• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the PC Ice Cream Dipper Not Working Properly?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a customer who had purchased an ice cream dipper and a pineapple wedger from a November show. The customer was not satisfied with the dipper and complained that it only scooped a thin layer of ice cream. The seller offered to exchange it for a new one, but the customer declined due to the return shipping cost. The seller then tried to troubleshoot the issue and suggested that the customer may not have been using the dipper correctly. The seller also mentioned the use and care instructions for the dipper and offered to bring a new one with their discount and have an ice cream party with the customer.
ms_twana
Hello. While doing my CCC for a November show I spoke with one customer that order the ice cream dipper and a pineapple wedger. She said that she hadn't used the wedger yet, but she'd used the ice cream dipper and it didn't work the way she thought it would. I apologized and ask her what was wrong. She said it only scooped a thin layer of ice cream. I apologized again and told her that was surprising because everyone that I've talked to that owned one loves theirs.

I asked her if she wanted to try to exchange it for another one. She said that we could try that, but quickly said never-mind when I informed her that she would have to pay for return shipment since it's past the 30 day mark. I then, told her that I would call around (since I don't own one myself) to get tips from others or see if they do anything special. I told her that I doubt that they do anything special because the magic is that it heats up from your hand and scoops better from that heat.

Before closing out I asked her about the opportunity in which she said no. Then I asked her about hosting her own show and her response was, "No because I'm not satisfied. If I were satisfied I would host a show, but because I'm not, I won't."

Sooooo.....advice here? LOL. I just politely said okay and thanked her for her time. Could I have done something different? I'm not certain what could have been wrong with the ice cream dipper. Maybe she expected perfect scoops when she first put it in her hand. Maybe she didn't give it enough time to warm up from her hand. IDK. I just know it irritated me that she just threw her hands up with PC so quickly especially when I called trying to help. I mean, if I hadn't called at all, I would have never known there was anything wrong.

IDK. Any advice would be helpful. LOL. TIA!

It's an ice cream scoop- it won't scoop out the ice cream by itself. To me, it sounded like she just slid it across the top expecting it to do all the work...you do have to put a little pressure on it. Personally, I don't wait for it to warm up- I just scoop and go. Don't want to wait that long for my ice cream. ;) The use and care info says:
# Grasp Dipper well down toward bowl. Start at about 45º angle and draw Dipper toward you.
# Cut a strip just deep enough to form a rolled portion.
# Turn Dipper to lift portion out of container. Touch portion lightly against dish or cone for instant release.
I wonder if she's seeing this "thin layer of ice cream" - the part the Use & Care says will be a strip deep enough to form a rolled portion. That's what mine does....it won't be a ROUND scoop unless you push hard into the ice cream. If you scoop it like you are supposed to, you'll get a thin layer of ice cream but if you keep pulling- it will round over and look like a ball or scoop. Never heard of someone not knowing how to use a scoop. It's kind of funny. Maybe you can offer trade her one and you get one with your discount. Offer to bring it to her and ask her if you can try it out with her. Then have an ice cream party. LOL :D

esavvymom said:
It's an ice cream scoop- it won't scoop out the ice cream by itself. To me, it sounded like she just slid it across the top expecting it to do all the work...you do have to put a little pressure on it. Personally, I don't wait for it to warm up- I just scoop and go. Don't want to wait that long for my ice cream. ;) The use and care info says:

I wonder if she's seeing this "thin layer of ice cream" - the part the Use & Care says will be a strip deep enough to form a rolled portion. That's what mine does....it won't be a ROUND scoop unless you push hard into the ice cream. If you scoop it like you are supposed to, you'll get a thin layer of ice cream but if you keep pulling- it will round over and look like a ball or scoop.

Never heard of someone not knowing how to use a scoop. It's kind of funny. Maybe you can offer trade her one and you get one with your discount. Offer to bring it to her and ask her if you can try it out with her. Then have an ice cream party. LOL :D

LOL @ the bold. I was asking one of my hosts about hers and told her that I had a guest that said it wasn't working for her, and she basically said the same thing. LOL.

Ummmm...unless I did something wrong, I'm not really willing to go above and beyond for this guest. She's been kinda short with me every time I talked to her, and I think that she just may be one of those that you can never please. At first I thought about paying for the return shipping, but then I thought, "Naw. I'll save that niceness for someone that's been pleasant to me." LOL.

She sounds like the lady I had a few years back that ordered a Barpan but refused to give me any contact info because she didn't want me calling her. Then nearly a year later she called me to complain that she had given the item she ordered to someone as a bridal shower gift and was surprised and dissappointed when the bride opened it because it was not what she had intended to order! Apparently by the time she gave the gift she had convinced herself it was a 9X13, even though that clearly wouldn't fit in a barpan box and the barpan is what she ordered because she had wanted the stone we used at the show - which was the barpan. To me the best part was that she gave agift she had for a year and had never even opened to make sure it wasn't broken. And she had to get my number off her receipt - for a BARPAN, hello! - in order to call me. You can't please some people. There is nothing you can do.

