• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Husband Sabotaging Your Internet Connection?

In summary, Anne's husband unplugged their wireless router and caused her problems with submitting orders for her business.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I am on the phone with my director last night, doing some research online for our upcoming Host Appreciation night. Suddenly my internet went down. Turns out that while we were on the phone, my husband Dave got bored and decided to clean out the office. We have two computers up there that really don't work anymore, frankly because he loaded too much sh*t on them and they crashed. So, he unplugs them and the entire wireless network. He left one thing plugged into the wall thinking it was enough to keep us on. Duh! Well, it didn't. It wasn't until 1:30am, through many attempts of trial and error that we were back online. Of course, I couldn't remember HOW it was set up, and neither did Dave. Travis (husband of someone in my downline) talked me through setting it up back in March and I had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it. All I knew was what he had me do worked. I was furious at my husband and we wound up arguing. I just remember yelling at him that I had over $1000 in sales that I had to transmit by tomorrow and I couldn't. It was pretty ugly.

Of all the rooms he wants to clean up, its the office that no one figgan sees.

Phew...

I'm sorry! It always seems like things like that happen at the worst moments. Did you get it sorted out?

Oh no!!! We you able to get the sales submitted?

Oh, I would have been livid!

I had that happen.....he unplugged it (our wireless router) and then pressed RESET on the bottom of it! I originally had GEEK squad set it up for me and I called them to ask if they could walk me through it since I bought a 3 year plan with them.....well in the little print it was only help for 90 days! So they wanted to charge me $99 to come out and fix it! I called Netgear (the router company) and they wanted to charge me as well! I decided to fix it on my own....after being down for about a week and a half! It took me over 2 hours by trial and error! I had to RE network all of our computers (4 laptops)! I just hope it never happens again.....I really don't know what I did so I'd have to do the same thing again! My husband, of course after that, knows that he better NEVER touch them again before asking me! I'm not a control freak but I just told him..... "I need this for my business. You use your laptop for emailing your friends and family.....so it doesn't matter how long it's down...but I need to send orders through!" He did feel bad after I had spent that time trying to figure things out. Believe me, I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I lucked out, my husband is the computer geek. So if anything is wrong I am on him to fix it.Now on the other hand he sucks at washing clothes. Two of my favorite sweaters were shrunk by him sticking them in the dryer. He can't understand why i get so mad. Men!!!

We did get it fixed and I submitted the one show. I am waiting for an order or two for the one I'll have to send today--its at $800 and host really wanted $1000. I had visions of having to drive to a Starbucks or McDonalds and using their WI-FI.

I told him, "Next time you get bored and want to clean, start in the BASEMENT!"

LMAO..... I am sorry that is funny but it's not..... becasue my financee' is the excat same way only instead of me working on PC stuff.. I was working on a final for a class that I am taking when he unplugged it on me... I was so pissed off at him....

My husband knows not to touch the computer! Of course, he would have no clue what to touch on it!!! ha!

Glad you got back up and working Anne!

Oh, I feel for you!

Luckily, my DH hasn't done this.

Yet.

:rolleyes:

So Anne, when's the funeral?! :D LOL My husband NEVER cleans the office (or anything else for that matter - he's a 'piler', which totally gets on my nerves) so I know that's not a fear I have to contend with! He does like to tinker around the house and occassionally turns the circuit breaker off though.

My fix for the husband problem is we both have our own laptops...he stays off mine...I stay off his...and when his crashes because he has too much crap on it...too bad...he isn't even checking e-mail on mine. I know that sounds harsh but he finds ways of downloading stuff that he doesn't even know he is downloading.

I need to get him his own!

My DH did this, TOO!
mommyhugz1978 said:
LMAO..... I am sorry that is funny but it's not..... becasue my financee' is the excat same way only instead of me working on PC stuff.. I was working on a final for a class that I am taking when he unplugged it on me... I was so pissed off at him....

While attending college THE SECOND TIME, I took lots of online classes since I was also working 48 to 60 hours a week and the drive to school was over an hour. Not to mention we had a 3 year old at the time. The online tests for my classes were set up with a time limit. Once logged in you HAD to complete the test. If you logged out, your test was graded whether is was finished or not. I had logged into do my exam and our son fell. Terry came home while I was cleaning and kissing the boo boo's and shut down my test so that he could download a new ringtone!!! I was livid!! What I said to that poor man wasn't worth saying!

Basically, I told him to keep his COTTON-PICKIN HANDS OFF! That if I caught him anywhere near that computer again I would castrate him. I went overboard just a little, but I was graduating with honors and I REFUSED to have him mess it up!

Glad it worked out for ya Anne! I was stuck at "my husband cleaned...." cause I would be in shock if my dh cleaned!:eek: I wish we could afford to each have our computers; he plays an online game all the time & I keep having bad thoughts that the computer will crash & I'll lose everything! Which reminds me....I need to get some new discs to save PP again...

He has downloaded things to my laptop that have slowed it down. I know it was his stuff because all I ever download are flyers. Now, it takes FOREVER to start up. So, I really hope that I can get hime one for Christmas. He drives me nuts.

Hahahahahahaha, I am laughing so hard because this all sounds exactly like my household! I also got my hubby his own laptop cuz he downloads things he doesn't know he's doing. He also signs up for crap that costs money--but the first 30 days are Free--ya right--then I get the bill for it and scream!

he also unplugged our wireless a few months ago when I bought the office furniture--he didn't realize he had done it, thought that if the phone was plugged in it would work! that was a weekend of screaming because the phone wouldn't even work--we thought it was the phone co--had them come out and everything to end up being his dingyness! how embarassing :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

I don't think I could repeat on here what I said to him considering that I proceeded to yell at him for about an hour about it!! I told him Idon't care if he can't conncect to the wireless network not to touch the network when Iam working on class stuff!!! I threatned to break every bone in his body and castrate him as well!!

