• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the $55 Spring Launch Registration worth it compared to last year's $50 fee?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the cost of Spring Launch, which is $55, and the convenience of attending the event depending on the location. Most people feel that the cost is reasonable as it is only a $5 increase from last year, and they are excited to attend. The discussion also looks into the closest locations to each person and the potential cost for traveling if needed, including airfare costs. People are also excited about the possibility of winning free hotel stays at NC and are looking forward to attending the event.
pkd09
Silver Member
$55 WOW! I think last year it was $50??? How do others feel about this cost?

It's $5. Not enough to even raise an eyebrow at, and considering everything is more expensive, I'm not surprised.But I'm not going this year- it's at a city 3-hrs from me, and I already have plans.

I think it is a reasonable cost, it is a one day event but it is jam packed and a good investment

It's a bargain to have local HO training, get pumped about your biz and the new products, network with other consultants.

Hopefully they'll do what they did last year and give away the new products so they don't have to ship them back to HO.

Let's start doing our "no snow" dances now.

I'm actually REALLY okay with this. This year, it's in the same city as where I live now so I don't have to get up at 3 a.m. like I did last year when I lived 5 hrs away from the closest large city.

I'm psyched! This year I only need to drive one town over which will be great (last year it was an hour away). I'm hoping they do product giveaways for the first ones to register (I was one of the winners last year:)). Well worth it!

Linda should be happy that it's closer to her this year, but it means it's further away for me. And on a Wednesday. We'll see how that works out...

I am bummed! The closest to me is California! I went to the Seattle/Bellingham, WA, Spring Launch last year. Lets see how much it will cost me this year. Last year I only paid about $12 for airfare + $20 for a hotel. I used mileage & split a room with some other ladies.

Hmmmm. I am looking at least $500 to fly RT to CA for either of the dates. Not including a hotel. I guess there is always a 'comfy' chair available in the airport with my name on it.

Thinking I will check the other locations. Does anyone know off the top of their head if any are hub cities for airlines?

Already registered! Cannot wait!

NooraK said:
Linda should be happy that it's closer to her this year, but it means it's further away for me. And on a Wednesday. We'll see how that works out...

Oh yes! less than an hour from my driveway to the parking lot......depending on traffic.

Registered AND booked the hotel room. I used military rate that was cheaper than what PC had booked. 6hr drive but worth it to find out on the first weekend of all the new information!!!
Price doesn't bother me- like others said- its $5!

akrebecca said:
Hmmmm. I am looking at least $500 to fly RT to CA for either of the dates. Not including a hotel. I guess there is always a 'comfy' chair available in the airport with my name on it.

Thinking I will check the other locations. Does anyone know off the top of their head if any are hub cities for airlines?

Check the big websites like travelocity to see what airlines fly into the locations you're considering. If an airline shows a lot of connecting flights through a particular city, then that's one of their hubs. Also remember that Southwest doesn't list their flights on any other sites. Try Jet Blue and Air Tran as well.

I'm lucky that it's a 30 min. drive. I don't know that I'd fly or spend the night in a hotel for a one-day meeting.

Registered. I'll book a hotel room (it's 4 hours away) when we get a little closer and I know if I'll be rooming with others. I'm excited about the free hotel stays at NC that they'll be giving away. I'll be doing all I can to get lots of entries. :)

Hub cities are Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago and probably Denver. Not as sure about St. Louis.

akrebecca said:

For that much in airfare, I'd save it for the BIG conference in July! Not sure what airfare is for you to Chicago though. But least you'd get 3 days of conference, instead of just one.

Minneapolis used to be a hub city for Northwest

Haven't registered yet, I will do that this weekend, but $55 is a STEAL compared to conference, I'll take it!

$5 over last year - why even question it? The cost of your loaf of bread is up, the gas in your car, the electricity to run the computer you're on...$5... If it had a zero after then we should maybe flinch....maybe.

Someone reading this post is prob drinking a foofy coffee that cost more than the price increase. :) Don't sweat the small stuff - its worth the investment! Baltimore here i come! (and thats 5 hours away adding gas, hotel, food etc and its STILL worth it!) (and a trip to the Inner Harbor Aquarium!) hehe

I'm so excited! It was so much fun going with my cluster last year - so many more can go because of the cost and time involved for this one!

We had our cluster meeting tonight, and although it's only a 2 hour drive, I think we've decided to spend the night - there's an awesome Suites hotel w/ free shuttle to the conference, and we're so looking forward to all hanging together!

