• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Zesty Guacamole Mix Safe to Eat Without an Expiration Date?

In summary, Pampered Chef's Zesty Guacamole has a shelf life of 5-7 days when stored in the refrigerator. Signs that the guacamole has gone bad include a foul odor, change in color or texture, or mold growth. The guacamole can be frozen for up to 3 months, but should be consumed within 5-7 days after opening. The expiration date on the package refers to the unopened guacamole, and using it after this date is not recommended for safety reasons.
ChefMichele1
Hi All,
I had one of my customers just told me that she has several boxes of the Zesty Guacamole mixes that we sold years ago. There's no expiration date, is it ok to eat?

Last edited:
ChefMichele1 said:
Hi All,
I had one of my customers just told me that she has several boxes of the Zesty Guacamole mixes that we sold years ago. There's no expiration date, is it ok to eat?

I ordered a ton of it off the outlet when it was on there, and I'm still using it. :)

Thanks Becky. I thought it would be ok, but just wanted others advise. Don't want to poison anyone:)

ChefBeckyD said:
I ordered a ton of it off the outlet when it was on there, and I'm still using it. :)

So did I, I was waiting to see what the answer was, didn't want to have to throw it all out!

I've been using it since it was available in the catalog with no trouble at all.

Oh no no no...tell her it is bad, don't eat it! ....haver her send it to me and I will 'dispose' of it properly for her ;) ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh no no no...tell her it is bad, don't eat it! ....haver her send it to me and I will 'dispose' of it properly for her ;) ;)

LOL! Cute...(and why didn't I think of that?:confused:)

pamperedlinda said:

LOL. I'm at work and just "snorted" outloud when I read this!

Related to Is Zesty Guacamole Mix Safe to Eat Without an Expiration Date?

1. What is the shelf life of Pampered Chef's Zesty Guacamole?

The shelf life of our Zesty Guacamole is approximately 5-7 days when stored in the refrigerator.

2. How can I tell if my Zesty Guacamole has gone bad?

If the guacamole has a foul odor, has changed in color or texture, or has mold growing on it, it is no longer safe to eat and should be discarded.

3. Can I freeze the Zesty Guacamole?

Yes, our Zesty Guacamole can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it in the refrigerator before consuming.

4. Does the expiration date on the package refer to the unopened or opened guacamole?

The expiration date refers to the unopened guacamole. Once opened, it should be consumed within 5-7 days.

5. Can I still use the Zesty Guacamole after the expiration date?

We do not recommend using the guacamole after the expiration date as the quality and safety of the product cannot be guaranteed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JR09PCC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JR09PCC
  • chefannie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • avelissar