of Pampered Chef's sales team. As a recruit, understanding the Iso structure is important because it can help you navigate your role within the company and set realistic goals for yourself.

What advice do you have for a recruit who is just starting out with Pampered Chef?

My advice would be to familiarize yourself with the products and the company's mission, set achievable goals for yourself, and take advantage of the resources and training provided by Pampered Chef. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to your upline for support and guidance.

How can I maximize my earnings as a Pampered Chef recruit?

To maximize your earnings, it's important to consistently promote and sell the products, build a strong customer base, and recruit others to join your team. Additionally, taking advantage of incentives and promotions offered by Pampered Chef can also help increase your earnings.

What are some common challenges faced by Pampered Chef recruits and how can I overcome them?

Some common challenges include managing time effectively, building a customer base, and maintaining motivation. To overcome these challenges, it's important to have a strong support system, set realistic goals, and stay organized. Don't be afraid to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and support.

What are the benefits of working for Pampered Chef?

There are many benefits to working for Pampered Chef, such as flexible hours, the ability to work from home, and the opportunity to earn a significant income. Additionally, as a consultant, you have the opportunity to connect with and build relationships with customers and other consultants, as well as access to training and resources to help you grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lockhartkitchen