Nothing in ABQ but there are spring launches in Dallas, Denver, and Phoenix. My AD is in Phoenix and I flew there last year.....Hmmmm Dallas, Denver or Phoenix in February???

Already booked my flight to PHX and registered for launch! You Betcha Bippy!!

I miss leadership where I could travel somewhere. Though, it was always the week we returned from Christmas Break, which was difficult since I teach. I am looking forward to Portland, just an hour away and on a Saturday! No time to take off from work.

I've already bought my airline tickets to go from Utah to Denver, CO. I'm excited. I'm getting there in the afternoon the day before. It's the closest to me & it's an 8 1/2 hour drive. So, I'm flying.

esavvymom said:
For that much in airfare, I'd save it for the BIG conference in July! Not sure what airfare is for you to Chicago though. But least you'd get 3 days of conference, instead of just one.

I usually hook it in with a visit to a relative or a bit of shopping. Trying to convience DH to go with me. We could make it a weekend.

lockhartkitchen said:
I miss leadership where I could travel somewhere. Though, it was always the week we returned from Christmas Break, which was difficult since I teach. I am looking forward to Portland, just an hour away and on a Saturday! No time to take off from work.

I loved that it wasn't 3 weeks before the new season! I do not think they give enough time to prep for the new season when they tell us all the new stuff 3 weeks before it comes out. I change my recipes per season usually according to the SBRC so I have crunch time to do again this year.

lockhartkitchen said:

This is exactly why I'd never attended a Leadership. It was always just after Christmas (when funds are more depleted) and it would have included travel in the winter, which is always iffy here in MI...And I HATE to fly, and especially don't want to do it in the winter.

So, I'm so excited and thrilled that both last year and this year it was within a decent driving time distance!

I am so looking to Spring Launch as I could not go last year due to a broken ankle! The $5.00 difference is so minimal and any training offered by Home Office is so very worthwhile! Was anyone from Ohio able to find out where it would be held in Columbus? I am trying to decide if I should drive that morning or stay over the night before.
Get out there and register if you can - it filled up fast last year.:thumbup::love::D;):sing:

otisbg said:
I am so looking to Spring Launch as I could not go last year due to a broken ankle! The $5.00 difference is so minimal and any training offered by Home Office is so very worthwhile! Was anyone from Ohio able to find out where it would be held in Columbus? I am trying to decide if I should drive that morning or stay over the night before.
Get out there and register if you can - it filled up fast last year.:thumbup::love::D;):sing:

The nice thing about registering early last year was they pulled the first 25 people to win some of the new products they had on display!! I won the large square bowl and salad claws and several other people in my immediate cluster won too. Guess we like to get things out of the way!

I won the 3qt stainless sauce pan and double boiler last year. Let's see if they do it again this year. Although I would have loved to be recognized for becoming a director by the end of December. Still trying to attain Team Leader status.

Minneapolis is a hub

I believe St. Louis is also a hub. I live in the middle of the state, St. Louis is about 2 hours away, and I know I have flown in and out of there for family trips via Southwest.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh yes! less than an hour from my driveway to the parking lot......depending on traffic.

Me, too!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to see what all they have in store for us!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm so excited! It was so much fun going with my cluster last year - so many more can go because of the cost and time involved for this one!

Same here. We had to drive 3 hours last year, drive in the night before meaning hotel room. This year it's only 45 minutes away! We're super excited and happy that many on our team will be able to attend....no worries for an extra night of kid care, no hotel room.....wahoo!!

I registered and am so excited, it's my first one!!

I have one about 1 1/2 - 2 hours away..I just need to wait to find out of I can get off of work for ours. Funny thing is..if the Wednesday one had one closer to me I could register now because that will be my day off that week..LOL.

I just checked. Airfare from Tokyo is 69,000¥ to 321,000¥. The Dollar to Yen ratio is so bad right now that it converts to $812.50-$4,012.50. And that is before car rental and hotel. :(Think I'll save & wait until National Conference.

Sheila said:
I just checked. Airfare from Tokyo is 69,000¥ to 321,000¥. The Dollar to Yen ratio is so bad right now that it converts to $812.50-$4,012.50. And that is before car rental and hotel. :(

Think I'll save & wait until National Conference.