DZmom said:
While attending college THE SECOND TIME, I took lots of online classes since I was also working 48 to 60 hours a week and the drive to school was over an hour. Not to mention we had a 3 year old at the time. The online tests for my classes were set up with a time limit. Once logged in you HAD to complete the test. If you logged out, your test was graded whether is was finished or not. I had logged into do my exam and our son fell. Terry came home while I was cleaning and kissing the boo boo's and shut down my test so that he could download a new ringtone!!! I was livid!! What I said to that poor man wasn't worth saying!

Basically, I told him to keep his COTTON-PICKIN HANDS OFF! That if I caught him anywhere near that computer again I would castrate him. I went overboard just a little, but I was graduating with honors and I REFUSED to have him mess it up!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I threatned to break every bone in his body and castrate him as well!!

Just remind him that if the kitchen shears will cut through bones, then.... :D

My husband never cleans, he just moves piles of stuff around and then tells me that he doesn't know what to do with any of it. LOL

I need to get DH a separate laptop too. He hates it when I take ours on a Sunday b/c he has fantasty football withdrawals. I've been letting him use the one from my day job LOL.

LMAO I love that one... I will have to remeber it !!!

jentapp said:
Just remind him that if the kitchen shears will cut through bones, then.... :D

My husband never cleans, he just moves piles of stuff around and then tells me that he doesn't know what to do with any of it. LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
I don't think I could repeat on here what I said to him considering that I proceeded to yell at him for about an hour about it!!

That was the nicest thing I said to him that evening!:eek:

Wow. I don't think I've ever appreciated my "any technology since the flush toilet is suspect" hubber as much as I do right now. I think I'll go give him a hug for NEVER, EVER coming anywhere near my computer.

lisacb77 said:
I need to get DH a separate laptop too. He hates it when I take ours on a Sunday b/c he has fantasty football withdrawals. I've been letting him use the one from my day job LOL.

HILARIOUS!!! My husband too! At least fantasy football is less time consuming than fantasy baseball. My husband did that one too and actually had two different teams going!!! He was on the computer ALL THE TIME!!!! At least it makes him happy.

My dad bought us "my" laptop to use with PC, and my husband uses it so much too that my dad said he'd have to get DH one too! :)

As much of a nerd as I am (in my day job I'm a mainframe programmer), my DH is even more. He's the one who set up the wireless netwoek in our house, so I'm actually the one who's more likely to mess it up. But he writes EVERYTHING down when he sets up things like that, so if there is a problem, he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.

BTW, we're so nerdy that the Weird Al song "White and Nerdy" has become our new theme song. :D DH was putting on his Halloween costume this weekend for a party and noticed that the batteries in his light saber were dead (He was Darth Vader). So he says, "I'll have to go get some from my spare light sabers." Notice - plural. Sabers. Only a true nerd has multiple light sabers lying around the house. :)

Wow, I really love being single!!

It's alot cheaper to hire a computer company to fix you computer every now and then than to put up with a spouse!

I have to say though, after being yelled at all night, he probaly won't ever clean up anything ever again!

chefann said:
DH was putting on his Halloween costume this weekend for a party and noticed that the batteries in his light saber were dead (He was Darth Vader). So he says, "I'll have to go get some from my spare light sabers." Notice - plural. Sabers. Only a true nerd has multiple light sabers lying around the house. :)

You are probably the only one who won't think this is weird... last week, I got in a light saber fight with my husband my consultant's husband and kids in her living room in the dark. LOL

AJPratt said:
You are probably the only one who won't think this is weird... last week, I got in a light saber fight with my husband my consultant's husband and kids in her living room in the dark. LOL

Sweet!

DH downloaded some little program for his laptop that senses movement and makes the light saber noise. It's funny to see him on the couch waving his computer around.

Here's a pic of DH in his costume. The quote that goes with it is "I always have coffee before I look at radar!" 10 points to you if you know what that's from. :) Of course, he's wearing that costume until he dies and then I'm burying him in it. (It's a $1200 costume. Luckily he got it for half that.)

Attachments

• DarthCoffee.jpg
    DarthCoffee.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 346
LMAO that's way to funny Anne!!!

AJPratt said:

chefann said:
The quote that goes with it is "I always have coffee before I look at radar!" 10 points to you if you know what that's from. :)

10 points for me....Spaceballs! :)

rebeccastt said:
10 points for me....Spaceballs! :)

That's right! And what's really funny is that our last name is pronounced "Schwartz."
:D

She got to guess before me?! Darn! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COSTUME!

Next year, I'm going to make a plaid flannel cape to replace the black one, and we'll pop a black cowboy hat on top of the helmet, and he'll be Darth Brooks (or Garth Vader).

I must be lucky, my husband does all my computer stuff. I do the parties, he does the rest. He does all my PP, Hostess packs, Lap Boards, anything needing to be downloaded or printed. Got to luv him

Lynn Singleton said:
I must be lucky, my husband does all my computer stuff. I do the parties, he does the rest. He does all my PP, Hostess packs, Lap Boards, anything needing to be downloaded or printed. Got to luv him
You are a lucky, lucky girl!

Wow! It would still be cheaper to have an office assistant do all that than to go the the tremendous expense to have a HUSBAND!!

Can you sense the bitterness?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • KimberleePowell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KimberleePowell