Could I have done something different?
Hmmm. An out-of-the box call could have caught this within the 30-day return period.
A January call for a November show is too late for that. Do you tell customers about the 30 days? I do, so I NEVER feel like I should pay for return shipping. They have been advised, if you know what I mean.

I don't think I'd mention recruiting after hearing a complaint. On the bright side, now you have more experience asking.

This sounds like it was one of those awkward calls that we all would rather not have!

ms_twana said:
.....Then I asked her about hosting her own show and her response was, "No because I'm not satisfied. If I were satisfied I would host a show, but because I'm not, I won't."

Sorry, that's a bunch of B.S.! ....she has no intention of hosting and she just wants you to feel bad. Move on, this is not a nice person and she wants to take you down with her. Give her the number to HO and tell her that they can probably help her better than you can.

Her problem could be that her freezer is so cold that her ice cream is harder than rock. The ice cream dipper works great to a certain extent. If you need a chisel and hammer to get the dipper down far enough in the ice cream, it doesn't matter how strong you are or how long you hold that dipper. It's not going to scoop through rock. If she lives close by and you could really use the contact, perhaps suggest stopping by to see what the problem may be. You never know, she may have had a really crappy day and just took it out on you and is now so embarrassed she can't call to apologize. Extending another helping hand may be just what she needs. And, if she questions your intentions, be sure to let her know you don't ever want an unhappy customer and that's why you're trying to resolve the problem. If she blows you off, then walk away. At least you'll know you've done all you can.

pchockeymom said:
Her problem could be that her freezer is so cold that her ice cream is harder than rock. The ice cream dipper works great to a certain extent. If you need a chisel and hammer to get the dipper down far enough in the ice cream, it doesn't matter how strong you are or how long you hold that dipper. It's not going to scoop through rock. If she lives close by and you could really use the contact, perhaps suggest stopping by to see what the problem may be. You never know, she may have had a really crappy day and just took it out on you and is now so embarrassed she can't call to apologize. Extending another helping hand may be just what she needs. And, if she questions your intentions, be sure to let her know you don't ever want an unhappy customer and that's why you're trying to resolve the problem. If she blows you off, then walk away. At least you'll know you've done all you can.

Very good point!

And I wouldn't go overboard trying to make her happy, but I would at least offer to stop by if it's doable. You never know! She may be so blown away and if you fix things for her, she may be your best customer for life and brag about you left and right. I've heard of it before. If she blows you off or snaps at you, then you did what you can and you can bless & release. Let her know she is able to get a full refund or merchandise credit if she'd like - but she will have to send it back. She can probably do that for less than $5. What does the scoop cost- more than $15?

ShellBeach said:
Hmmm. An out-of-the box call could have caught this within the 30-day return period.
A January call for a November show is too late for that. Do you tell customers about the 30 days? I do, so I NEVER feel like I should pay for return shipping. They have been advised, if you know what I mean.I don't think I'd mention recruiting after hearing a complaint. On the bright side, now you have more experience asking.This sounds like it was one of those awkward calls that we all would rather not have!
I thought about that too (how if I would have called within the 30 days, I would have caught it), but then again, I talked about the 30 days at the show and I informed them to let me or their host know if something was wrong with any of the products. So, I'm not gonna blame myself for this one. But, lesson learned to definitely make calls about 2 weeks after items arrive.And as far as going to her house, no thank you. She seemed to barely wanna talk to me on the phone, let alone me coming over to her house. I think I'll make one more phone call to try to help, then I'm moving on.

What does "Customer Not Satisfied" mean?

"Customer Not Satisfied" is a phrase used to indicate that a customer was not happy with a product, service, or experience they received.

What should I do if a customer is not satisfied?

If a customer is not satisfied, it is important to listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that will make them happy. This could involve offering a refund, replacement, or other form of compensation.

Why is it important to address customer dissatisfaction?

Addressing customer dissatisfaction is crucial for maintaining a good reputation and keeping customers coming back. It shows that you value their feedback and are willing to make things right.

How can I prevent customers from being dissatisfied?

The best way to prevent customer dissatisfaction is to provide high-quality products and services and strive for exceptional customer service. It is also important to listen to customer feedback and make improvements based on their suggestions.

What can I learn from a customer not being satisfied?

A customer not being satisfied can provide valuable feedback and insights into areas that may need improvement in your business. It is important to listen and learn from their experience to make necessary changes for future customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • peichef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • ljeffries