Hey Sheila, if you can hop a military flight to Atlanta I'll come get you and you can stay with me :)

Awe, that's sweet Linda. The military flights are space available. So there's no guarantee that I'd make it there or back! LOL. I'd have to attend the first date (CA) and fly commercial to guarantee that I'd be back to take over our two little ones in time for hubby to leave on a several week military thing. If I waited until the 2nd or 3rd date, my children would be without a parent! :rolleyes: They are 1 & 3, so way too young to stay home alone. Even if they were teens, I don't think I'd leave them unsupervised while both parents were out of the country. I'm going to save my money for NC & Toronto! ;)

I just registered for Spring Launch! Woohoo! I'm so excited! I have never been to any PC events so I am super stoked!

:pI can't wait to go!! I'm new so this will be my first Spring Launch!! I joined a month after NC, so I'm looking forward to next July as well!! Going with my cluster!! Loving my Pampered Chef business!!:p[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

Went to sign up and found PC dollars I didn't know I had!! Gotta love that - Columbus here I come

akrebecca said:
Hmmmm. I am looking at least $500 to fly RT to CA for either of the dates. Not including a hotel. I guess there is always a 'comfy' chair available in the airport with my name on it.Thinking I will check the other locations. Does anyone know off the top of their head if any are hub cities for airlines?
Phoenix is a hub for Southwest, and it's a Saturday. Hope to see you there.
If you are going to Phoenix, email me [email protected] We could all meet for breakfast or something.

Malinda Klein said:
Went to sign up and found PC dollars I didn't know I had!! Gotta love that - Columbus here I come

Maybe we'll meet there. I'm the short, perky woman with flippy red hair.

raebates said:
Maybe we'll meet there. I'm the short, perky woman with flippy red hair.

Sounds good, i'm looking forward to it!

We went to Columbus last year, but i think we're going to go to Baltimore this year. We're about 3 hours from either one, so it's toss up!! I'm pretty excited, I really enjoyed launch last year!

I really hope I can get registered for Omaha before it fills up.

I registered for Denver, CO!!

lockhartkitchen said:

Friday my hubby gets paid and I'm registering. I plan to bring my new recruit with me.

I registered Friday! I am so excited! Wasn't even sure if I could get off work for it (Wednesday in San Marcos, TX) but I was going no matter what....Luckily work said I can have that day off! It's a 3 hour drive for me, but I can't wait! I am hoping more of my group goes so I can carpool! I am soooooooooooo excited! And I just made Team Leader this month :) Now I just need to get all my girls to go with me!

I agree with everyone else. The $5 is minimal. This is a business, and they must cover their costs as well. I am looking forward to attending. Just like last year, it is only an hour drive for me. Last year I was in North Carolina. This year, I am in Massachusetts, so I am really looking forward to meeting new faces and networking with local consultants here.

<h2>Is the $55 Spring Launch Registration worth it compared to last year's $50 fee?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on your individual perspective and experience. The $5 increase in registration fee includes additional training materials and resources to help you succeed in your business. Additionally, the Spring Launch event offers valuable networking opportunities with other consultants and the chance to hear from top leaders in the company.</p><h2>$55 WOW! I think last year it was $50???</h2><p>Yes, there has been a $5 increase in the registration fee for the Spring Launch event. However, this increase includes additional materials and resources to help you grow your business and make the most out of the event. It is still a great value and opportunity for consultants to learn and network.</p><h2>How do others feel about this cost?</h2><p>Opinions on the cost may vary among consultants. However, many have found the additional resources and training offered at the Spring Launch event to be worth the $55 registration fee. It is also important to keep in mind that attending the event can lead to increased sales and bookings, making it a worthwhile investment in your business.</p>

Is the $55 Spring Launch Registration worth it compared to last year's $50 fee?

It ultimately depends on your individual perspective and experience. The $5 increase in registration fee includes additional training materials and resources to help you succeed in your business. Additionally, the Spring Launch event offers valuable networking opportunities with other consultants and the chance to hear from top leaders in the company.

$55 WOW! I think last year it was $50???

Yes, there has been a $5 increase in the registration fee for the Spring Launch event. However, this increase includes additional materials and resources to help you grow your business and make the most out of the event. It is still a great value and opportunity for consultants to learn and network.

How do others feel about this cost?

Opinions on the cost may vary among consultants. However, many have found the additional resources and training offered at the Spring Launch event to be worth the $55 registration fee. It is also important to keep in mind that attending the event can lead to increased sales and bookings, making it a worthwhile investment in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • PampMomof3